Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Jeremy Kyle Show cancelled

Comments

• Options
    Last year when I was at conference in Manchester, in the hotel we were staying, we met a load of them that were appearing on the show the next day, they were mostly of the chav type but they were encouraged by the crew to get slaughtered so they could get fighty when on the show.

No idea what happened as they weren't staying the following night.
  • Options
    Never watched it and thankfully I will never be in a position to see it now. It’s strange how it has taken a death for ITV to realise the what this type of tv can do to people who appear on it for the entertainment of others.
    In Victorian times you pay a couple of pennies and watch lunatics fight each other ITV  is no different to the people who run asylums.

• Options
    edited May 2019
    I have to admit, I used to enjoy the auditions for the X factor and Britains got talent. It took an extremely poor, well past the point of ridiculous, act to highlight something was not right. I suppose I didn't give it much thought. It was brain dead tv. I recall a work colleague who auditioned and didn't get through giving us a rendition of what she sang. She was brilliant. Like an idiot I asked her what Simon said to her. She looked at me with incredulity at how stupid I was. "I didn't get through to see panel".

But what about that pensioner with no teeth who couldn't talk, let alone sing? Oh..... then I belatedly applied some thought to it all and felt like the fool I was. He was the poor deluded guy who was mentally ill and didn't realise he was crap. He was put there for us to laugh at and ridicule with our mates and feel all superior about. And of course for everybody who knew him to do the same. Maybe they are still doing it! These people like Cowell and Kyle are scum, and they try to portray themselves as something else but it is all a manipulation. They are nasty people who like to demonise the less fortunate to put pennies in their pockets. Of course the X factor has changed, but we shouldn't forget the person behind it who has never apologised for his past behaviour. 

Kyle has been caught out, but it has taken a tragedy for it to happen. I saw on the news today another victim of his who tried to take his own life and is still hounded due to the show.  Piers Morgan would probably call me a snowflake! I'd like the opportunity to show that git what a snowflake I can be. 
  • Options
    Gutted by this news tbh. I only watched it to confirm that my life wasn’t so bad after all and that my teeth are ok.
  • Options
    Carter said:
    This fucks me off, for years we have acknowledged he is shooting off the poorest fish in the smallest barrel. In the exact same way Simon Cowell drags the obviously mentally unwell out in front of a gaggling British public, its absolute lowest common denominator TV and designed to make arseholes sat in front of it self righteous and how it has survived as long as it has in the current age of mental health and social awareness doesn't shock me but the hypocrisy was never lost on me. Piers Morgan is just as bad. 

The only way is Essex does the same thing as well, Dare to have an opinion or emotional intelligence about this sort of shit and you are a facist. 

I and millions of others always knew what this shit was but it takes something as tragic as a suicide where I assume the poor sod who took his or her own life has actually named appearing on that shower of shit as the reason for the soul sucking vermin that run these channels to do something about it.

It's the opposite of Danny Baker, an intelligent, piss taker of a man who was utterly and completely inclusive, so the BBC or some nepotised sperm that should have ended up on a toilet seat ended up sacking him for something he didnt actually do, yet with the race for ratings and advertisement revenue ITV just let this cack run and run, and they will continue to do so with the other bollocks as well until some unprepared person finds the intensity of the world of social media pulling them apart and takes their own life too. 

