Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

ADVICE NEEDED

Comments

• Will keep you guys in the loop...

I think I'd be six feet under if she even read any of this  :D
    imagine the mrs thinking you took relationship advice from here. so far you have been advised to shag her sister, post pictures of her sister and dump her and that is just by me!
    Like someone has already stated on here @c@cafcdave123 have you ever thought about being a counsellor or working for the Samaritans?
    Would interfere too much with his full time job of being "Dear Deirdre" in Hello and Okay Magazines!!
    i'm going to pitch that to airman brown, could have "Dear Dave" in voice of the valley!
  • We know our own wives and girlfriends and of course they will react differently, but this is how I would play it. The Wembley issue should be left until after the game on Friday. Before it, tomorrow or Thursday, tell her about New York. Don't change any dates, you don't want her to think you have bought it to go to Wembley. Tell her you bought it because you love her. Then you will have a few days at least when you can do no wrong - use that to broach the wedding subject.

It may not work, but give her a chance to let you go before you you tell her you are going. 
    And if she says you're still not going, then tell her New York is cancelled and you're going on a 5 day binge to Ibiza instead........
    ... With Karlan and Reeco. 

imagine the mrs thinking you took relationship advice from here. so far you have been advised to shag her sister, post pictures of her sister and dump her and that is just by me!
    Like someone has already stated on here @c@cafcdave123 have you ever thought about being a counsellor or working for the Samaritans?
    Would interfere too much with his full time job of being "Dear Deirdre" in Hello and Okay Magazines!!
    i'm going to pitch that to airman brown, could have "Dear Dave" in voice of the valley!
    You might get sussed out rather quick though when your answer to every dilemma is to shag the sister in law

You might get sussed out rather quick though when your answer to every dilemma is to shag the sister in law
    thats not the answer to EVERY problem, sometimes its as simple as having a "hangy wank" to take the edge off

thats not the answer to EVERY problem, sometimes its as simple as having a "hangy wank" to take the edge off
    Is that the suggestion when there is no Sister-In-Law then? ;)
  • Roll around on the floor and scream.
  • We know our own wives and girlfriends and of course they will react differently, but this is how I would play it. The Wembley issue should be left until after the game on Friday. Before it, tomorrow or Thursday, tell her about New York. Don't change any dates, you don't want her to think you have bought it to go to Wembley. Tell her you bought it because you love her. Then you will have a few days at least when you can do no wrong - use that to broach the wedding subject.

It may not work, but give her a chance to let you go before you you tell her you are going. 
    And if she says you're still not going, then tell her New York is cancelled and you're going on a 5 day binge to Ibiza instead........
    Hell fcuking yes. No Wembley, no New York and you make sure she knows exactly why New York was cancelled. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Chizz said:

What a team...and Simon Church.
  • Just caught up with this thread. FWIW I think you should go to the match. Charlton is important to you- part of your identity. If she doesn’t get that now then later on down the line she’ll want you to miss games for shopping etc. 
  • Quick question. Have you showed her any of the comments on here?
  • Think your username @CharltonLad88 says it all, go to the footie ;)
  • Sponsored links:

• I’m also wondering why she’s insisting you go to the wedding. You say you’ve been together for a couple of years but I’m guessing you’re not married? She might be dragging you along to the wedding in the hope you’ll get the idea. If you are thinking of getting married then tell her you’re going to the match and then pop the question seconds later. 
  • Macronate said:

I've just spoken to one of the first team squad and they've been monitoring this story closely. Some have been arriving at training visibly shaken and some have turned up with tears in their eyes. A few have even turned to @cafcdave123 for counselling.

So what I will say is, if we lose this game it will all be on you and your missus @CharltonLad88

If we do have this bridge to cross so to speak.

I think the official CAFC should get Lyle Taylor to do a small video on Twitter imploring to this fellas other half that he really needs to be there, a call to arms (and legs) so to speak.
  • Redhenry said:
    Think your username @CharltonLad88 says it all, go to the footie ;)
    If he does indeed go to the wedding, his punishment should be to change his username to @WeddingLad88
    Very good. 
  • Macronate said:

I've just spoken to one of the first team squad and they've been monitoring this story closely. Some have been arriving at training visibly shaken and some have turned up with tears in their eyes. A few have even turned to @cafcdave123 for counselling.

So what I will say is, if we lose this game it will all be on you and your missus @CharltonLad88

I think the official CAFC should get Lyle Taylor to do a small video on Twitter imploring to this fellas other half that he really needs to be there, a call to arms (and legs) so to speak.
    I'LL DO IT
  • Macronate said:

I'LL DO IT
    Bet @CharltonLad88 looks a bit like Richard Keogh at the moment...

• MrOneLung said:
    Family wedding - you must go.

Wedding of a friend - should get a pass for the final.
    this