Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Attn former/lapsed season ticket holders

Having had a season ticket for 21 seasons, but not for the last 2 in protest, I’m wondering if any other fans in the same situation have ever been contacted by the club in an attempt to win them back.

I haven’t & it seems to me that the club don’t give a f*** about those of us who were loyal for 10/20/30/40/50 years through some difficult times. I’d be interested to know if anyone has been contacted - I don’t even get the season ticket renewal bumf sent out to me anymore.

Think I’ll be watching the final somewhere on the telly. CTID 

Comments

• Options
    Snap!
  • Options
    Having had a season ticket for 21 seasons, but not for the last 2 in protest, I’m wondering if any other fans in the same situation have ever been contacted by the club in an attempt to win them back.

I haven’t & it seems to me that the club don’t give a f*** about those of us who were loyal for 10/20/30/40/50 years through some difficult times. I’d be interested to know if anyone has been contacted - I don’t even get the season ticket renewal bumf sent out to me anymore.

Think I’ll be watching the final somewhere on the telly. CTID 
    You should be able to get tickets from Monday, I reckon. You’ll be on the DB
  • Options
    I have two season tickets and can't get tickets. Wasted the whole day on it with my daughter.

We've given up. The hassle outweighs the enjoyment.
  • Options
    They've just sold out 25,000 and will probably sell out their allocation of the final. 

They don't really have any tickets they need to email you about. 

They probably want to make sure current season ticket holders are able to get tickets before worrying about fans that haven't been around for years. 
  • Options
    They've just sold out 25,000 and will probably sell out their allocation of the final. 

They probably want to make sure current season ticket holders are able to get tickets before worrying about fans that haven't been around for years. 
    I assumed this was more a thread about the general effort the club is making to get people to return for regular games. Don't think anyone was expecting an email reminding them about a big game happening in North London next weekend.
  • Options

As a current season ticket holder that is emphatically not the case!

I can't get tickets!

Seems to be luck or computer knowledge that makes the difference.
  • Options
    For those season ticket holders struggling with technology there is always the option of the phone number
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Len  look on your private messages and call me, will try to help
  • Options
    801912601 said:
    For those season ticket holders struggling with technology there is always the option of the phone number
    Yes a phone number you can’t get through to!!!
  • Options
    Same here, had a ST since Selhurst days.
    Think they know the reason why so many long term supporters have stopped and they’re not that stupid, while Roland is there.
  • Options
    Off_it said:
    I had a season ticket for decades but gave it up two years ago because I couldn't bring myself to give the senile old fool any more money, which meant my son and dad also stopped going.

Now we are going to have to wait until Monday and take our chances to see if we can get three tickets then.

But that's life. You make your choices and you live with them. You wont hear me moaning about it.

There's always the TV .........

Doubt the tickets will sell out by Tuesday.

We could even get a few more as the capacity is 88k(?) so leaving about 16k remaining.
  • Options
    edited May 2019
    RDG said:

I assumed this was more a thread about the general effort the club is making to get people to return for regular games. Don't think anyone was expecting an email reminding them about a big game happening in North London next weekend.
    Yes this was what I meant. In other businesses we seem to be bombarded with ‘please come back to us’ correspondence - I certainly am with Sky & companies I’ve had car or home insurance with. But not a peep out of the business that is Charlton.

Seems some of you still don’t get what I’m trying to say judging by certain comments! When a customer/client suddenly stops buying your product after, say, 25 years, there is usually correspondence for a while at least trying to woo said customer/client back. 
    I’m not saying this just because of the impending final, in fact I’ve thought about it often during the last 2 years, wondering what my 48 years of custom has meant to the club. 
    Maybe this shows how little the non-footballing side of the club think of their “customers”. 
  • Options
    LenGlover said:

As a current season ticket holder that is emphatically not the case!

I can't get tickets!

Seems to be luck or computer knowledge that makes the difference.
    You have to ensure that your browser accepts cookies. Did you log into account on the website? I had to stay in a queue on line for around 10 minutes but got my ticket easily enough.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited May 2019
    RDG said:

Yes this was what I meant. In other businesses we seem to be bombarded with ‘please come back to us’ correspondence - I certainly am with Sky & companies I’ve had car or home insurance with. But not a peep out of the business that is Charlton.
    But I've seen plenty of comments on this board along the lines of

"Got a ST form from the club, going straight in the bin, can't the ******* realise I'm not going back until Roland's gone" etc

Complaints when the club contacts them, complaints when they don't...
    Although presumably you do realise that it's very unlikely to be the same people complaining that they've been sent stuff as those complaining that they haven't?

• Options
    Seems some of you still don’t get what I’m trying to say judging by certain comments. 
  • Options
    Off_it said:
    For the record, I had a season ticket for years but haven't had a peep out of the club since I gave it up. No offers, etc, to try to coax me back. Compare that to Swag jewellers, amongst others, where I once bought my missus a watch 5 years ago and still get stuff through from them all the time. 

Not a complaint. Just stating facts.

If you run a business and have lapsed customers then they are generally the low hanging fruit when it comes to trying to get people to buy again. But that's a normal business, that's properly run with a proper management structure, etc. 
    Thanks @Off_it for appearing to agree with me. 
  • Options
    I think about 12/18 months ago you had to opt back in to marketing. If you didn't, and then haven't bought anything since (where you have to tick or untick, can't remember which) they can't contact you.

On the season ticket thread lots were complaining they were being contacted :wink:
  • Options
    Off_it said:
    For the record, I had a season ticket for years but haven't had a peep out of the club since I gave it up. No offers, etc, to try to coax me back. Compare that to Swag jewellers, amongst others, where I once bought my missus a watch 5 years ago and still get stuff through from them all the time. 

Not a complaint. Just stating facts.

If you run a business and have lapsed customers then they are generally the low hanging fruit when it comes to trying to get people to buy again. But that's a normal business, that's properly run with a proper management structure, etc. 
    Bensons for Beds still write to the fella i bought my house of 11 years ago once every year.  Any sensible business would keep in touch with ex clients subject to GDPR
  • Options
    edited May 2019
    Rob7Lee said:
    I think about 12/18 months ago you had to opt back in to marketing. If you didn't, and then haven't bought anything since (where you have to tick or untick, can't remember which) they can't contact you.

On the season ticket thread lots were complaining they were being contacted :wink:
    I emailed them and asked under GDPR for them to delete my details a couple of years ago when i was fully fed up with the old goat and i still get emails and letters so i doubt that opting back in is relevant as it seems our club ignored that legislation!
  • Options
    I’m pretty sure I got stuff sent about “missing you” to one of my sons who doesn’t have a season ticket ... 
    i just bin all the guff they send through 
  • Options
    @ParkinsonOut, l  gave up my season ticket two years ago, like many because I didn't want Duchatelet to have my money up front.
    I still go to home matches because I don't believe in boycotting because there are so many football tourists and better to show your a vibrant club than a poorly supported club that isn't worth buying.

Surprised that many are buying into if I'm a customer they should want me back !
    Didn't realize we are a Gas company.

• Options
    Didn't realize we are a Gas company.
    If we were, we might have got a discount on a boiler.