Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Flying in from Overseas

Comments

• Don't know why I'm reading this thread...

Rub it in you bastards...

Me too mate... :'(;)
    Ditto  :/
  • el-pietro said:
    In my experience he should have no issue if the flight is on time, but I fly in from Ireland and we don't get checked at customs, so no delay there.
    Good job B****t hasn’t happened. 
    Careful, or you'll get banished to the House of Commoners and get treated to a long detailed explanation of the various alternative arrangements that may or may not be a viable option if it does.
  • Anyone who’s bought tickets from overseas received any kind of confirmation that your tickets will be forwarded to Wembley for collection on the day?
  • Flying home tomorrow, buzzing for Wembley now!
  • My neighbour is flying in on Ryanair Sunday morning to Stansted. Lands 07.40. Do you think he can make the 08.15 train into London? 
    Unlikely. 10m taxi to stand, 5m wait to get off plane, 10m walk to passport control, 3hr wait in passport queue. 
  • Flying in from Barcelona Sun morning. Don’t live there but am leaving a stag do early. Should land at Gatwick at 8.30am straight from a night out in Barca. Wife will pick me up, get me home to Maidstone, quick shower and jump on the train to London.

Ridiclioudly the flight back is £30! The train from Maidstone to London will probably be more.

B/H Monday will be a complete write of regardless.

Fortunately the trains are running from Maidstone too! No planned works. 
  • Anyone who’s bought tickets from overseas received any kind of confirmation that your tickets will be forwarded to Wembley for collection on the day?

I contacted them myself and were told the tickets would be posted today and if they didn't arrive in time, (which they won't), I should contact them again and they will arrange duplicates.
  • My neighbour is flying in on Ryanair Sunday morning to Stansted. Lands 07.40. Do you think he can make the 08.15 train into London? 
    He would save a little time, and money, by buying the train tickets online. 
    Great tip, cheers
    The CAFC site said all tickets bought living abroad will be for collection at Wembley. 
  • Sponsored links:

• For those people travelling from/ to Heathrow this weekend note the following information

Tube

A Saturday service will run on Bank Holiday Monday.

There will be changes to District and Piccadilly line services, including travel to and from Heathrow Airport  between Saturday 25 and Bank Holiday Monday 27 May while we renew track and drainage:

• clive said:
    For those people travelling from/ to Heathrow this weekend note the following information

Tube

There will be changes to District and Piccadilly line services, including travel to and from Heathrow Airport  between Saturday 25 and Bank Holiday Monday 27 May while we renew track and drainage:

Good man. Heathrow Express then. I usually use it anyway, but its ridiculously expensive. In any other city it would be part of the integrated system. 

It's also very confusing about getting from Stansted to Victoria as the Tfl app says the train calls at Seven Sisters while the Stansted webpage and Greater Anglia timetable says they call instead at Tottenham Hale. Of course for us Londoners we know it doesn't matter as both connect to the Victoria line, but I have to prep an incoming Czech visitor who got up at 04.00 to catch his flight. 

The CAFC site said all tickets bought living abroad will be for collection at Wembley. 
    That is of course ‘not the case’ for people who have purchased a hospitality package directly from Wembley.

Posted for the sake of clarity. 

Not unless you ask them to duplicate your tickets, apparently. My will be posted today, meaning I won't have them tommorrow before I travel.
  • clive said:
    For those people travelling from/ to Heathrow this weekend note the following information

Tube

Good man. Heathrow Express then. I usually use it anyway, but its ridiculously expensive. In any other city it would be part of the integrated system. 

It's also very confusing about getting from Stansted to Victoria as the Tfl app says the train calls at Seven Sisters while the Stansted webpage and Greater Anglia timetable says they call instead at Tottenham Hale. Of course for us Londoners we know it doesn't matter as both connect to the Victoria line, but I have to prep an incoming Czech visitor who got up at 04.00 to catch his flight. 

