Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

"What could possibly go wrong now"

Comments

• Options
    Roland picks the side.
  • Options

Lyle Taylor twists his ankle by stepping in a pot hole walking from his car to the players entrance and misses the game.

Trailing 2-1 in injury time, we push Sarr upfront and in an action replay of Llera vs Swindon, he chips the keeper for a last gasp equaliser. 

22,000 Addicks miss Wembley due to stress related complaints.

Or we could all rock up at the wedding that fella on the other thread is having a bit of bother with.
  • Options
    Taylor gets sent off within the first 10 mins

Parker's hammy's go

We have no other striker on the bench

All the boycotters & hangers-on are constantly up & down, back & forth to the loo/bar/fag break that us regulars miss any meaningful action

Takes 3 hours to get home afterwards due to sheer weight of traffic

We lose  2-0.

Ah .... I can see you're feeling better now, Golfie.

We were getting quite worried about you!   :-)

• Options
    edited May 2019
    This whole thread just reminds me of the monty python what did the Romans ever do for us skit 

So apart from losing 2-0
    Bad traffic
    Lyle getting sent off
    Mrs Baeur going into labour 5 mins before kick off
    Roland buying out all the seats so we get 0 attendance in revenge for the hotel bookings
    and a pre contract deal with aribo by mancity so that he can't play 
    What could possibly go wrong

• Options
    Every game can be affected by a poor ref. And it is something nobody can control.
  • Options
    edited May 2019
    It’s going to be a comfortable home win. The tie will be over by half time when we are 4-1 up on aggregate. Stop your worrying.
  • Options
    Early red card and penalty for Donny followed by a late 2nd.

Taylor then misses a free header to take it into extra time - ref flows up as soon as it's out of play.
  • Options
    The opera singer forgets his Charlton scarf for the pre-match sing song. 
    That’s the worst that will happen. 
    Stay positive. 
  • Options
    Stay positive. 
    Please tell me there isn’t a fecking opera singer!
    Thats as bad as calling it an operation!!!!
  • Options
    edited May 2019
    Smash Donny 9-0, smash the final 4-0, but get done for financial irregularities over the summer, all RD's doing, get docked 10 points for this term and Portsmouth / Sunderland go up instead, Bowyer chins RD, Driesen tries to break it up and slips onto Bow's right foot, Bow get's the pump and RD brings in Karel Fraeye's less experienced brother, Dominic, to sort shit out 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    ...I only say Dominic because it;s my least favourite name
  • Options
    edited May 2019
    During the warm up Nicky Bailey's penalty finally returns from orbit and hits Lyle Taylor on the head killing him stone dead. The ball ricochets off Taylor straight into Joe Aribo's face who suffers a severe concussion. As Aribo falls over he pushes Josh Cullen into Patrick Bauer who both fall in a heap and tear their cruciate ligaments.
  • Options
    Stay positive. 
    Please tell me there isn’t a fecking opera singer!
    Thats as bad as calling it an operation!!!!
    It’s much worse that that. Bob Peeters, Jose Riga, Guy Luzon, Karel Fraeye, Russell Slade, Karl Robinson and Kevin Nugent are going to give a rendition of “My Way”.
  • Options
    The fear I have is an early sending off for us, thus making the game a lot tougher.
  • Options
    5 red cards in 9 EFL play-off games so far.
  • Options
    Sarr smashes a 40yrd crossfield pass straight into BFG's face which rebounds past Phillips for 2-2. 
  • Options
    CAFCTrev said:
    I think the main worry is its Charlton Athletic. 
    Bowyer has brought a steel and professionalism that I don’t think I’ve ever seen in over 40 years. You can’t argue with his win percentage and what he brings to the club is what has achieved such an outstanding record.
  • Options
    Make that 6 in 10.
  • Options
    Make that 6 in 10.
    Make that 7 in 10.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    During the warm up Nicky Bailey's penalty finally returns from orbit and hits Lyle Taylor on the head killing him stone dead. The ball ricochets off Taylor straight into Joe Aribo's face who suffers a severe concussion. As Aribo falls over he pushes Josh Cullen into Patrick Bauer who both fall in a heap and tear their cruciate ligaments.
    Oh crap. Is that your optimistic prediction?
  • Options
    After watching Leeds Vs Derby if I wasn’t shitting it enough before hand I definitely am now!
  • Options
    Leeds were dominant at the start of the second leg. There is a lesson - we have to absolutely murder Donny. If we score we need to score another and then another. At least try to! I can't see them prevailing if we have that mindset.
  • Options
    Leeds were dominant at the start of the second leg. There is a lesson - we have to absolutely murder Donny. If we score we need to score another and then another. At least try to! I can't see them prevailing if we have that mindset.
    I agree but we also need to be patient; Leeds and Derby went too gung ho for me, their players lost all sense of the responsibility of what their jobs were supposed to be
  • Options
    edited May 2019
    Yes, we need to play it like every home game. I hope the fact we are ahead isn't even mentioned in our prep.
  • Options
    CAFCTrev said:
    I think the main worry is its Charlton Athletic. 
    Bowyer has brought a steel and professionalism that I don’t think I’ve ever seen in over 40 years. You can’t argue with his win percentage and what he brings to the club is what has achieved such an outstanding record.
    I agree with Evesham....we are a different Charlton under Bowyer....

Who thought we would:

Win and play well on the tele
    Win in-front of a large away following
    Win at AFC Wimbledon
    Win at The Pikeys

We’re on our way!
  • Options
    What could go wrong? See Leeds tonight. 
  • Options
    It must hit Bielik in the bollocks en route surely?
  • Options
    We’re in the final , I’ve been saying it for ages , we will lose the final that’s the problem 
  • Options
    Many years ago (seventies) stood on terrace small corner at Sheffield Wednesday. There was about 150 of us. In the pre match warm up KILLER came over to us. Punched the air and said we are going to win this, and we are going to win it for YOU lot.  If I had online bookie in those days I would have had my house on it !  

105 minutes later we'd lost 4-1 . 

Thats ts what can go wrong ! Underneath it all we are still Charlton, and we have lots of luck. But, lots off it is bad !  If we had good luck we would have been promoted already !