Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Trafalgar Square next Sunday night

Comments

• Options
    Off_it said:
    I walk past it twice a day, I see lots of this invading Trafalgar Square thing by various groups. It’s something that doesn’t do it for me. I don’t like or feel need to let tourists know who I support, I would prefer to be in a pub having a beer.
    I think it’s a northern/ Scottish thing,”taking” London landmark.
    Who’d be going there to let tourists know who we support.....what a strange thing to say.......it won’t be crossing our minds for one moment.
    We would be going there to celebrate at a easily accessible and reasonably safe place with fellow Addicks at a location where it’s easy for them to congregate and then continue their journeys home afterwards whenever they wish.
    What’s your problem.....that you are bothered that you don’t want tourists to know who you support......that’s bloody weird ck if I may say so.
    Why not have a beer in one of the many pubs in the area ‘and’ take a bowl down to TS at some point as well?
    We are Londoner’s for the most part......why would we consider it as ‘taking’ it......it’s part of us and our heritage a part of ‘our’ city for Christ’s sake!
    Jeez, calm down mate.

You go along there if you want. Knock yourself out. Nobody will stop you.
    I just don’t like people pissing on the fireworks.
    What you say is true but why come on here putting doubts into people’s minds and inferring it’s a bad or negative idea.
  • Options
    edited May 2019
    clb74 said:
    Off_it said:
    I walk past it twice a day, I see lots of this invading Trafalgar Square thing by various groups. It’s something that doesn’t do it for me. I don’t like or feel need to let tourists know who I support, I would prefer to be in a pub having a beer.
    Who’d be going there to let tourists know who we support.....what a strange thing to say.......it won’t be crossing our minds for one moment.
    We would be going there to celebrate at a easily accessible and reasonably safe place with fellow Addicks at a location where it’s easy for them to congregate and then continue their journeys home afterwards whenever they wish.
    What’s your problem.....that you are bothered that you don’t want tourists to know who you support......that’s bloody weird ck if I may say so.
    Why not have a beer in one of the many pubs in the area ‘and’ take a bowl down to TS at some point as well?
    We are Londoner’s for the most part......why would we consider it as ‘taking’ it......it’s part of us and our heritage a part of ‘our’ city for Christ’s sake!
    Jeez, calm down mate.

Thousands of people enjoying themselves in the past, the Scots, Portsmouth and Sunderland.

Why can't we celebrate a win at Wembley this way?

• Options
    Off_it said:
    Off_it said:
    Jeez, calm down mate.

Thousands of people enjoying themselves in the past, the Scots, Portsmouth and Sunderland.

Why can't we celebrate a win at Wembley this way?
    You can if you want. Go for it. I've not heard anybody try stopping you.
    Thanks, very nice of you.

I'll bring my drum.
  • Options
    I thought Sunderland would take it over next Saturday night.
  • Options
    Pelham123 said:
    Further to what Henry is referring to, it would be great if someone could get a scarf around his neck on Sunday.

I don't mind heights, but the video of him climbing that in insane 
  • Options
    Off_it said:
    Jeez, calm down mate.

What you say is true but why come on here putting doubts into people’s minds and inferring it’s a bad or negative idea.
    F*** it, I'm game if you are mate.

I have a drum, do you have the microphone?
  • Options
    Then we take over celebrating a 3-0 victory.
  • Options
    I’ll be there or in Covent Garden.....I’m staying with friends near Tottenham Court Road so it’s a good shout for me.
  • Options
    You can dream but it’s not happening 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    You can dream but it’s not happening 
    Don't dampen my enthusiasm @oohaahmortimer it's happening.
  • Options
    Just keeping it real , we aren’t gonna win , I’ve never been so convinced we’d get through to the final and I’ve never been so convinced we’d lose it ...
    nothing wrong with dreaming the impossible dream though , it did happen once before 
  • Options
    Pelham123 said:
    Further to what Henry is referring to, it would be great if someone could get a scarf around his neck on Sunday.

I think Henry is referring to a gentleman round the corner from the square 
  • Options
    Just keeping it real , we aren’t gonna win , I’ve never been so convinced we’d get through to the final and I’ve never been so convinced we’d lose it ...
    nothing wrong with dreaming the impossible dream though , it did happen once before 
    Sunderland will bottle it, they almost have more to lose this time.

We are going to win and Trafalgar will be awash with Charlton fans celebrating.
  • Options
    Let’s just hope everyone at Sparrows Lane doesn’t share your opinion.
  • Options
    I told em all we were going to Wembley weeks back but only told Keith Peacock and Jacko we’d lose the final ....

• Options
    I told em all we were going to Wembley weeks back but only told Keith Peacock and Jacko we’d lose the final ....

Thus endearing them to yourself for eternity.
  • Options

That's settled then if we win.
    You can get yourself down to Nelsons and keep elfs company
  • Options
    Off_it said:
    Jeez, calm down mate.

Who's putting doubts in peoples minds? Where have I said that? 

I just told you to calm down, getting all worked up about something so trivial.

I think you may have mistaken me for someone else.
  • Options

Thus endearing them to yourself for eternity.
    Softening the blow for them whilst playing mind games and getting them to up their game to prove this old twat wrong , reverse psychology or maybe not 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited May 2019
    Off_it said:
    Off_it said:
    Jeez, calm down mate.

Who's putting doubts in peoples minds? Where have I said that? 

I just told you to calm down, getting all worked up about something so trivial.

I think you may have mistaken me for someone else.
    No....I know you didn’t mate.
    I can see from the way you read my reply as meaning I meant you but I was referring to one or two others......my fault, I should have made myself clearer.
  • Options
    No worries.
  • Options
    Off_it said:
    No worries.
    So are you joining us now we're friends again?!
  • Options
    Off_it said:
    No worries.
    Haven't got a ticket yet
  • Options
    I am actually bothered what others think of me in public, so I don’t give them anything to think about.
    You and others might find me bloody weird but it’s the way I am. If you and others want to celebrate please don’t worry yourself about one individual who won’t be there anyway.

• Options
    Off_it said:
    Off_it said:
    No worries.
    Haven't got a ticket yet
    Trafalgar Square is a freebie, you don't need a ticket mate.
  • Options
    edited May 2019
    And you haven’t got an invite to Trafalgar Square either Off_it. :cold_sweat:
  • Options
    In 98 there was no social media , after the game then most just wanted to go and have a lie down in a dark room and recover. Now something can be organised at short notice
  • Options
    edited May 2019
    Pelham123 said:

I think what Henry was referring to is just round the corner in Charing Cross Road
  • Options
    In 98 there was no social media , after the game then most just wanted to go and have a lie down in a dark room and recover. Now something can be organised at short notice
    We were supposed to go back to the liberal club in Orpington. No chance!! Emotionally drained, nobody wanted a beer! Even hired a minibus for the day.