Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

It's written in the stars!!!

Apologies if this has been posted elsewhere but I have been sent these little snippets today.

1997:

Sunderland manager Peter Reid tried to buy Clive Mendonca however he signed for Charlton as Alan Curbishley showed more interest in him. As we know Clive went on to score more than 20 goals that season in the league and a hat trick in the final against Sunderland.

2018:

Sunderland manager Jack Ross tried to sign Lyle Taylor however he decides to sign for Charlton. Once again he scores more than 20 goals in the league!!!!

1997/98:

Charlton: 26 wins, 10 draws, 10 defeats.

2018/19:

Comments

• Options
    Funnily its not the fact they've both scored more than 20-goals this season... Its the fact they go into the Play-Off Final having both scored 25-goals by this stage
  • Options
    Apologies if this has been posted elsewhere but I have been sent these little snippets today.

1997:

Sunderland manager Peter Reid tried to buy Clive Mendonca however he signed for Charlton as Alan Curbishley showed more interest in him. As we know Clive went on to score more than 20 goals that season in the league and a hat trick in the final against Sunderland.

2018:

Sunderland manager Jack Ross tried to sign Lyle Taylor however he decides to sign for Charlton. Once again he scores more than 20 goals in the league!!!!

1997/98:

2018/19:

That's more like it....

89th minute, Lyle Taylor 

• Options
    I think I'm going to do a little wee now
    It’s your prostate, mate. 
  • Options
    Funnily its not the fact they've both scored more than 20-goals this season... Its the fact they go into the Play-Off Final having both scored 25-goals by this stage
    Think I’m going to have to have a wager on Taylor getting a hat trick on Sunday now. 
  • Options
    Taylor sent off early, end result 0-4 
  • Options

Lyle Taylor scores for Wimbledon against Plymouth in the League 2 play off final in a 2-0 win.

Plymouth beat Portsmouth in the Semi final...
  • Options
    edited May 2019

On the way to Margate yesterday, I saw a lorry with Lockwood on the side and one with Dyer.

I saw no Sunderland related lorries.

There has also been a pair of robins in our garden for some time now.

• Options
    Similar idea/start to a thread a few days ago with an incredibly similar title

https://forum.charltonlife.com/discussion/85646/written-in-the-stars#latest
  • Options

Lyle Taylor scores for Wimbledon against Plymouth in the League 2 play off final in a 2-0 win.

Plymouth beat Portsmouth in the Semi final...
    Went to that final. Taylor was excellent
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I always thought of the Taylor and Mendonca similarities. Said to myself at the start of the season how funny would it be if we meet them at Wembley and Lyle puts in a Mendonca like performance.

I didn't noticed our records match though, that's very spooky 
  • Options
    Before the Gillingham match I visited Rochester Cathedral and donated £2. We won 2-0

Yesterday I visited Westminster Cathedral as I was in the area. I was a bit short of change, so only donated £1. If we win 1-0 on Sunday, from now on I will be visiting church before every match  :)
  • Options
    Before the Gillingham match I visited Rochester Cathedral and donated £2. We won 2-0

Yesterday I visited Westminster Cathedral as I was in the area. I was a bit short of change, so only donated £1. If we win 1-0 on Sunday, from now on I will be visiting church before every match  :)
    Football is my religion, The Valley is my church.
  • Options
    Similar idea/start to a thread a few days ago with an incredibly similar title

https://forum.charltonlife.com/discussion/85646/written-in-the-stars#latest
    Tinie Tempah trumps both threads!!
  • Options

With a few more quid in your pocket next time please