Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Unashamed Glory Hunter

edited May 2019 in General Charlton
I have decided to drag myself out of my cave and will be attending my first Charlton match since binning my season ticket in Oct 2015. My last game was a home defeat to Huddersfield. I think what really drove it home for my on this particular day, was seeing my hero, Chris Powell, in the away dug-out, whilst we had some squatting clown that nobody had ever heard of (or since) in Guy Luzon. Despite the right noises coming from the board over the summer (which convinced me to give them one more chance and renew my season ticket), it was evident that nothing had changed and I was emotionally drained by it all, so simply walked away. Over time, my interest in the sport I had loved for most of my life, was just dwindling away. Every couple of months, I would go to my TV box and delete all the unwatched MOTD and FL shows that were on series link and could go weeks without knowing how Charlton were getting on and if I did hear a result, my reaction was pretty much the same, regarless of win, lose or draw. This site was usually the first place I came to when booting up the PC and would post or comment on a daily basis, but like everything else football related, I pushed it aside, to find new interests to keep me entertained.  The World Cup re-ignited my passion for the sport, even though I'll admit to having to look up some of the younger players to see which club they played for, as I'd never bloody heard of Stones, Pickford, etc.

As this season was drawing closer to it's conclusion, I did find myself slowly, but surely paying more interest in how we were doing and was even tempted to ditch my principles and dip my toe in the Valley once more, but didn't go that far.

So, this brings us to Wembley. I've never been to the new stadium (and my last journey to the old one was in 98) and despite having the opportunity to go in the past, I always said that the first match I see there would be a Charlton match. I've managed to blag myself a ticket, so off I go. If this game doesn't give me a long awaited re-boot, nothing will. Rowland my have put out my fire, but the embers are still smoldering deep down, under the ashes.

If you have reached the end of my boring, self indulgent mutterings, give yourself a pat on the back, you deserve it........................

Comments

• Options
    Good to see you back.
  • Options
    Swisdom, you're just jealous that despite me being away from this site for 4 years, I still have more LOL's than you.............. :D
    It's all about the "likes"

LOLs are sooooo last year
  • Options
    2 things that have been puzzling me since I've been away. Does Colin1961 still state the obvious and what has Paulie done to his hair?

• Options
    2 things that have been puzzling me since I've been away. Does Colin1961 still state the obvious and what has Paulie done to his hair?

Funnily enough I was trying to think of any boycotters that weren't going, even if they could.
    I could only think of 2 people & you were one of them.
    Welcome home.

Colin was banned/hasn't posted on here for years.
    Paulie is still around.
  • Options
    Welcome back Tango 
  • Options
    Call yourself a glory hunter ? My last 3 games are Sheffield utd away in the faCup 0-2, Fulham away 0-4. And the playoffs when Baily sent that penalty into orbit.

• Options
    I'm more concerned by the motorbike in your avatar. Where' the chuffin scooter.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Still got that too  ;)
  • Options
    What was the food like in the big house? 
  • Options
    What was the food like in the big house? 
    The only "big house" I'm constantly in is the one ran by Facebook. The screws know me on first name terms and I have my own personal cell in there  :smiley: