Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Controversial take on the Cech incident

edited October 2006 in General Charlton
Well I saw it yesterday and in reality and surprised something like that hasn't happened previously.

Hunt may not have meant to fracture his skull but he definately left his knee in there. The arguement should then be why do players leave their boots/ knees in there ?

We've all played, we've all seen it.

Comments

• Options
    i thought same, and if it had been say Dickov, we'd all be going mad.

I also thought the second one was even more pre-meditated, i think in mid flight he decided to take CC out.

In both incidents, no player would of wanted to have the impact they did, but i'm convinced they were not innocents either.
  • Options
    So why are the media not saying so?
  • Options
    i don't think its an anti-Chelsea thing, maybe because there is no conclusive proof added to the fact that there is no way they would deliberately wish such serious injury.
  • Options
    I really couldnt see it as malicious to be honest.

As Lawro said on MOTD, only Hunt knows whether he meant it or not.

In my opinion i thought it looked extremely innocuous and was very unlucky.

We have to remember that both players were moving very fast on a slippery surface, the reaction times to get out of the way of Cech would of had to be immense on Hunt's part.

Probably one of those things that we'll never find out.
  • Options
    I don't believe Hunt's was malicious at all, but would have to confess that if it had been Bellamy, Dickov etc. we might jumpt o a diofferent conclusion. Don't believe there was any intent in the Cudicini incident either.

Have to say I am very impressed by Mourinho, who said he doesn't care about football, he doesn't care about Chelsea, he doesn't care about Barcelono, he only cares about his two friends who are in hospital.
  • Options
    If you're going for the ball, you don't go in knee first...
  • Options
    If you're going for the ball, you don't go in knee first...

I thought it looked like he stumbled, if he wanted to "do" Cech then i think it would have been much more obvious but as i said before only Hunt knows.