Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Pre-game drinks (Sunday)

Anyone else giving this way too much thought?

I'm going either pre-mixed rum and coke or 4 cans of fruity cider for the hour train journey into Paddington. 

Comments

• My plan is to play the long game, want to remember as much as possible of us being at Wembley as it happens so rarely so I won’t drink too much pre-match. 
  • Anyone else giving this way too much thought?

I'm going either pre-mixed rum and coke or 4 cans of fruity cider for the hour train journey into Paddington. 

Is that it in an hour? Lightweight. 
  • edited May 2019
    I prefer to drink after the game or at half time. Can't think of anything worse than having to go for a piss and we score.

• se9addick said:
    My plan is to play the long game, want to remember as much as possible of us being at Wembley as it happens so rarely so I won’t drink too much pre-match. 
    This was my plan last Friday, but then after what they put me through I had to get slaughtered to recover from the drama. 
  • se9addick said:
    My plan is to play the long game, want to remember as much as possible of us being at Wembley as it happens so rarely so I won’t drink too much pre-match. 
    This was my plan last Friday, but then after what they put me through I had to get slaughtered to recover from the drama. 
    Oh post game is a different story...
  • Does anyone know whether the pub split remain the same post match? 

Yes it will
  • Anyone else giving this way too much thought?

Is that it in an hour? Lightweight. 

Best to take it easy as it is a Sunday
  • Sponsored links:

• Will drink very lightly before the game as want it to be a day to remember

Afterwards is when we can celebrate / drown our sorrows properly

Yes, don't get the attraction of getting wankered before such an important match! It's not a meaningless away match, of the sort where you're just up there to 'ave a laugh...
  • se9addick said:
    Famous last words, you'll have had 10 pints by kick off.
    They swap.
  • se9addick said:
    You've changed...
    Also, this definitely wont happen.
  • iainment said:
    I prefer to drink after the game or at half time. Can't think of anything worse than having to go for a piss and we score.

Almost missed Mendonca's 2nd in 98 cause of that, got back from the loo and saw him latch onto the through ball...grabbed the nearest person to celebrate and rather large female steward I did say sorry but she was fine with it and told me she always supports the side where she is stewarding from.

Yes, don't get the attraction of getting wankered before such an important match! It's not a meaningless away match, of the sort where you're just up there to 'ave a laugh...
    Leads to the question where will people be drinking after the game?

Leads to the question where will people be drinking after the game?
    Trafalgar Square.
  • iainment said:

Almost missed Mendonca's 2nd in 98 cause of that, got back from the loo and saw him latch onto the through ball...grabbed the nearest person to celebrate and rather large female steward I did say sorry but she was fine with it and told me she always supports the side where she is stewarding from.
    I missed two goals in 98 due to being in the gents, drank on the train to Charing X, drank in the station, bought cans for the tube and drank in a pub before the game. Was hammered by kick off, my memory of the day was, and still is a blur.  
    Disgraceful behaviour.