Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Matchday finally here

edited October 2006 in General Charlton
after what feels like an eternity !!

Can you believe that clubs in League 1 have played more than double the games we have already...

Looking forward to tonight, but football on a monday night is just wrong...

Comments

• Options
    Meeting points???

You having one in the City first!!!!
  • Options
    At last.
    I think that this weekend was okay, one match Sunday, one Monday the rest Saturday - in that context I am happy to have a Monday night game.

As well as for obvious reasons, I am also looking forward to seeing Claus play again tonight (looks like he will from Coleman's comments) - I didn't realise how much I have missed him! Funnily enough the stand-out performance I remember from him was when he ran the game for Bolton when they beat us in the FA Cup, that was a very, very rare occaison when I couldn't help but admire an oppositon player - only Giggs has come close to that. He was a hero for me because he must be the most skilful player we have had since getting back to the Prem.

So long as we win tonight, I'd love to see a bit of the old Claus magic.
  • Options
    I don't know what anybody looks like apart from Mr Irving but wouldnt mind meeting up for a few beers at some point.

Really looking forward to tonight, night games are excellent.

i think the title should be changed to "Official Match Build Up"
  • Options
    we'll sort some arrangements out this afternoon.

I hope if Claus plays he gets a fantastic standing ovation, and then has a stinker.

Tonight is about el manana, not reminiscing
  • Options
    Tonight is about a whole night of singing

Tonight is about a team and fans full of passion and desire

Tonight is about 3 points

Tonight is about Charlton Athletic Football Club
  • Options
    calm down WSS, i'm getting all emotional and its only 9.15 !! :-)
  • Options
    if you look at this morning's table six of our seven games have been against the top six and we are the only side to beat Bolton

a win tonight by two goals and we go above Sheff Utd into 16th - bring it on..............
  • Options
    I am all excited, i aint gonna be able to do any work, and i have to print the world and its dog!!
  • Options
    Sorry but as well as three points for us, I really want to see some of the old Claus magic.
  • Options
    Eight Bells is the pub innit?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    i need to work out where to meet people as i'll be on the munster road and coming to the game on me tod. need to get my ticket from somewhere. can't think about it yet tho, as brain is suffering massively from concentrating on focussing and keeping eyes open and fingers typing.

won't be drinking as still drunk from family wedding yesterday. who ever gave permission to hold weddings on any days additionally to saturdays should be shot. its wrong, so wrong, and i feel like absolute hell at the moment.
  • Options
    Eight Bells

Where about is that Rothko?
  • Options
    how do you all see tonight going ?

i really think we are due a strong performance, and can see us winning 2-0 !

Which is the worst jinx anyone could wish for...
  • Options
    Excellent, thanks.

I'll hopefully be able to meet a few of you tonight!
  • Options
    I see us winning, and winning well, confident performance with Faye dominating, and Reidy proving his worth.

I also see Suzi and Les struggling in the pub beforehand
  • Options
    I don't think he'll even come! he'll be sat at home with the sweats and shakes.

yes, i feel good about tonight, and feel we'll get a result for sure. 2-1 to us.
  • Options
    Can I just say...

RED ARMY!
  • Options
    I've taken the day off work today - just so I can get proper on it. have got a cheeky can on the go already.

Also have tomorrow morning off - forward planning!!!
  • Options
    we havn't won their for 20 years, 3-0 on a night when Pompey lost at home and promotion was sealed a week or so later. Remember hanging around for about five minutes till the Pompey result came through. Happy dayz. Feeling good about tonite but also am worried that we are setting ourselves up for a fall.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Fancy a draw me..!
  • Options
    I feel confident. 12/5 seems pretty good value to me (the bookies will be laying odds to reflect our league position) so I might go and invest at lunchtime...
  • Options
    And if anyone fancies travelling in style, I'm going by boat from Greenwich at 5.35, changing at Blackfriars to take a 6.10 boat to Putney (calls at Embankment at 6.15), arriving at 7pm.
  • Options
    i cant see the putney route on the thames clipper website?
  • Options
    "And if anyone fancies travelling in style, I'm going by boat from Greenwich at 5.35, changing at Blackfriars to take a 6.10 boat to Putney (calls at Embankment at 6.15), arriving at 7pm." - from Inspector

Too much sailing in those plans and not enough drinking me old china.
  • Options
    Im gutted I cant make it!! Sing a verse or two for me lads
  • Options
    Right Its 10.18pm and I've had two wild turkeys a smoke and a beer so I can sleep early, so I can get up early 5am!

Ive booked the morning off,so Ill see you later.........

As Curbs would say to Keith 'Its a big game today'

If we can get the first goal .....oh forget it COME ON BOYS GET THE POINTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    Wild Turkeys?!

Oh dear, they are lethal!!
  • Options
    [cite] WestStandSinger:[/cite]Wild Turkeys?!

Oh dear, they are lethal!!

WWS, you mean you know what that is???
  • Options
    edited October 2006
    Curb_It - the Putney route's run by a different firm http://www.thamesexecutivecharters.com/

Here's all the timetables:
    http://www.tfl.gov.uk/river/timetables.shtml