Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

thread for the Wembley prawn sandwich eaters

aka whoever has shelled out for hospitality as I have. 

I'm curious to know who else on here might be in the same area as us, but it seems none of us actually know which lounge we will be in at this time. I asked this morning and got this reply which I am sure the poor lady did not mean to sound as snooty as it does to me:

Thank you for your email and confirming receipt of the tickets.A pre event email will be sent tomorrow/Friday which will further clarify dress code, location of hospitality and provide you with an itinerary for the day.

"Further clarify dress code"? WTF?

Comments

• Options
    Shirt & tie, suit & shoes.
  • Options

I'm curious to know who else on here might be in the same area as us, but it seems none of us actually know which lounge we will be in at this time. I asked this morning and got this reply which I am sure the poor lady did not mean to sound as snooty as it does to me:

Thank you for your email and confirming receipt of the tickets.A pre event email will be sent tomorrow/Friday which will further clarify dress code, location of hospitality and provide you with an itinerary for the day.

Why I gave hospitality a miss , doubt I'd get in with shorts on
  • Options
    Shirt & tie, suit & shoes.
    Not an ordinary lounge suit, I heard it was penguin suits :wink:
  • Options
    Apparently Sunderland have the Atrium ?

i have 5 tickets for hospitality (apparently) but have had no email and no tickets thus far.

Not getting too nervous about it just yet....

(will be on the blower at 9 am tomorrow! )
  • Options
    We will be in the Venue on the 2nd tier
  • Options
    No Flat caps

That is all.
  • Options
    Dress code. lol
  • Options

I'm guessing the need to 'clarify' is the replica shirts issue - seems a bit ambiguous from the ClubWembley site.

• Options
    Been told the only dress code involves no replica shirts or badges as fans mixed. This is in the Diamond package which is the £269 tickets.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    MOBY DUCK said:

I'm guessing the need to 'clarify' is the replica shirts issue - seems a bit ambiguous from the ClubWembley site.

FFS. That appears to suggest that you can't wear anything that identifies you as a Charlton fan. Nothing!

But they have definitely sold the package on the basis of segregation. My sister is heading off to the club shop tomorrow FFS.

Sharp email coming up for "Charlie" at Wembley
  • Options
    Caveat Emptor.
  • Options
    clb74 said:

Why I gave hospitality a miss , doubt I'd get in with shorts on
    You'd not get in wearing an Armani suit.
  • Options
    Ive been told “there’s no dress code as such but no club colours”

im going with smart jeans and a sports jacket (and a Charlton flag in my pocket 😉)

box 3111 if anyone is nearby 
  • Options
    edited May 2019
    MOBY DUCK said:

FFS. That appears to suggest that you can't wear anything that identifies you as a Charlton fan. Nothing!

But they have definitely sold the package on the basis of segregation. My sister is heading off to the club shop tomorrow FFS.

Sharp email coming up for "Charlie" at Wembley
    Defo don't wear that Mallard or Flying Scotsman lapel badge mate  ;).
  • Options
    MOBY DUCK said:

You won’t be allowed in club Wembley with replica shirts, if you are an adult.
    I have seen kids with kits on in there though, with no issues.
    Have a great day and hope the team have a great day too😊
  • Options
    Caveat Emptor.
    Yes well we'll see about that, because this "emptor" bought the whole package after a series of phone calls, wherein it was made absolutely clear that the packages are segregated (and the ticket implies that). It's the first I heard of any dress code. But as @MOBY DUCK says, that link is ambiguous, and it may not apply for this game.
  • Options
    Been told the only dress code involves no replica shirts or badges as fans mixed. This is in the Diamond package which is the £269 tickets.
    And did they tell you this, on the phone? They never told me. Because if I'd known I might have thought long and hard about doing this. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    We are in box 3107.
    no replica shirts but as all the seats in front of us will be Charlton , I can’t see a problem.
  • Options
    Got to say on such an occasion couldn't think of anything worse.
    Got to completely agree, no way would I have done this but...

when you you have a 73 year old Dad, Mum and a young boy ....it’s a little bit different.

Actually that’s rubbish because they were very happy to go wherever.

oh - did I mention ?  my really fussy wife who has been to ONE effing game all season...
  • Options
    That website link says 

The only exception to this is for some Sky Bet Play-Off Finals, where segregation is in place and you have a team specific ticket

Well I do have a team specific ticket...anyway I've mailed them, and invoked a few phrases from my law studies...FFS what a palava
  • Options
    Nice problem to have though

signed

John M
  • Options
    That website link says 

The only exception to this is for some Sky Bet Play-Off Finals, where segregation is in place and you have a team specific ticket

Well I do have a team specific ticket...anyway I've mailed them, and invoked a few phrases from my law studies...FFS what a palava
    Please give the poor people a wave at half time.

God bless all you toffs.
  • Options
    I wouldn't go in a box either, thank you very much. We are not in a box, we are in designated, segregated seating like everyone else. The attraction of the package for me is that it replicated what the directors laid on for about 1,000 of us in 1998, a big hall in the Wembley precinct which we could get to in plenty of time, have a bite to eat and some drinks, and then wander in, and return to after the game and celebrate or commiserate for an hour or so and letting the crowds on the Tube ease. And I am taking my family from Eltham (so three women in our group) and a Czech buddy. 
  • Options
    I think the no club shirts thing is aimed at the Bobby Moore and 120 Club areas where fans from both teams are interspersed - possibly leading to booze fueled trouble.

Found an old Yahoo chat thread from a Pompey fan that sounds promising - but it was a long time ago and is obviously not a proven source. If they've developed an image ego for all the lounges, I guess policy may have changed since:

• Options
    edited May 2019
    Redrobo said:
    That website link says 

God bless all you toffs.
    Mate, in the vast majority of cases it’s whacked on company entertainment/ expenses accounts, tax offset etc. Very few people there actually shell out their own dollar for their boxes or meals.

Good luck to them. Not convinced either way to be honest if I had the option whether I’d want to or not, but never say never I suppose. 
  • Options
    Redrobo said:
    That website link says 

God bless all you toffs.
    Mate, in the vast majority of cases it’s whacked on company entertainment/ expenses accounts, tax offset etc. Very few people there actually shell out their own dollar for their boxes or meals.

Good luck to them. Not convinced either way to be honest if I had the option whether I’d want to or not, but never say never I suppose. 
    Just as an aside @Redrobo and I know each other from teenage days, and he's taking the piss:-) He was a lot posher than me :-)
  • Options
    We will be in the Venue on the 2nd tier
    Actually our tickets say "Venue" too. Did they actually tell you, or do you just have the same thing on your ticket?