Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Jonny Williams (pg. 10 - signed??)

Comments

• I think he is a 'Charlton' type of player and would love to keep him; even if it is as an impact 'super-sub' as we saw on Sunday. Unfortunately, it sounds like he has greater aspirations that being a bit-part player would not support so I think he is highly likely to be at somewhere like Swansea next year. As others have said, the biggest weakness in signing up the players we want is the ridiculous situation in which one of our most successful managers in history is out of contract and, therefore, is unable to influence who stays and who drifts away.
  • meldrew66 said:
    I think he is a 'Charlton' type of player and would love to keep him; even if it is as an impact 'super-sub' as we saw on Sunday. Unfortunately, it sounds like he has greater aspirations that being a bit-part player would not support so I think he is highly likely to be at somewhere like Swansea next year. As others have said, the biggest weakness in signing up the players we want is the ridiculous situation in which one of our most successful managers in history is out of contract and, therefore, is unable to influence who stays and who drifts away.
    If Williams can only get on the bench @ Charlton though surely he's going to struggle all the more at a higher Championship side
  • meldrew66 said:
    I think he is a 'Charlton' type of player and would love to keep him; even if it is as an impact 'super-sub' as we saw on Sunday. Unfortunately, it sounds like he has greater aspirations that being a bit-part player would not support so I think he is highly likely to be at somewhere like Swansea next year. As others have said, the biggest weakness in signing up the players we want is the ridiculous situation in which one of our most successful managers in history is out of contract and, therefore, is unable to influence who stays and who drifts away.
    If Williams can only get on the bench @ Charlton though surely he's going to struggle all the more at a higher Championship side

I agree but I think he hopes (expects?) to play a bigger part in a team than we think he will if he stays at Charlton. I think he's wrong and that he would be better placed staying with us albeit (potentially) sacrificing any hopes of playing for Wales again unless he can hold down a regular place in our starting line-up. Ambition and desire are hard things to let go.
  • Bowyer has been quoted as saying that Williams is almost the complete player. Now to me that sounds like Bowyer would sign him. Of course it will depend on finances but I think there’s a good chance of this one. 
  • Swansea and Luton want him, apparently.
    I can see why he might go to Swansea being Welsh but Luton ! 😂😂😂
  • Williams called up into the Wales squad today.

That proves to him that should he re-sign for Charlton, it won't hinder his international career.

• Sponsored links:

• Oggy Red said:
    Williams called up into the Wales squad today.

That proves to him that should he re-sign for Charlton, it won't hinder his international career.

A big risk for him.  Imagine getting injured and then becoming a free agent. 
  • CAFCDAZ said:
    i heard late last night from someone connected to his agent that he is keen to stay, and looked likely that he would. just passing on

How strange... I’m 100% sure he isn't staying, I know that for a fact. We can’t afford to give him the wages he wants. Unless we get new owners soon he won’t be signing. That’s coming from one of  Jonny’s best mates 
    told you  guys, Jonny wasn’t prepared to lower his wage demands. Staggering to think anyone out there is willing to offer him 10k a week  
  • CAFCDAZ said:
    i heard late last night from someone connected to his agent that he is keen to stay, and looked likely that he would. just passing on

How strange... I’m 100% sure he isn't staying, I know that for a fact. We can’t afford to give him the wages he wants. Unless we get new owners soon he won’t be signing. That’s coming from one of  Jonny’s best mates 
    told you  guys, Jonny wasn’t prepared to lower his wage demands. Staggering to think anyone out there is willing to offer him 10k a week  
    I don’t think you’re right. He wants to stay but is waiting to see what’s happens in the next couple of weeks, just like Bowyer and everyone else 
  • Been let go but bowyer said half open. Looks like a case is we won’t pay what he is on now so he will go away consider his options and we will stay in touch 
  • Valley11 said:
    CAFCDAZ said:
    Yup, he’s keen to stay. 
    Lol listen I'm as gutted as you. I cant upload the screenshot but my pal who told me works for the agency Jonny is signed with, his a PLA and was in the directors box at Wembley. This was his exact reply to me asking if he was off;

"Was with his agent today at Wembley and it’s very likely he signs for charlton"
  • Been let go but bowyer said half open. Looks like a case is we won’t pay what he is on now so he will go away consider his options and we will stay in touch 
    Nice photo of you on another thread  😂
  • I fear Swansea will be able to offer him more than us if they are interested
  • I fear Swansea will be able to offer him more than us if they are interested
    A club with some issues but still with parachute payments
  • CAFCDAZ said:

His last contract extension was signed in June 2017 as a 23yr old Premier League player and full international Though he hasn’t pulled up trees in his career so far, I’m fairly sure that contract would have been for much more than 10k a week. The average Palace lsalary in 17/18 was £56k a week, with an annual wage bill of £117m
  • Sponsored links:

A "would ya" candidate.
  • Bowyer has been quoted as saying that Williams is almost the complete player. Now to me that sounds like Bowyer would sign him. Of course it will depend on finances but I think there’s a good chance of this one. 

Bowyer selected Pratley and Parker ahead of Williams, hardly a ringing endorsement. Sunderland was probably his  best game for us; against Donny nothing came off for him, and his stats for scoring and assists are practically non-existent, so we won't be pushing the boat out for him.
    A "would ya" candidate.
    No
  • We are letting a lot of people go,that saves plenty of money.Surely we can offer Williams a decent contract,I think he could team up with Jfc in the Championship and be a vital part of  next season.
  • DRAddick said:

Least he got one goal

:wink:
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!