Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Guardiola to Juventus to be confirmed in June

Strong reports across Italy over the last day or two that this is on the cards... what will City’s plan be if he left?

Comments

• Options
    Pep has denied it
    Man City board members have denied it
  • Options
    Pep has denied it
    Man City board members have denied it
    Confirmed tomorrow then.
  • Options
    Not sure this will happen this summer anyway, but is he worth it for Juve? He'll cost a fortune, and surely it'ss all about finally winning a Champions League for Juve - the one competition where Pep's record is a bit patchy.
  • Options
    Thing is, the only trophy left to win at Man city is the champions League. If city get the one year ban that has been mooted, he'd need to commit to another 2 years, just to get a shot at it. He doesn't like staying anywhere too long and has already been there 3 years. Is he going to commit to 5, knowing he'll probably need 6 anyway (I doubt he's arrogant enough to assume that after a year out of Europe they'll simply walk back in and claim the CL first time out)
  • Options
    edited May 2019
    Would’ve agreed with you until today Paulie.

Apparently agi.it are more than a sports rumours site and don’t just post stories without having a very reliable source.

I was rubbishing this too but it suddenly feels more credible today.
  • Options
    Old Pep does love a challenge doesn't he. Its probably BS though.
  • Options
    This would be a huge surprise if he leaves already.
    Was reading this on Mavi at Juve.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/48362430
  • Options
    The City dealings are so shady who knows what's going on behind the scenes. His reaction to that question about where he gets his pay cheques from is a great example of how not everything is quite as rosy as the City propaganda machine would have you believe. He turned into Robert De Niro in Taxi Driver with a hint of Vito Corleone. 

If if they're facing transfer ban or CL expulsion, or if he's aware of some other developments on the horizon then I absolutely could see him leaving and trying to complete the big league set. But I really want him to, so maybe it's wishful thinking. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    James Horncastle is rarely wrong with Italian football, he was saying earlier this week that Pep to Juventus wasn’t anything like he had heard from Italy and he’d be very surprised.
    Said that while Poch was the ideal man, Juventus were unlikely to pay the 30+ million to buy him from his Spurs contract and then pay him a mega money contract on top, as well as have money for signings.

Alternatively it looked like Sarri or Inzaghi were the leading two candidates, unless they hijacked the “virtually done deal” of Conte to Inter.

Since the agi.it report someone has asked again on twitter and he said he’d still be very surprised. Goes against what he is hearing from Italy.
  • Options
    Pep will do a Ferguson on city I reckon

Wait till he loses his trusty old guard like Aguero/ Silva/ Walker and Fernandinho and then leave them on a high.

Of course with all their oil money they should cope a lot better.
  • Options
    Old Pep does love a challenge doesn't he. Its probably BS though.
    If Pep wants a challenge, I'm sure Bolton or Notts County will be interested...
  • Options
    Laddick01 said:
    Pep will do a Ferguson on city I reckon

Wait till he loses his trusty old guard like Aguero/ Silva/ Walker and Fernandinho and then leave them on a high.

Of course with all their oil money they should cope a lot better.
    Don't think that's going to happen with City. They can cope without Silva now and I'm expecting a CM and RB to come in the summer. Jesus has been slightly disappointing but is still young and when Aguero goes they will just splash on another striker. 
  • Options
    edited May 2019
    What a step down, if true. I know Juve’s past is greater than ManC’s but right now, there is nothing like ManC in terms of a well-oiled, highly-funded machine. Maybe that’s what attracts him.... a new challenge. But he still has one... winning the CL with City.

• Options
    What a step down, if true. I know Juve’s past is greater than ManC’s but right now, there is nothing like ManC in terms of a well-oiled, highly-funded machine. Maybe that’s what attracts him.... a new challenge. But he still has one... winning the CL with City.

It's really not a step down, Juventus are a huge club. I do however agree with other posters that Pep's only challenge at Juventus will be the same as his major challenge with City, winning the Champs League. 
  • Options

City not getting kicked out for financial irregularities? 
  • Options

It's really not a step down, Juventus are a huge club. I do however agree with other posters that Pep's only challenge at Juventus will be the same as his major challenge with City, winning the Champs League. 
    I guess upon reflection you are right. But I think the hugeness (in the present day) between them is mainly determined by the  way Pep will tip the scale. If he leaves MC, I think suddenly a few of those players will not longer have a strong desire to stay there. And fewer will want to come to MC in the future. Juve’s gain is MC’s loss.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I think Pep will want to win the Champions League with City. Will want to keep the full set going.
  • Options
    Regarding Juventus, remember Mavididi?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/48362430
  • Options
    This does appear to be gaining traction but, as previously said, james Horncastle is. Dry well informed and has said he thinks it bollocks.

guardiola might be thinking he’s completed English football though....

cokld be an interesting summer for some
  • Options
    edited May 2019
    ManC would respond by offering Pep £40M to £50M  per year to stay. And he would be worth that easily.
  • Options
    Juve and PSG, then Guardiola would win a whole host of trophies in the top 5 leagues. People will still criticise because of the quality of the competition, particularly in 3 of them. 
  • Options
    James Horncastle is rarely wrong with Italian football, he was saying earlier this week that Pep to Juventus wasn’t anything like he had heard from Italy and he’d be very surprised.
    Said that while Poch was the ideal man, Juventus were unlikely to pay the 30+ million to buy him from his Spurs contract and then pay him a mega money contract on top, as well as have money for signings.

Alternatively it looked like Sarri or Inzaghi were the leading two candidates, unless they hijacked the “virtually done deal” of Conte to Inter.

Since the agi.it report someone has asked again on twitter and he said he’d still be very surprised. Goes against what he is hearing from Italy.
    Yeah trust him on this kind of stuff, and generally an enjoyable journalist. 

I know that Guardiola finished his European career in Italy, and I'm almost certain I've heard he has always wanted to coach in Italy (and went to Italy because of the quality of tactics there). But the money you'd imagine would be involved, it's hard to see any Italian team coming up with that at the moment. 
  • Options
    If Pep did go to Juve, I suspect ManC would go after Poch?
  • Options
    Highly unlikely in my opinion, he has vehemently denied the rumour and I don’t think he would issue such a strongly worded public denial, and then go back on his word.
    I also think he wants one more crack at the CL, with this city team.
  • Options
    Now the latest is that Sarri is on his way to Juve.
  • Options
    edited June 2019
    Now the latest is that Sarri is on his way to Juve.
    If true then Chelsea could do worse than go after Allegri. I think it's too soon in his career for Lampard to go there.

Still crazy that they're even thinking of letting Sarri leave though. 3rd in the league, a cup final and a European trophy in his first season. If Abramovich was City owner he'd have sacked Guardiola after 1 season.