Prague, for future reference, you can  get the basic TFL rail service from Heathrow rather than the Heathrow Express. They take about 10 minutes longer and only go once every half hour rather than once every 15 minutes, but are only about a tenner for a single. They also have the advantage that they're a stopping service, so if you were heading to somewhere on the Central Line, you have a nice easy interchange to the start of the line at Ealing Broadway.
  • edited May 2019
    clive said:

Tube

I agree about the Heathrow Express cost. You can do pretty much the same journey though, from the T2/3 station, on the standard rail service. It takes about 15 minutes longer (stops at Southall, West Ealing etc) but only costs a tenner for a single. 

(Edit: Just seen the above post)
    Yeah I had read that so I know that’s supposed to be the procedure. My trip is costing me the thick end of a grand though and it a little bit nerve racking thinking about getting on the plane without an actual ticket and trusting it will be waiting at Wembley. 
    Yeah I had read that so I know that’s supposed to be the procedure. My trip is costing me the thick end of a grand though and it a little bit nerve racking thinking about getting on the plane without an actual ticket and trusting it will be waiting at Wembley. 
    Oh the excitement of the adventurous. Fingers crossed it will go as planned. Remember it’s only money. Have a jolly good weekend. 🙂
  • Fares & information regarding the TFL Heathrow connect service.

TfL Rail from Heathrow to Paddington (Heathrow Connect train)

If you buy tickets at Heathow airport, TfL Rail is cheaper than the Heathrow Express.

The train stops at Hayes, Southall, Hanwell, West Ealing & Ealing Broadway and Paddington station (in central London).

Ticket cost from Heathrow to London Paddington

Adult – £10.50 single. If you use an Oyster or contactless card.(£10.10 off-peak or £10.50 peak (Monday-Friday 04.30am-9.30am). Plus, if you continue to use your cards to pay for travel until 04.30am the following morning, the maximum deducted from your card is £12.80.
    Child (5-15) – Children under 11 travel for free if accompanied by an adult. Children aged 11-15 – £5.25 single

Journey time & timetable

• Heathrow Terminals 2 & 3 train station to Paddington – 27 minutes
    • Heathrow Terminal 4 train station to Paddington – 32 minutes
    • Heathrow Terminal 5 – approximately 45 minutes

TfL Rail timetable (pdf)

• edited May 2019
    Just received this email from the club:

What To Do If Your Tickets Don't Arrive!

With our day at Wembley within touching distance, we want to make sure the big day goes as smoothly as possible for you!

If you do not receive your tickets in the post on Friday morning, please call 03432 081 496 and advise one of our ticket office staff of this. Make sure you have your transaction number/FAN ID to hand, as you will be asked to confirm your identity.

You will then be asked if you would prefer to receive an email with print-at-home tickets attached or pick up a physical ticket from the ticket office at Wembley. Fans have up until 2pm this Friday to let us know that their tickets have not arrived.

If you have already received your tickets, please make sure you bring them on the day! We will not be able to provide duplicate tickets to any individuals who have not previously contacted us by Friday 2pm.

Bit of an awkward time window for me on Friday as the ticket office is open I think 2 am to 6 am local time here, so looks like I'll be setting an early alarm!

• Sponsored links:

• Just received this email from the club:

With our day at Wembley within touching distance, we want to make sure the big day goes as smoothly as possible for you!

If you do not receive your tickets in the post on Friday morning, please call 03432 081 496 and advise one of our ticket office staff of this. Make sure you have your transaction number/FAN ID to hand, as you will be asked to confirm your identity.

You will then be asked if you would prefer to receive an email with print-at-home tickets attached or pick up a physical ticket from the ticket office at Wembley. Fans have up until 2pm this Friday to let us know that their tickets have not arrived.

If you have already received your tickets, please make sure you bring them on the day! We will not be able to provide duplicate tickets to any individuals who have not previously contacted us by Friday 2pm.

Bit of an awkward time window for me on Friday as the ticket office is open I think 2 am to 6 am local time here, so looks like I'll be setting an early alarm!

