Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Animated Film: 1998 Charlton v Sunderland Wembley Bartram the Blitz and Beyond

Many would have seen this before but for those who haven't this film we made sums up what Wembley will mean to many of us.  Taking the whole family on Sunday and these moments bind one generation to the next. https://www.crayfordhistory.org.uk/category/projects/bartram-the-blitz-and-beyond

Comments

• Options
    Lovely stuff!
  • Options

Absolutely brilliant film. My father was a Greenwich lad and also worked at Vickers in Crayford.
    Writing this in floods of tears.
    Thank you all those involved in making this and BartramBlitz for posting this as I was unaware of it.

• Options
    Thanks Pedro and Pete for your comments. The film was made in 2010 and posted on Charlton Life.  I thought this weekend was the time for it be put back on here again to remind us why CAFC is special to all of us.
  • Options
    Fantastic, just watched it with my 14yo son. It did bring a little tear 
  • Options
    That is absolutely brilliant, so moving. My family are all from Crayford and most worked at Vickers during the war, my nan who passed away 2 moths ago at the age of 99 would tell stories of her time working there making machine guns. They lived on Crayford Way and there was an alley down the side of their garden that accessed the factory that all the workers would stream down in the morning and they all be shouting 'morning' over the fence to her and my mum after she was born. I remember my great grandparents house on Iron Mill Lane still had the shelter when I was little. Loved the story about Jay Rogers convincing Jimmy Seed he was an ex Arsenal player and getting a game. Thanks for posting this, what a fantastic record of history. Special club.
  • Options
    Many would have seen this before but for those who haven't this film we made sums up what Wembley will mean to many of us.  Taking the whole family on Sunday and these moments bind one generation to the next. https://www.crayfordhistory.org.uk/category/projects/bartram-the-blitz-and-beyond
    Brilliant, you are a few years older than me, but I enjoyed the many old photos and brought back memories