Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The Championship this weekend

edited October 2006 in General Charlton
49 goals, average 41/2 per game - most games had 5 or 6 goals!

PS Bothroyd scored again for Wolves and hit the post.

Comments

• Options
    WSSWSS
    edited October 2006
    and hit the post

did he fall asleep again?
  • Options
    [cite] WestStandSinger:[/cite]<code>and hit the post</code>

did he fall asleep again?

ha ha nice one wws
  • Options
    I went to Southend v Coventry on Friday night.

Cracking game even though I missed two of the goals either side of half time (was in the bar)

Now I have seen him at Championship level there is absolutely no doubt in my mind that Freddie Eastwood isnt going to be in the prem within 18 months.

He was superb, dropping deep, pulling the defence all over the place and scoring two goals. Very similiar to Henry.

If we do sell Marcus Bent in January, we should go for him, otherwise he'll end up at P***ce.
  • Options
    edited October 2006
    Nah, I was more of a Liam Brady type of player :-)

And make your mind up. He'll be in the Premiership or he'll go to Palace. Can't be both!!!
  • Options
    edited October 2006
    [cite] Southendaddick:[/cite]there is absolutely no doubt in my mind that Freddie Eastwood isnt going to be in the prem within 18 months.

So you know he won't be in the Prem, but you want us to sign him ?!?!?!
  • Options
    Southend mate is very despondant, says their defence is a joke and thinks they are doomed already.
  • Options
    [cite] Southendaddick:[/cite]
    Now I have seen him at Championship level there is absolutely no doubt in my mind that Freddie Eastwood isnt going to be in the prem within 18 months.

If we do sell Marcus Bent in January, we should go for him, otherwise he'll end up at P***ce.

The News of the Screws yesterday had him as a target for Palace because Peter Taylor has apparently fallen out with Clinton Morrison.
  • Options
    What I meant is that he should be in the Prem within 18 months but Palace are sniffing about now so I hope us or another club snap him up before they do.

And yes AFKA, the Southend defence other than Barrett are shocking. Spencer Prior was slower than a hungover Phil Chapple.