Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Jonny Williams (pg. 10 - signed??)

Comments

• He’ll stay in the London area I think! He really suffered when he went to Sunderland mentally.
    I heard that directly from one of his Palace team mates. Can’t see him making that mistake again. Offer him a huge payday if he gets us up to the premier 
  • We will be a much better team with Jonny and a pre season with Bow and Jacko would help him seems a good man to have around as well let’s hope something can be done his ball carrying is unreal such good feet will really miss watching him if he goes like Joe Aribo has got that X factor 
  • edited June 2019
    JW knows the financial constraints at Charlton. He could always approach LB and say I'll sign for X instead of Y and see if that's appealing.

Personally, I think LB is right to be cautious given JW's injury history and JW may well need to realistic in his wage demands. I'm not saying he can't get a great deal at say Swansea but I strongly doubt he'll be offered anything like his CPFC wage level ever again.
  • Reckon Fulham only possible club who could match his wages. 
  • Simonsen said:
    JW knows the financial constraints at Charlton. He could always approach LB and say I'll sign for X instead of Y and see if that's appealing.

Personally, I think LB is right to be cautious given JW's injury history and JW may well need to realistic in his wage demands. I'm not saying he can't get a great deal at say Swansea but I strongly doubt he'll be offered anything like his CPFC wage level ever again.
    Maybe any contract we offer to Williams will be top of our payscale, of course ..... plus strongly incentivised with bonuses?

It's up to him then to go the extra mile to earn those bonuses or play a vital part in team success.
    He's showed the character and desire to play for the shirt.

Could be a way forward.

PS: Any quality Pro looking for a smart agent, please give me a call.  :smile:

• He would tell the SLP he would like to stay buy Roland's not going to get anywhere near his wages and other clubs will. Playing for Swansea would boost his Wales career too.
  • Sponsored links:

• Also igors mega paypacket is now gone
  • He will have to drop his wages by 50% or more .He might not be greedy but that's just to big a gap.

Its ground hog  RDs Ego transfer pittance day/month/season
  • Also said last six months have been the highlight of his career as was being mobbed in the pitch evasion 
    That smile as he lifts the trophy says it all
  • Would love it if something could be sorted out.

Seems like a good team man, and gets bums OFF seats.

With a gentle pre-season could shake off that "Injury prone" tag...
  • did well for us but surely, he is not fully fit nor robust enough for a regular 46 game season as a starter .. assuming he is on a right good earner, he is not therefore good value for money .. thanks Jonny and good luck wherever you go, EXCEPT against us 
  • Not overly bothered if he stays as he's a bit of a luxury player who seems injury prone.
  • Sponsored links:

• Not overly bothered if he stays as he's a bit of a luxury player who seems injury prone.
    Beggars can’t be ..
  • I played golf with his old team mate Speroni a few weeks back, and he asked me about JW. Told him the fans love him.
    he said that JW needs to be near Family and friends. 
    The sunderland loan was so tough for him.
    said JW was one of the best players technically at Palace but his injuries were the problem, like we knew.
    not JW related but he felt sorry for Benteke. Basically said he’s a lump being played out of position. Didn’t agree with the managers tactics.
    He’s out of contract now. Told him to come down the valley. He said he couldn’t join a rival lol. 
    I said why not, JW did and he’s been adored by the fans.
    There’s a player to push Philips for the Number 1 shirt.
  • did well for us but surely, he is not fully fit nor robust enough for a regular 46 game season as a starter .. assuming he is on a right good earner, he is not therefore good value for money .. thanks Jonny and good luck wherever you go, EXCEPT against us 
    He fits the bill of us buying players with an injury prone history.
  • Isn't Speroni about 52 now?
    40 😉
  • Here's the link to the SLP interview mentioned above: https://www.londonnewsonline.co.uk/exclusive-interview-with-jonny-williams-as-he-talks-the-emotions-of-being-a-wembley-winner-again-and-how-charlton-boss-lee-bowyer-gave-him-back-belief/

Very good interview and hopefully he stays - but probably won't happen if RD tightens the bugdet.
    But surely it's not a question of Roland tightening the budget but rather whether Williams will drop his salary demands to a level that we can afford, and within our pay structure .
  • Love Jonny Williams! If he's willing to take a pay cut I would love him next season 
  • edited June 2019
    I am sorry but I would rather let Jonny go and put that money into keeping Bauer and convincing Aribo to stay through bigger wages. 
  • edited June 2019
    just put an instagram story up of his boots which looks like our training ground either way he was at home last night watching love island - never know

also johnny is quite a religous man and he now states this his happiness comes before money, there was a time when he was ready to jack football in - unreal on his day BUT he is injury prone. and it may not be a luxury we can afford at this moment in time. 
  • Johnny.  We're worried.  
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!