Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Mackems

Comments

• Options
    Earliest that I intend to leave my seat at the end is when Sunderland return to the pitch with the trophy, thats if they win of course... Wouldnt blame people for leaving at FT but think it would be respectful to return that gesture they gave us in 1998
    I couldn't do that myself, clap Charlton off yes, but not watch the other team celebrating and parading the trophy about, and then you'd be stuck with all their fans leaving the same time as you as well. 
  • Options
    The full s p on Sunderland a f c ((:>)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sunderland_A.F.C.
  • Options
    Earliest that I intend to leave my seat at the end is when Sunderland return to the pitch with the trophy, thats if they win of course... Wouldnt blame people for leaving at FT but think it would be respectful to return that gesture they gave us in 1998
    I couldn't do that myself, clap Charlton off yes, but not watch the other team celebrating and parading the trophy about, and then you'd be stuck with all their fans leaving the same time as you as well. 
    Nah moment they're back on the pitch parading in front of their fans is the moment I'd be off... Like you say wouldnt want be dealing with their fans outside as we all try to get to the tube
  • Options
    Always had respect for them since 1998
    Apart from the brick they put through the supporters club coach on the way out of Wembley in 98....
  • Options
    edited May 2019
    I am from Newcastle originally so hate Sunderland. It’s traditional Geordie v Mackem rivalary. And I am fed up of them thinking they are entitled to win. 
  • Options
    Apart from the brick they put through the supporters club coach on the way out of Wembley in 98....
    Yeah we've all got pathetic fans havent we though
  • Options
    kimbo said:
    I am from Newcastle originally so hate Sunderland. It’s traditional Geordie v Mackem rivalary. And I am fed up of them thinking they are entitled to win. 
    To be fair and honest I think we will struggle against Sunderland especially if they have Mcgeedy available to play. I hope I’m wrong but I can see a Sunderland 3-1 win
  • Options
    edited May 2019
    Yeltas said:
    kimbo said:
    To be fair and honest I think we will struggle against Sunderland especially if they have Mcgeedy available to play. I hope I’m wrong but I can see a Sunderland 3-1 win
    I take it you haven't seen much of us this season! Yes we can lose, but overall we have the better players. better players all over the pitch. 
  • Options
    Yeltas said:
    kimbo said:
    I take it you haven't seen much of us this season! Yes we can lose, but overall we have the better players. better players all over the pitch. 
    I am a season ticket holder but I have just joined this forum - I have missed about 4 games due to work commitments.
    i have witnessed some good games but also witnessed a lot of below average games. Sunday’s game will all be about what mind set we have as a team and can we manage the big game atmosphere. Sunderland have more experience in that department than we do, especially with the crowds they get and the recent visit to Wembley. I’m not expecting an easy win or even a win at all.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    You can make a good case for either team , I was more confident before Friday. The pressure seemed to get to the players , will it happen again Sunday
  • Options
    If we match up the two likely teams and see which ones we would be happy to swap, I reckon we would have 7 and them 4. Maybe we should try it. 
  • Options
    To be fair I doubt they all threw it. 
  • Options
    Uboat said:
    To be fair I doubt they all threw it. 
    Very true, very scary though when your young boys are on that coach. 

• Options
    NE3Mackem said:
    Thought I’d sign up having seen this thread. 

My first memory of a proper big occasion was the play off final in 98, so thanks for that  :D

At the start of the season I predicted play offs for us, and the one team I wanted to avoid was... Charlton. That feeling has probably grown of late as we’ve been poor for a while, whereas your team seems to have grown in confidence. Can only think that all goes out of the window as realistically we’re two fairly evenly matched sides. If I had to stick my neck out for a prediction I’ll go with Charlton winning it in extra time. Our key players like Maguire and McGeady are returning from injury, or potentially still injured. We might run out of steam late on. 

Hoping for a good day out regardless, particularly as Charlton fans seem to be a good bunch in the main. Unlike Pompey  :/

We've sold out. How are your sales going ? (not a dig).
  • Options
    edited May 2019
    NE3Mackem said:
    Thought I’d sign up having seen this thread. 

My first memory of a proper big occasion was the play off final in 98, so thanks for that  :D

At the start of the season I predicted play offs for us, and the one team I wanted to avoid was... Charlton. That feeling has probably grown of late as we’ve been poor for a while, whereas your team seems to have grown in confidence. Can only think that all goes out of the window as realistically we’re two fairly evenly matched sides. If I had to stick my neck out for a prediction I’ll go with Charlton winning it in extra time. Our key players like Maguire and McGeady are returning from injury, or potentially still injured. We might run out of steam late on. 

Hoping for a good day out regardless, particularly as Charlton fans seem to be a good bunch in the main. Unlike Pompey  :/

We've sold out. How are your sales going ? (not a dig).
    I’ve not stayed close to it if I’m honest and I’m not an avid reader of our own board. 

From what I’ve heard we’re a couple of thousand from selling out but ive not fact checked that at all. 

I predict there’ll be a last minute flurry though, people pissing and moaning about train/hotel expense. They’ll all cave in as the clock ticks down. 
  • Options
    Do you see a repeat of 1998 or do you think this'll be your chance to put the ghost to bed?

I've noticed (partly through another poster on here) that no North East club has won @ Wembley since 1973 (about 20-matches)
  • Options
    Do you see a repeat of 1998 or do you think this'll be your chance to put the ghost to bed?

I've noticed (partly through another poster on here) that no North East club has won @ Wembley since 1973 (about 20-matches)
    Whatever happens I hope it isn’t that tense! I’d dread penalties. Not so much 98, I think the Checkatrade final will be in the minds of our players if it comes to that. 

I think our best chance is in normal time. If it goes beyond that I think Charlton will do it. 

In terms of North East clubs and Wembley, I can’t think of anything. Although I was born in the late 80s so there’s a chunk of that time that I’m not terribly familiar with.  
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    We only win play offs when we play Ipswich in the semi finals ..
    your turn to win mr Sunderland...
    I called a play off final defeat a long time back for us and haven’t seen anything that will change that .
  • Options
    I called a play off final defeat a long time back for us and haven’t seen anything that will change that .
    On the other hand, we've never lost a playoff final

Lost 3 times in the semis, won twice in the final...
  • Options
    What is the % chance we win?
  • Options
    38% Charlton Promoted ......62% Sunderland Promoted 

• Options

Whilst Sunderland have lost all three Play-Off Finals and one Semi
  • Options

Whilst Sunderland have lost all three Play-Off Finals and one Semi
    We’re due a final loss and they are due a final win
  • Options
    Even though it's Charlton and we can never take anything for granted, my inner belief was building a real head of steam until last Friday.
    On the plus side we did enough and guts'd our way through, but Donny did a real number on us and sowed the seeds of doubt in my mind especially if as likely Jack Ross was paying attention.