Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Rule Changes

2»

Comments

• The drop ball is a weird & stupid one......

Play stopped with the attacking team on the edge of the opponents box  = drop ball on that position. 

Same situation but ball a yard into the box = ball given to their goalkeeper 70 yards away.

Bizarre & totally unnecessary. No need to change the law at all. Go back to the original law that stood for over 100 years. A drop ball is a drop ball......no giving back it back to goalkeepers etc etc.
  • The drop ball is a weird & stupid one......

Play stopped with the attacking team on the edge of the opponents box  = drop ball on that position. 

Same situation but ball a yard into the box = ball given to their goalkeeper 70 yards away.

Bizarre & totally unnecessary. No need to change the law at all. Go back to the original law that stood for over 100 years. A drop ball is a drop ball......no giving back it back to goalkeepers etc etc.
    But the ball isnt given to the keeper 70 yards away. It is given to the keeper in the penalty area the ball was positioned when the game was stopped..is my understanding (but happy to be corrected if I am wrong)
  • PeterGage said:
    The drop ball is a weird & stupid one......

But the ball isnt given to the keeper 70 yards away. It is given to the keeper in the penalty area the ball was positioned when the game was stopped..is my understanding (but happy to be corrected if I am wrong)
    That's how I interpreted it too. Don't agree with it though, surely more exciting to keep the attacking team in position regardless of distance to goal.