Glad I ain't the only one who thought this re' Britain's Got Talent. Between the people who are obviously not the full shilling and the obvious stooges stuck in, there can't be many genuine acts left on the show
  • Options
    I used to live six doors from him and never saw him once in 13 years. His ex was quite tasty though, often out for a run or cycle.
  • Options
    That dog who read minds on it recently, Finn. He is a bloody hero who nearly died saving his owner. The law changed recently to make assaults on dogs like Finn a more serious offence. It was known as Finn's law. The show got hold of that and constructed a tacky magic show act around it. The dog doesn't need magic, Finn is a hero and it is as simple as that. A lot of the foreign acts they spot and bring in. Simon knows who they are and has paid for them to be there! Fair enough, but be honest about it! Don't patronise the viewer.
  • Options
    About time.  A man with no sense of decency berating others for their lack of decency.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited May 2019
    loved watching it when I have my rare work from home days, thought it was a comedy
  • Options
    edited May 2019
    loved watching it when I have my rare work from home days, thought it was a comedy
    When you say "work from home" do you mean "take a day off work"?
  • Options
    Has Kyle himself made any public comment?
  • Options
    edited May 2019
    He's backstage with Graham 
  • Options
    .....is this Graham charactor the same bloke who used to sumerise the Blind Date contestants?
  • Options
    Probably that his thoughts are with the family at this difficult time.

• Options
    I thought  the lie detector was only roughly 80% accurate
    Not even that accurate. Its utter bullshit - no more accurate than phrenology
  • Options
    Now calls to stop the apprentice aswell as it glorifies bullying and money chasing - where do you draw the line? Should we stop football matches because there may be a loser. 

As Much as everyone is slagging the program off by people they are the same people that call these benefit scrounges a waste of space ( not saying that all jk guests are ponces ) but many seem fit to work but choose not to.

the guy took his life because he cheated on his mrs - yes the jk show gave him a platform to be found out, but if he had cheated he knew he would be found out when going on the show. 
  • Options
    That dog who read minds on it recently, Finn. He is a bloody hero who nearly died saving his owner. The law changed recently to make assaults on dogs like Finn a more serious offence. It was known as Finn's law. The show got hold of that and constructed a tacky magic show act around it. The dog doesn't need magic, Finn is a hero and it is as simple as that. A lot of the foreign acts they spot and bring in. Simon knows who they are and has paid for them to be there! Fair enough, but be honest about it! Don't patronise the viewer.
    I honestly thought there had been a magic mind reading dog on the Jeremy Kyle show when I started reading this. Wasn’t til I got half way down to the foreign acts being selected then I realised 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Now calls to stop the apprentice aswell as it glorifies bullying and money chasing - where do you draw the line? Should we stop football matches because there may be a loser. 

As Much as everyone is slagging the program off by people they are the same people that call these benefit scrounges a waste of space ( not saying that all jk guests are ponces ) but many seem fit to work but choose not to.

the guy took his life because he cheated on his mrs - yes the jk show gave him a platform to be found out, but if he had cheated he knew he would be found out when going on the show. 
    What if he didn't cheat and he killed himself cos everyone thinks he did cos of that shitefest of a TV show?
    From an interview I see with an audience member, shared on Facebook, this is exactly what happened. Through the JK show and the way JK personally attacks people who fail it, people that aren't too clever (like this poor chaps Mrs), don't seem to understand that the polygraph is not very reliable at all
  • Options

What if he didn't cheat and he killed himself cos everyone thinks he did cos of that shitefest of a TV show?
    This.
  • Options

From an interview I see with an audience member, shared on Facebook, this is exactly what happened. Through the JK show and the way JK personally attacks people who fail it, people that aren't too clever (like this poor chaps Mrs), don't seem to understand that the polygraph is not very reliable at all
    The polygraph measures "agitation" on the logic that you can only be agitated because you're lying. Which is clearly bollocks.
  • Options
    Noel Edmonds was more culpable for a death on his show than Jeremy Kyle.

Noels show was back on the telly within two years. 
    What?
  • Options
    JaShea99 said:

What?

He had a section on his show where a member of the public did a bungee jump. 

Problem was - the bungee rope was attached to said member of public.... but not the jumping platform. 
  • Options
    NB - it didn’t even make the golden egg awards the next week
  • Options
    JaShea99 said:

What?

He had a section on his show where a member of the public did a bungee jump. 

Problem was - the bungee rope was attached to said member of public.... but not the jumping platform. 
    WTF... So someone did an actual bungee jump with the rope only attached to another person rather than something more secure?

Or was it a small prank to make them think that?