Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Charlton v Doncaster semi-final leg 2 post-match views

Comments

• Doncaster went 3-1 and they messed it up. Never seen that before. Que Sera Sera
  • Leuth said:
    Pratley did okay and yeah he scored, but bringing him on was the defensive change that really invited them onto us. We completely lost all attacking impetus. We will not get away with it again. Bowyer has worked marvels but this tendency to retreat when winning is so unfortunate and he needs to grow out of it right now.
    We got attacked from about 5mins in. Second  half they did not get in as much since he come on but my opinion 
    It's not about how many attacks they had (and they had plenty) but it's about whether we were likely to be the next team to score, which we absolutely were not
  • Doncaster very unlucky....
  • Marquis handball but ref was dog shit all night.
  • Bielik our best player for me BUT Williams was the man that got us through that. In such a short space of time, what a performance  
  • Doncaster very unlucky....
    Because they came up against a team that could score more penalties than them ?
  • We were shit but who gives a fcuk, we’re Charlton Athletic and we’re going up ... Scenes. Thought we were poor tonight. Donny sussed us out. We wont play that badly again this season. Absolutely made up for Lee Bowyer and his team. Brilliant lads ... K Sarah Sarah, wotever will be, will be. We’re going to Wemberlee, K Sarah Sarah 
  • Unbelievable game!!...stress levels at an all time high

make no mistake we were shit tonight and should’ve lost, from the moment they equalised we melted....gonna need to be stronger next week.

lyle barely touched the ball tonight 

for now though let’s just enjoy it!!
  • Sponsored links:

• We were crap but who cares. Unreal 
  • Pratley and Williams our best players off the bench
  • Well done Chris Solly stepping up to take the first pen and calmly putting it away. 
    Yes. still the spiritual captain, calming everyone down.  What a man.
  • We were awful mostly. But wemberleeeeeee
  • I am a hollow husk of a man. A delirious, delighted, hollow husk of a man. 

This fucking club. Puts you through the ringer even when they’re doing well. 
  • Well that was painful. Can't stop smiling now. It's a fine isn't it. One more big push Charlton.
  • The game was Saturday morning here in Wellington and I had to get my boys to their morning football between extra time and penalties. Among 100s of footballers and families I had to try and avoid any conversations until the replay coverage went live. Had to also somehow avoid texts Of commiserations or congratulations. Managed both was convinced Nabby was going to cement his folk hero status. Didn’t. But next minute I was peeling my way in and out of the mums and dads screamin like a banshee . My nerves shot to pieces . Footbal, eh?
  • Sponsored links:

• The pitch invasion was spectacular and there was a LOT of pent-up frustration and emotion that went into it, but I do object to it, on the grounds that we're not up yet - enjoy the moment I suppose! But I'm already worrying about the final...
  • Doncaster the better side on the night and it didn’t work for us tonight Taylor and Aribo not at their best but bielik and pratley made a big impact. I feel like I have just stopped a car I am driving going off a cliff
  • The tension, I can barely move my neck... hoarse as hell, exhausted, what a game
  • Ambulance please. Thanks.
  • My voice is all but gone, I’ve the mother of all headaches and I couldn’t be happier!