Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Shirt Clash

If I have missed this,sorry, but who will change their strip for Wembley as they both play in red.

Comments

• Options
    We're in red as we finished above Sunderland
  • Options
    Sunderland will be in BLACK!
  • Options
    We're technically 'at home' because we finished higher, so it'll be Sunderland.
  • Options
    Thank You Henry
  • Options
    Hope that is a good omen as we wore our home strip in 1988
  • Options
    Need to try and find the top I had on that day..scraping the barrel for any sort of luck.

• Options
    Macronate said:
    Derek1952 said:
    Hope that is a good omen as we wore our home strip in 1988

and 98.
    I believe we had a home kit in 2008 too

the omens are good 
  • Options
    seth plum said:
    The rules are that the higher finishing team play in their own colours, and can decide the colours of the opposition, Charlton (as I understand it) have instructed Sunderland to play in black and white stripes.
    Can we make them wear any colour we like?!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    hawksmoor said:
    It that the rule now? Always thought it was a coin toss. 
  • Options
    edited May 2019
    The Popo have ordered us to play in red for safety reasons, bet the mackems will whine at the end if we manage to win...
  • Options
    Talal said:
    hawksmoor said:
    No.......it’s because we finished above them.
  • Options
    Talal said:
    hawksmoor said:
    Not sure when the rule changed. It used to be a coin toss (as in 1998) but now it’s done by league position and has been that way for at least a few years.
  • Options
    Talal said:
    hawksmoor said:
    Not sure when the rule changed. It used to be a coin toss (as in 1998) but now it’s done by league position and has been that way for at least a few years.
    Better this way, any slight advantage should go to the higher placed team. 
  • Options
    we are in shirts, they are in skins
  • Options
    Are the goalposts jumpers?
  • Options
    There's no edges to the pitch, either. 
  • Options
    Not a shirt clash but I've just switched over to the Oxford/Arsenal Cup tie and I have to ask how much the genius that designed the Arsenal strip was paid to do so with camouflaged numbers. Seriously, who thinks white on grey stands out?
  • Options
    Not a shirt clash but I've just switched over to the Oxford/Arsenal Cup tie and I have to ask how much the genius that designed the Arsenal strip was paid to do so with camouflaged numbers. Seriously, who thinks white on grey stands out?
    https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/arsenal-oxford-united-fa-cup-28907026.amp
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/arsenal-oxford-united-fa-cup-28907026.amp
    Thanks. It does explain the kit and that is extremely commendable but players need to be identified if only by the officials especially when an offence has taken place. Otherwise, what's the point of having numbers in the first place?