Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Players to buy....

2»

Comments

• Options
    While we are in the region of utterly not going to happen why not aim high?

Sanchez.  Salah.  Silva.  And that's just the players beginning with S.
  • Options
    Sage said:
    No chance whatsoever of Wilks going anywhere, on loan from Leeds and they rate him very highly at the club. With Bielsa's coaching and Wilks improving his fitness, they have high hopes for him.

Oztumer is a very good shout. I also think we will be in the market for at least two strikers and I can really see us going after Mo Eisa, only played 22 minutes of Championship football this season for Bristol City, there is no chance he is going to be happy with that. Baffling how they didn't let us sign him. If Welbeck signs a new deal at Arsenal, and we get promoted, I think we might go after Eddie Nketiah as well.

A lot of course depends on new contracts being sorted out because we really need them sorted as soon as. Of course Bowyer, Jackson, Marshall, but also Aribo, hopefully Bauer, Forster-Caskey, Williams, Taylor on an extended deal, maybe Vetokele, and that is of course without having Cullen and Bielik back too.

Lots of work and lots of change I expect, but I hope we keep the main of the team because we have the potential of a very, very good team. 
    I didnt know Wilks was on loan. He looks a very good player - when ive seen him against us
  • Options
    The number of quality players we are going to need to replace is very scary but I do have a lot of faith in Steve Gallen and Lee Bowyer to be very good at getting in more quality. The pair have been brilliant for us and not forgetting Johnnie Jackson either.
  • Options
    edited May 2019
    Mentioned it in the play off thread but if we were able to spend I’d go after Luke O’Nien at Sunderland who just won their young player of the year award. Came to them last summer as a midfielder but has been seriously impressive at right back since they converted him.
  • Options
    I would take Josh McEachran and Moses Odubajo  on free transfers from Brentford
  • Options
    You lost me at the "buy" bit...!!
     😏☹️
  • Options
    my dream list all based on promotion and new ownership (haha)

Bowyer, Jacko and Gallen pay rises and contracts. Bowyer could guide us to the prem with the right backing no doubt in my mind.

GKs for Phillips competition:

Tomas Holy, Gillingham. He's a free agent in the summer, big lad and stood out when we played Gills

Joe Day, Newport. Purely based from last night, seemed a really solid keeper and again a free agent so shouldn't be too difficult to lure.

Defenders:

Ryan Tafazolli, Peterborough. Another top free agent at this level and maybe even above, good right foot centre back who could replace the departing Bauer

Midfielders:

Erhun Oztumer, Bolton. Little magician, with Williams future not clear with us and our other flashy player in the midfield in Aribo potentially we will need this type of player. With Bolton going into admin I can't see him wanting to stay and they will probably try and flog their high wages on the cheap.

Graham Carey, Plymouth. With Plymouth facing the drop there is no doubt he will be on the move especially being out of contract, wand of a left foot and can play on the wing or midfield.

Josh Morris, Scunthorpe. Similar to Carey, in a relegated side and out of contract will probably be a player they will struggle to keep hold of. He is a versatile left sided player and like Carey on his day can produce moments of magic.

Marcus Maddison, Peterborough. Comes across a bit of a twat but so did Taylor when he was against us and he's our Lyle now. Stats don't lie, he tops the assist chart this season with 15 (closest behind him with 10) and always seems to have a good season.

CJ Hamilton, Mansfield. Really impressed me at their place, had a good breakout season, pace to burn and a realistic signing that could improve us going forward.

Forwards: 

Tom Eaves, Gillingham. With us hypothetically signing his mate Holy and having Parker here (who I would keep btw) and us being local, for where he is located now I think we would be an attractive move for him. Great footwork for a big man and would give us an option we don't have.

Ivan Toney, Peterborough. Pissboiler. Would love him at Charlton, would be excellent up front with Taylor and he's had yet again another good season, would be my no1 target next season whichever division.

John Marquis, Doncaster. I know we are all saying he was ineffective etc but that is credit to our unreal centre backs more than him being crap. He would flourish in this side with better players around him.

as for what we have now and if all my hypothetical signings came to life, try and sign Purrington, he is more of 7.5/8 out of 10 performer for me, he looks more comfortable as he plays and he actually gets involved in the attack, could do worse than him and Page as LB options. Focus on Dijksteel being our permanent right back and moving Solly as a squad member, love Solls but Anfernee is the future and has so much potential to play in the championship and maybe beyond. You would find it hard to get 4 better centre backs than Tafazolli, Pearce, Sarr and Bauer unless you looked at the prem. Bauer is a must, if we were to get promoted and got the sale he would stay imo. Ditto Aribo, Joe seems a smart lad, he knows he is adored here and is guaranteed to start. An outstanding season in the championship would put him on every clubs radar rather than being a bit part at the likes of Arsenal. Keep JFC, Parker, Albie, Laps and maybe Reeves. All of that comes to fruition and we would be comfortably mid table championship, maybe better.

Mainly mentioned league1 players cause I know them better and with them all being out of contract would be easier to snap up.
  • Options
    You lost me at the "buy" bit...!!
     😏☹️
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Vincent Company is out of contract this summer...
  • Options
    If we don't go up there are plenty of decent L1 players available on free transfers BUT it massively depends on the existing management team staying. With Bowyer and co, players will still see us promotion candidates next season.
  • Options
    We dont pay money for players freebies only till roland goes 
  • Options
    CJ Hamilton of Mansfield looks promising, although they probably hate us for loaning them Ajose - their Mike Small!
  • Options
    Forest have released Henderson and Ward.... 
  • Options
    Rochdale released left back Joe Bunney. Beautiful left foot on him. May be worth a look. Tall lad and scores the odd goal

marcus Maddison is Mr Assists. He’s a fantastic player but Darragh McAnthony won’t let him go cheaply. Also a little bit bonkers which I know is why we didn’t proceed with him 2 years ago. Might have matured a bit now
  • Options
    edited May 2019
    Swisdom said:
    Rochdale released left back Joe Bunney. Beautiful left foot on him. May be worth a look. Tall lad and scores the odd goal

marcus Maddison is Mr Assists. He’s a fantastic player but Darragh McAnthony won’t let him go cheaply. Also a little bit bonkers which I know is why we didn’t proceed with him 2 years ago. Might have matured a bit now
    Joe Bunney section is not serious, right? He was released from Northampton, not Rochdale. One of the players I pointed out as one of the weakest links in the Rochdale side in my pre-match preview, and subsequently didn’t even get on the pitch at The Valley. He’s slow, positionally and tactically poor. He’s 26 this year and just been released from a League Two club after having a poor season in League One.

If that’s the market you think we should be shopping in, I dread to think of the standard we would be playing at. 
  • Options
    edited May 2019
    Love to get Greenwich boy Moses Odubajo as RB leaving AF to replace Beliek central.  Hull paid £3.5m four years ago

• Options
    Holy, Morris, Eaves & Oshijala would be on my list. Wages and sign on fees only as all free agents I believe 
  • Options
    Love to get Greenwich boy Moses Odubajo as RB leaving AF to replace Beliek central.  Hull paid £3.5m four years ago

Yeah but he's had endless injury problems in the last few years... Is why he's not been able to kick on with his career
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Sage said:
    Swisdom said:

Joe Bunney section is not serious, right? He was released from Northampton, not Rochdale. One of the players I pointed out as one of the weakest links in the Rochdale side in my pre-match preview, and subsequently didn’t even get on the pitch at The Valley. He’s slow, positionally and tactically poor. He’s 26 this year and just been released from a League Two club after having a poor season in League One.

If that’s the market you think we should be shopping in, I dread to think of the standard we would be playing at. 
    Northampton loaned him back to Rochdale after signing him.  He never really settled at Northampton.  His delivery was very good last time I saw him and he was popular at one point with the fans.  I believe he was converted from a winger or attacker at some point but at 25 he probably needs to get a run of games under his belt.  As I said - maybe worth a look - not definitely sign him.  In your opinion he's bobbins so that's that.

Oshijala has played well against us a couple of times in the past and looked a good athlete.  Not the tallest for a CB though
  • Options

Yeah but he's had endless injury problems in the last few years... Is why he's not been able to kick on with his career
    Apparently he's already signed a deal somewhere
    https://www.sheffieldwednesday.news/news/mark-warburton-reveals-to-journalist-that-wednesday-linked-moses-odubajo-has-already-joined-a-championship-club/
  • Options
    Vincent Company is out of contract this summer...
    We could also buy Kompany's two brothers and have all three in the side, but as they say two's company but three's a crowd.