Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Taylor’s offside goal

Can anyone do the clever screenshot with a pen line drawn on thing ago show us if he was actually offside at the end of the match? Seemed onside to me. Not that it matters now, but will make me feel even happier at eventually winning!

Comments

• Options
    Marshall was radioed and told it was on.......he told Jacko and Bowyer and shortly after Jacko got a yellow card for his rant at the fourth official
  • Options
    It took a deflection off Parker though by which time Taylor was off.
  • Options
    I recorded the game will get a screenshot 
  • Options
    It looked tight in the ground but I was in the wrong place to judge. 
  • Options
    It was off on sky
  • Options
    Uboat said:
    I was in the worst possible place to judge, at the back of the upper north, but fortunately everyone behind me had a perfect view and insisted it was onside.
    And that the lino was a blind **** etc!
  • Options
    Prior to the pens starting one of the linos was ticking off the sky camera man as they all walked over to get ready.
  • Options
    1 angle On side
    1 angle Off side

Verdict - Deffo Offside
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Was offside apparently
  • Options
    Referee was shocking at times last night as was the East Stand lino

Latter missed a blatant push on Pratley who went down covering the ball (Foul given for obstruction of the ball rather than the push)

The worst one though was the foul from the Charlton player, referee put his arms out to give the advantage the Doncaster player stopped, put his hand on the ball and then took a free kick; Referee hadnt blown for a free-kick which of course meant it should have been a handball offence with Charlton given the free-kick surely... Nope, gave Doncaster the free-kick!!
    That was bazaar, I was left wondering who was referring the game, you play to the whistle normally.
  • Options
    I felt at times as though Ward was trying to make up for the soft penalty he gave us against Luton!!
  • Options
    A few decision went our way as well.

How the ref didnt spot Taylor almost ripping a doncaster players shirt off in the area was weird.

Think all in all the ref was very poor last night
    Was that when he was having the tussle with Wilks in the second half?

Looked to me as though they both had hands on each other
  • Options
    I think donnie could have had 2 pens last night, the one where Nabby pushes Marquis into the goal a blatant pen for me. 
  • Options
    A few decision went our way as well.

How the ref didnt spot Taylor almost ripping a doncaster players shirt off in the area was weird.

Think all in all the ref was very poor last night
    That's true, I saw that. He was useless. We were poor and maybe the atmosphere got to him too. Laughable that a few may seek to defend him though.
  • Options
    I think donnie could have had 2 pens last night, the one where Nabby pushes Marquis into the goal a blatant pen for me. 
    Very funny though (now we are through).
  • Options
    Just seen the Marquis handball in front of North stand in extra time

Stone Wall penalty as well. 

Ref - shocker
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    It was off, the handball off Marquis not given was outrageous though it's about as clear handball can be. Ball would have dropped to Williams 8 yards out for a shot if it doesn't deflect off him.
  • Options

Latter missed a blatant push on Pratley who went down covering the ball (Foul given for obstruction of the ball rather than the push)

The worst one though was the foul from the Charlton player, referee put his arms out to give the advantage the Doncaster player stopped, put his hand on the ball and then took a free kick; Referee hadnt blown for a free-kick which of course meant it should have been a handball offence with Charlton given the free-kick surely... Nope, gave Doncaster the free-kick!!
    I was fuming but thought ok he hasn’t got an advantage there so the ref pulled the play back .

pratley went down far too easily looking for that 
  • Options
    There was also one in the first half where I think Cullen shot and from the JS it looked like the Donny defender had his arms outstretched as he blocked it. Couldn’t tell from the back of the JS whether hand ball or not. Anyone else see this more clearly? 

There was was also an obvious push on Taylor that was missed. Albeit he does have a habit of going down easily but a two handed shove in the back is a foul is it not?

Ref did also miss what looked a stonewall one for Donny in first half. One of our players think maybe Beilik sliding in and looked like the attacker knocked the ball past him. 

All in all. Shocking officiating performance all round. 
  • Options
    edited May 2019
    First half hit the fellas belly mate
    And the Bielik one he got the ball first, just. 

Thought exact same as you last night but have watched the game twice today. 
  • Options
    1StevieG said:
    It took a deflection off Parker though by which time Taylor was off.
    This, we had a good replay on ESPN and he was juuuuuuuust off. But very very close. 
  • Options
    First half hit the fellas belly mate
    And the Bielik one he got the ball first, just. 

Thought exact same as you last night but have watched the game twice today. 
    Yeah +1 to both of these. It hits his side like just below his arm. Definitely looked like a handball but it was the correct decision. 

The two clearest pens on the night where Taylor grabbing I think it was Butler's shirt, follow by Marquis' handball, which admittedly would have been harsh. But the Taylor one was nailed on for me. 
  • Options
    Was it actually a deflection off parker as i thought he missed it?
  • Options
    andyg90 said:
    There was also one in the first half where I think Cullen shot and from the JS it looked like the Donny defender had his arms outstretched as he blocked it. Couldn’t tell from the back of the JS whether hand ball or not. Anyone else see this more clearly? 
    Wasn't a penalty. Was near arm, but hit his torso. 
  • Options

I was fuming but thought ok he hasn’t got an advantage there so the ref pulled the play back .

pratley went down far too easily looking for that 
    But it was the player who decided he didnt have an advantage so put his hand on the ball... thats surely the refs decision to make when he blows the whistle and so stops play
  • Options
    Watching the game again they had a good shout for a penalty that I forgot about. Think it was the first half of ET and Cullen sticks a leg out in the box and Rowe goes down. Could easily have been given.