Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

N Irish fans turned away

When trying to board a plane for the match according to a Sunderland fan. They didn't have  I D with them!

How gutting must that be? Feel for them.

Anyone on here? 

Comments

• Options
    Remember seeing a programme some years ago when Easyjet wouldn't let somebody fly from London to Edinburgh because he didn't have ID. Ridiculous.
  • Options
    Even though its an internal flight how do you confirm its your name on the ticket without any form of ID whether it be a Driving License or Passport?
  • Options
    Even though its an internal flight how do you confirm its your name on the ticket without any form of ID whether it be a Driving License or Passport?
    Flying internally in some other countries you don't need ID. That said though I don't have much sympathy for these guys, always always look at what an airline requires before you fly. 
  • Options
    I can't believe they didn't know.
    But you know what they say fail to plan is a plan to fail.
  • Options
    Puzzled, as this isn't a new practice and coming from N Ireland, you'd have thought they'd be very clued up on security issues
  • Options
    iainment said:
    I can't believe they didn't know.
    But you know what they say fail to plan is a plan to fail.
    What I say is "prior preparation prevents pisspoor performance"
  • Options
    edited May 2019
    I assume they were Mackems and not Addicks.....that’s not been established?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Surely most people have their driving licence in their wallet? Idiots.
  • Options
    I assume they were Mackems and not Addicks.....that’s not been established?
    They were ours from what I've seen
  • Options
    Thankfully, this wasn't me.

But, I wouldn't dream of flying between NI and London without photo ID - it's been a requirement for as long as I can remember. 
  • Options
    It doesn't necessarily have to be a passport though, although certain airlines insist on that anyway iirc. I once flew back from Cork using my work photo ID cos I couldn't find my passport in my bag.
  • Options
    Your problem would be landing in London with an Irish accent and no passport/driving licence...

The Irish Government have introduced a new photocard to go with the passport that would deal with such issues. 
  • Options
    Yeah, I have to admit I wouldn't want to have to argue the niceties of the Common Travel Area provisions with the more officious Border Agency staff.
  • Options
    I think there may still be Special Branch knocking about in Arrivals. 

For the intellectually stimulating conversation, naturally.