Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton v Doncaster semi-final leg 2 post-match views

Comments

• Options
    Absolutely done in. What a night.
  • Options
    Superb, great to see, good luck at Wembley, if anyone has spare......
  • Options
    bonkers night
  • Options
    Yeah most of their fans were superb except the 4 nobends at the front of block C who spent the entire first half gobbing at Dillon

Utter scum, I could see the phlegm from two blocks away as could all the separation stewards but nothing. 

Being a tiresome old man now I reported it to two other @cafcofficial stewards who did the sum of jack shit about it. 

Luckily we were poor second half so no other targets for them in the goal mouth but took a bit of the edge of the rest of a bonkers evening for me. 

Que sera, sera...
  • Options
    Wilks was superb for them. Delighted when he went off!!
  • Options
    Greenie said:
    Not been for two years, blagged a ticket, they missed that pen and within seconds I found myself on the pitch.....we didn’t play very well for parts of the game but I loved it just loved it....last time I celebrated on the pitch was 1974 when we beat Preston to get back to the second tier.....I wonder, I just wonder...
    That was my first season. I was there for Preston. Felt unreal, and so does tonight.
  • Options
    Were any of the three penalty shouts valid ?
    You'd not complain if either hand ball were given.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited May 2019
    We’re on our way to Wembley
    My legs have gone all trembley
    La la la la.......La la la la.
  • Options
    Simply wow, i'm physically and mentally exhausted so god knows how the players will feel in morning. Cullen has one hell of an engine.

I really though it was only going to go one way when they scored to take it to extra time.

I was saying at half time we should go to a back 5 as we were getting over run so was pleased when we did and Pratley was needed, thought he was MOM 2nd half onwards.

Felt sorry for Naby as it wasn't a bad penalty, was all set up for him this season to be the hero, but thankfully it didn't matter.

COYA's - Wembley here we come.

• Options
    Just got home. No words yet. Too drained.
  • Options
    All those fans on the pitch on the pitch and Parker hadn’t scored...can’t have been a proper charlton fan among them...makes a mockery of the chant...
  • Options
    We were pants. 
    But. 
    Feck it. 
    C’mon you reds xxxx
  • Options
    Job done and we’ve now practiced extra time & pens unlike Sunderland 👍
  • Options
    Insta stories from the changing rooms are class. “Shake it up baby now. Twist and shout”
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    We were second to the ball on most occasions, and never played the simple pass, which directly lead to there goal in extra time. The players were very nervous and it showed.
  • Options
    Djikstel may become a player, Joe Aribo looked like he was more interested in potential suitors.. Or is that unfair? Taylor new talisman...
  • Options
    Have never experienced emotion like that  at football not even 1998.  Amazing to go on the pitch for the first time since 1982 and after the Bolton 4-1 game.  Respect to Doncaster-they were the best team to play at the Valley all year and deserved their win,  Allex Allez Allez...I'm totally emotionally drained and knackered but isn't football wonderful on nights like this.  On the pitch with all my family on a night we  will never forget.
  • Options
    Why oh why Bowyer has changed it to this silly three at the back: yes I get it, he wanted to nullify their wingers. But it did not work second half last Sunday or tonight. Left Taylor on his tod and invited constant pressure. 

Second half you could see it clear as day. 

Anyway over the moon and thank fck we are there. Let’s hope that’s our bad performance out the way.

well done the boys. Very well done 
  • Options
    robroy said:
    Why oh why Bowyer has changed it to this silly three at the back: yes I get it, he wanted to nullify their wingers. But it did not work second half last Sunday or tonight. Left Taylor on his tod and invited constant pressure. 

Second half you could see it clear as day. 

Anyway over the moon and thank fck we are there. Let’s hope that’s our bad performance out the way.

well done the boys. Very well done 
    New team next week, new tactics.
  • Options
    A night of high drama and a triumphant outcome - but we were PONY after the first 10 minutes.  Defensive, edgy, error-strewn.  Deep into added time, Marquis was an inch from converting a cross two yards out.  Our first defeat at home for more than seven months.

Taylor was dangerous as usual with low, drilled crosses to the six-yard box.  But if we don't play more positively and more accurately at Wembley, Sunderland will murder us.

As is often the case, our players' marks are wildly over-rated.  We played badly, and lost!  
    We won, hence being in the final. How we got there is irrelevant.