Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Statbank: POSF: Charlton 2-3 Doncaster, 4-4 on aggregate, 4-3 on penalties

many thanks to the 98 Lifers who gave marks:

Comments

• That's quite a high average rating for a game we lost! 
  • You're sounding like Mourinho...

Thanks, Lancs. Btw, who is Curren this new midfielder? 
  • You're sounding like Mourinho...

Thanks, Lancs. Btw, who is Curren this new midfielder? 
    oh yes "Curren" - ah, wat no 'ell :)
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    That's quite a high average rating for a game we lost! 
    I think the order in which the players finished is about right though
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    I think the order in which the players finished is about right though
    Could not argue with that
  • Pratley, top 2 I must have been watching a different game! I Don't think he had a bad game fwiw just looks like he has run out of legs, all subjective I suppose and I didn't vote (didn't get time)

All a bit different for a change, maybe I drank too much before only ones I agree are the bottom 2 lol

• Thanks LL, these are interesting. Seems relatively low for taylor and especially aribo, who i thought was very good again!
  • Very surprised about Cullen's mark, apart from the free kick I thought he was very average in a team that played badly.
  • That was by far the most difficult match to mark that I've seen, which is my excuse for not trying. Fair enough to give Dillon MotM for his pen save. Would have rated Sarr a little higher, but get the praise for Pratley.
    I reckon anyone who took a penalty deserves praise and half a point. 'Men', as Bowyer would say.
  • colthe3rd said:
    Very surprised about Cullen's mark, apart from the free kick I thought he was very average in a team that played badly.
    Being average (plus having a great assist) when many played badly suggests to me his score in the high 6s was accurate...

If I was being harsh, I would suggest that in a penalty shootout a keeper should save at least 1 of them, as it's unlikely that all 5 will be well struck. After all, saving shots is their job!
  • Sponsored links:

• I think Dillon will be disappointed with two of those goals. Don't get the high marks.
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    Well, I gave them all 5 so that’s not my fault. 
  • colthe3rd said:
    Very surprised about Cullen's mark, apart from the free kick I thought he was very average in a team that played badly.
    Being average (plus having a great assist) when many played badly suggests to me his score in the high 6s was accurate...

If I was being harsh, I would suggest that in a penalty shootout a keeper should save at least 1 of them, as it's unlikely that all 5 will be well struck. After all, saving shots is their job!

I think all round the scores are high but that is to be expected given the outcome. I still wouldn't have had him in our top 5 players on the night though.
  • I think Dillon will be disappointed with two of those goals. Don't get the high marks.
    First goal was really well struck... Maybe Dillon could have been better positioned but it was hit with power and imagine a lot of 'keepers would have struggled

Second goal; Bauer is out jumped by Butler... For me he should have done better, header was down low and into the corner so like a penalty in that part of the goal will always be difficult to save

Third goal, we were badly out of position... Cullen (who isnt a Defender so let him off) ball watches so lets Marquis get into a lovely bit of space for a free header; Phillips was where he should have been (i.e. covering his near post)
  • Thanks for all the clever stuff all season L L .. one more to go !!
  • Thought Cullen was our best player in the first 30 mins