Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Trafalgar Square next Sunday night

Comments

• Options
    edited May 2019
    In 98 there was no social media , after the game then most just wanted to go and have a lie down in a dark room and recover. Now something can be organised at short notice
    Some of us couldn't find a darkened room on a train whilst travelling back to the Isle of White where our family was on holiday. We only had a pass out for the day and no we weren't staying at Parkhurst  ;)
  • Options
    cabbles said:
    IF we win, I think I’ll head over to the swan or Charlton village.  I was 16 in 98 and we did have a drink in the princess of Wales and on the heath, but now I’m a bit older, think I would like to experience being in among the faithful 
    There were a fair few of the faithful on the heath in 98 - took bloody ages to get served in the Princess of Wales (although that may just have been an excuse from my Dad)
  • Options
    I think it is a good idea to be honest, I don't know why people are taking the urinal.

The spanners and palice think we are a bunch of knobs so let's turn up in our thousands and show the country who we are.
    Don't care what Sunderland, Palace or any other fans think, it's irrelevant.

We're a London club, not tourists in the Smoke.
    It would be great to have a massive following congregate in and around Trafalgar Square after the game.........”if we win.”
    A good and logical focal point for a bit of a kness-up post game before getting trains home from Charing Cross.....bring it on I say.
    Covent Garden is spitting distance too, with plenty of places for a drink or something to eat.
    I too don’t give a fuck what Palarse and The Spanner’s think but the suggestion to meet up there (if all goes well), is both a sensible and exciting prospect.
    Any real Charlton fan knows that there is only one rallying point for Charlton fans in central London.
    A stone's throw from Trafalgar Square....
  • Options
    aliwibble said:
    cabbles said:
    IF we win, I think I’ll head over to the swan or Charlton village.  I was 16 in 98 and we did have a drink in the princess of Wales and on the heath, but now I’m a bit older, think I would like to experience being in among the faithful 
    There were a fair few of the faithful on the heath in 98 - took bloody ages to get served in the Princess of Wales (although that may just have been an excuse from my Dad)
    Some of my family were there too and have always said it was an amazing end to the day. Im thinking more people will end up back in Charlton or maybe Greenwich Sunday evening?
  • Options
    aliwibble said:
    cabbles said:
    Some of my family were there too and have always said it was an amazing end to the day. Im thinking more people will end up back in Charlton or maybe Greenwich Sunday evening?
    Greenwich I would assume is the likely destination 
  • Options
    Bump

@clb74 and me are in the Bricklayers looking forward to celebrating in Trafalgar tomorrow.
  • Options
    You lot crack me up. Only You lot could get into an argument about whether to go and celebrate at Trafalgar Square or not :smiley:  

just enjoy your day, go with the flow, but make the most of it. The first visit to the new Wembley is really exciting but after the fourth or fifth it gets a bit mundane. :wink:
    We will celebrate in Trafalgar, whilst you fight each other at Wembley.
  • Options
    You lot crack me up. Only You lot could get into an argument about whether to go and celebrate at Trafalgar Square or not :smiley:  

just enjoy your day, go with the flow, but make the most of it. The first visit to the new Wembley is really exciting but after the fourth or fifth it gets a bit mundane. :wink:
    You’re going to Spain to celebrate?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Plenty of Sunderland fans going in and out of the Ship Tavern off Lincoln’s Inn Fields right now. The Mackems have landed!
  • Options
    Plenty of Sunderland fans going in and out of the Ship Tavern off Lincoln’s Inn Fields right now. The Mackems have landed!
    sounds like they're not heeding to the wise words from @AFKABartram
  • Options
    Walked through Covent Garden an hour or two back a few here and there too.
  • Options
    There are about 150-odd outside the pubs at Floral Street in Covent Garden. Tourists seem to be enjoying it!
  • Options
    Just walked through Trafalgar Square. Lots of sunderland fans about, a couple of red flares been set off 
  • Options
    cafc4life said:
    Just walked through Trafalgar Square. Lots of sunderland fans about, a couple of red flares been set off 
    Yeah, more Mackems around the bottom of Covent Garden and the Strand, bit of a Wearside soundtrack outside Charing Cross! 
  • Options
    cafc4life said:
    Yeah, more Mackems around the bottom of Covent Garden and the Strand, bit of a Wearside soundtrack outside Charing Cross! 
    London Bridge maybe a better option after the game.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I imagine most Sunderland fans will be heading off home soon after the match anyway
  • Options
    Plenty of Sunderland fans going in and out of the Ship Tavern off Lincoln’s Inn Fields right now. whether to go and celebrate at Trafalgar Square or not :smiley:  

Enjoying themselves like we will, in even more numbers.
  • Options

Wrong country Mr Spanner.

Ffs
  • Options

Here they are at Trafalgar square. Friend sent me this.
  • Options
    edited May 2019
    Not surprising.  Loads more by 20.00 tomorrow, of us.
  • Options

Ffs
    So Cape Trafalgar isn’t on the coast of Spain? 
  • Options

Ffs
    Christ an educated Spanner!! ;)
  • Options

Ffs
    Christ an educated Spanner!! ;)
    Imposter
  • Options
    Fair play to them, looks like they’ve filled Trafalgar Square and has a good night