Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Jonny Williams (pg. 10 - signed??)

Comments

• Options
    Not sure Williams is holding all the cards here.  He is injury prone and clubs will consider this before making an offer.  
  • Options
    Williams is a luxury player and it all depends if we can afford, financially and teamwise,  to have such a player
  • Options
    So clever, such quick feet, a class above this league. 

Yes the end product is somewhat lacking, but that can be improved upon. Look at JFC last season. 

Either way if he does leave us, what a way to go out. 
  • Options
    Seems like a lovely bloke and was excellent yesterday, but he doesn't score goals and if you play attacking midfield you need to score for me!
  • Options
    I think he’d want to stay under stable management based on his recent comments prior to final. Although there’s no clarity on ownership or ambition so it’s perfectly reasonable to expect options to be put in front of him and i’d expect these to be at championship level.
  • Options
    Like to keep Williams.
  • Options
    He’s a player I would like to keep but if we need to free up money then could go without 
  • Options
    Not sure Williams is holding all the cards here.  He is injury prone and clubs will consider this before making an offer.  
    Agreed. He wouldn't have come to us in January if there had been attractive Championship offers on the table. 

Besides, after his unhappy loan spell with Sunderland, personal happiness will be an important criteria too, being somewhere where he feels comfortable.
  • Options
    I just got a selfie with Jonny. I’m shaking. I know it’s not classy but whatever. What a nice bloke, really hope he stays.
  • Options
    Delighted for him, felt at times I was his one man fan club on here over the last couple of months. 

Will be be interesting to see where he is next season
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I wanted him to start, but him coming on to inject energy into the side at a key time was very important.
  • Options
    Pleased for him. Is there a player that has been on the end of more fouls in league one?

The Netflix doc painted him as a slightly lonely figure.

Bowyer bought him on at exactly the right moment yesterday. Just wish he'd go over in the box more
  • Options
    He posted a thank you Instagram which suggested to me he’ll be gone. Hope I’m wrong but think he’ll get snapped up by a club likely to be competing top end champ next season, whereas we’ll only finish 14th 😊
  • Options
    While I'd like him to stay he hasn't exactly set the world alight whilst here. Did make a big difference yesterday though. 
  • Options
    Walked out of The Valley with beilik about 20 mins ago
  • Options
    He's at the valley tonight watching the Charlton Vs Homophobia tournament. Had a 5 minute chat with him. Firstly, lovely bloke, said he's hoping to sign next year if things can be worked out. Said yesterday was best day of his career, better than palace play off win. Said he hasn't been to bed yet 😁
    I wondered why The Valley car park was so full.  Thought i was missing a promotion party!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Walked out of The Valley with beilik about 20 mins ago
    Tripped on a pothole and tore his achilles
    👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻
  • Options
    Pleased for him. Is there a player that has been on the end of more fouls in league one?

The Netflix doc painted him as a slightly lonely figure.

Bowyer bought him on at exactly the right moment yesterday. Just wish he'd go over in the box more
    I played golf with Speroni about 8-10 weeks ago, and he said that Williams is the kind of player that needs his friends around him. The loan in Sunderland was very tough on him mentally. Said he was one of the best players technically at Palace but his injury issues, as we know forced him out.
  • Options
    edited May 2019
    Despite playing for Wales, he’s a South London boy so that combined with feeling like he was a part of something special... it doesn’t surprise me if he wants to stay.

I think LB and JJ finally cracked it with his best position. Some of his best performances in a CAFC shirt have come from off the bench. I would worry if he ended up in our starting XI next season - he’s very technically gifted but needs to add goals and assists to his game, without mentioning his brittle legs.

I’d have him back but only if he’s willing to accept a reasonable wage. Maybe a two year deal with an optional third if he makes x number of appearances.
  • Options
    A frustrating player to watch - if he had more end product he'd be top class.
  • Options
    Was valuable at Wembley , dragged us up the pitch and ran a tired Sunderland in circles. Personally, not a starter for me, and probably not going to make it in the Championship. 
  • Options
    Classy player,accept you wont get 90 minutes every week,manage him properly and he will be a great asset in the championship.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!