Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Wembley Pitch

Good morning 
How are your hangovers?

The pitch yesterday was a disgrace and the EFL need to seriously consider alternative playoff venues.

I watched nabby's back pass a few times last night and you can clearly see it hit several divots on the way back subtlety altering it's course. The blame for what happened lays with Wembley groundstaff.

Wembley should Consider themselves lucky that Bauer scored as it could have cost them an expensive lawsuit. 

Comments

• Options
    Nice toilets though.
  • Options
    Nice toilets though.
    You went to the toilet on the pitch?
  • Options
    Probably been a harder couple of years for the Wembley Groundstaff than usual

i.e. Imagine the pitch is usually beautiful because anyone hardly plays there over the course of the season and they've got time to manage it... These last two years though they've had Spurs playing all their games there (along with all the other games played @ Wembley over the season) and yesterday's game was of course hot on the heels of the League Two Play-Off Final
  • Options
    Let's not make excuses for the back pass, Dillon didn't in his post match interview. Whilst I've seen better pitches at Wembley in the past, the back pass and any divots were completely unrelated. It was just a horrible howler from the keeper.
  • Options
    I think Dillon was right what he said when he should have done better as was a simple pass to control

But I've loved Naby this season (Hope he shows what he can do in the Championship and would be berating Solly had he done the same) yet as Darren Bent said on Quest, your taught as a kid when you pass the ball back, you never pass it back between the goal!! - Should have put it either side of the post (the RIGHT side) so worst case it would have gone for a corner
  • Options
    I think Dillon was right what he said when he should have done better as was a simple pass to control

But I've loved Naby this season (Hope he shows what he can do in the Championship and would be berating Solly had he done the same) yet as Darren Bent said on Quest, your taught as a kid when you pass the ball back, you never pass it back between the goal!! - Should have put it either side of the post (the RIGHT side) so worst case it would have gone for a corner
    They have been doing that all season, firmly in Dillons court and no one else, but he redeemed himself moments later and the team did the business!
  • Options
    Kap10 said:

They have been doing that all season, firmly in Dillons court and no one else, but he redeemed himself moments later and the team did the business!
    Sorry disagree... If they've been doing it all season then they're idiots, only a matter of time before your punished for it

Hell not saying Dillon is blameless (he's certainly at serious fault) but its equal blame for me
  • Options

I coached from U8 to U12 and every week I said only pass back to the keeper as a last resort and Always put the ball either side of the goal.

I agree the Nabster must take his share of the blame. 
  • Options
    If you’re going to have a moment like that, what a time to do it eh, but it all turned out all right in the end. Glad for them both, that would have haunted them forever, if that had been the only goal of the game.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    3blokes said:
    If you’re going to have a moment like that, what a time to do it eh, but it all turned out all right in the end. Glad for them both, that would have haunted them forever, if that had been the only goal of the game.
    The good thing about the goal, it was so earlier in the game.
  • Options
    The most bizarre and horrible moment....that can smile at now!
  • Options
    3blokes said:
    It's funny because where we were sat, there was an initial stunned silence, but after 20 seconds or so we all let out an almighty roar, me personally because of the realisation that we had bags of time to rectify it.
  • Options
    edited May 2019
    3blokes said:
    It's funny because where we were sat, there was an initial stunned silence, but after 20 seconds or so we all let out an almighty roar, me personally because of the realisation that we had bags of time to rectify it.
    Didn’t bother me so much, as I’d done Sunderland first half, Charlton to win the game. So my bet was on.