If you have nobody over here who can do it for you i dont mind calling up on your behalf? Only need your fan ID and what u want doing with your tickets.
  • My ticket hasn’t arrived and I’m leaving for London first thing tomorrow. Been on the phone using the number shown above and after a 45 minute hold was told to email tickets@cafc.co.uk to explain and ask for a duplicate ticket for collection at Wembley. I’ve done that and received a reply saying that my mail would receive a response within 48 hours. I have the fear :-(

If you have nobody over here who can do it for you i dont mind calling up on your behalf? Only need your fan ID and what u want doing with your tickets.
    That's a very kind offer, thank you. I'm a bit of a control freak about these things though, so I'd prefer to make the call myself. I won't be getting much sleep in the coming days anyway, so losing a couple more hours won't make much difference!
  • No problem. My cousin and partner are flying in from the States for the game and may have the same issue so i might be doing it for them on Friday anyway.

Sorry Exiled, but surely this does not apply to you ?
    Your tickets are not being posted.
    They are to be collected at Wembley.
  • aliwibble said:
    clive said:

Tube

Prague, for future reference, you can  get the basic TFL rail service from Heathrow rather than the Heathrow Express. They take about 10 minutes longer and only go once every half hour rather than once every 15 minutes, but are only about a tenner for a single. They also have the advantage that they're a stopping service, so if you were heading to somewhere on the Central Line, you have a nice easy interchange to the start of the line at Ealing Broadway.
    Hi mate, I know about that service but the trouble is I head to Eltham so need to get into Paddington as fast as possible. 
  • edited May 2019
    Just received this email from the club:

Okay, so here is why I'm skeptical.

1) When I checked my profile on Friday, it still had my UK address on it. I updated it, but the website did this weird thing where it merged my address - e.g it said Kidderminster, Edmonton, Worcestershire, Canada, UK.

2) I did manage to buy over the phone and update my address properly (now shows correctly on my profile) but I asked the guy about the arrangements for pickup but he had no idea how I would get my tickets. I pointed out the website article said they would be sent to Wembley for collection and he said he'd have to ask a manager. When he came back he said the procedure was he would "inform the club" I'd bought a ticket from overseas, and the club would email me to confirm the tickets would be made available for pickup at Wembley - not exactly what was said on the website.

3) That was on Monday and I still haven't received that pickup confirmation email (I do have ticket confirmation). Did he inform the club like he said? Is the email ever going to arrive, or was hi manager wrong about that part of the procedure? Then today the blanket email arrives stating we need to contact the club on Friday if postal tickets haven't arrived. That email doesn't state either way if that applies to tickets bought overseas.

So yes, you are right, the website originally said pickup at Wembley for overseas fans. But I have since received instructions that have made the situation less clear. I would hope if I show up at Wembley with all the proof of i.d., purchase, addresss, and a link to the website giving me instructions to pickup from Wembley then someone in the ticket office there would get me into the ground one way or another... but... I'm making a bloody long and expensive trip to this match and it just doesn't sit comfortably just crossing my fingers and showing up at Wembley not being sure if the ticket will be there or not.

Well, I'm Swedish and I was told yesterday that my tickets would be posted today and that I have to let them know Thursday morning if they haven't arrived by then.
    Very strange that the club says all tickets for those outside the UK will be collected at Wembley and then still posts them.
  • edited May 2019

Exiled & RSS, now you have explained your concerns.

If I were you I would e mail the club asap. Link below.

"Issues with purchasing tickets

If you encounter any issues in accessing your account with Charlton Athletic online, please phone our call centre on 03432 081 496. Alternatively, you can email our ticket office at tickets@cafc.co.uk for assistance. Please note that both of these avenues are likely to be extremely busy so please be patient in waiting for a response. We hope to

respond to all emails within 48 hours, however due to the large volumes of emails expected this may take a little longer.  

Supporter ID numbers can be found on both season tickets and matchday tickets, as well as any email confirmation from previous purchases with the club. Please check these areas before calling as it will save you time when purchasing/querying. "

• Dubai.  38 degree heat.  Watched the second leg from Cannes. 

Absolutely gutted but convinced it IS our year