Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

ADVICE NEEDED

Comments

• Options
    edited May 2019
    It's a tough one, my Dad gave me this advice with a relationship,'start as you mean to go on son' and as football, playing or watching was my main love, I did. Fortunately for me my other half with whom I've been an item for the last 49 years was happy to accept me as I was and has never stopped me from enjoying my sport. I suppose I'm one of the lucky ones but you need to decide if she's a keeper and likely to be your soulmate or is this the thin end of the wedge? Is your love for her greater than that for Charlton? Will Charlton still be in existence in ten years time and will you look back and think 'I should have married that girl' ?

It really is a tough one mate but only you know deep, deep down in your heart what the right call is. Good Luck and may all your troubles be little ones 😉.
  • Options
    Well I've got a top tip people.

When coming in drunk from football and your Mrs has got the raging hump with you and says something about 'priorities', dont ever say '...well I have been married to <insert football club here> for x number of years you know' with a smug pleased look on your face, trying to claim the moral high ground when you're in no fit state to do the night feeds for your month old baby.

And I came home in such a good mood after Spurs won in the semi-final...

Surely, the first rule of booking a wedding is check the sporting calendar and make sure it doesn't clash with any major sporting event?  What is wrong with some people?!
  • Options
    Well I'm boycotting so I can take them both.

*please send pictures
  • Options
    RedChaser said:
    It's a tough one, my Dad gave me this advice with a relationship,'start as you mean to go on son' and as football, playing or watching was my main love, I did. Fortunately for me my other half with whom I've been an item for the last 49 years was happy to accept me as I was and has never stopped me from enjoying my sport. I suppose I'm one of the lucky ones but you need to decide if she's a keeper and likely to be your sole mate or is this the thin end of the wedge? Is your love for her greater than that for Charlton? Will Charlton still be in existence in ten years time and will you look back and think 'I should have married that girl' ?

It really is a tough one mate but only you know deep, deep down in your heart what the right call is. Good Luck and may all your troubles be little ones 😉.
    This is spot on. In my first proper relationship as a late teen I was well and truly under the thumb. That went on for six years. When that finished I thought, next one up, start as you mean to go on and if they love you enough they'll accept your true passions and interests (Charlton, Charlton and Charlton). Best thing you can do - you can't pretend to be someone else.
  • Options
    HarryLime said:
    His last post was yesterday afternoon at 3pm, he was last active on here at 9.20 this morning.
    It suggests that he is still alive, but incapable of using his hands to type messages.
    Pray for Lad88
    I reckon he's going to the wedding
  • Options
    She is still insisting that we are going to the wedding with my protestations falling on deaf ears. I went to the pub after I heard these words: "I hope Doncaster win on Friday now". 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    She is still insisting that we are going to the wedding with my protestations falling on deaf ears. I went to the pub after I heard these words: "I hope Doncaster win on Friday now". 
    Does she know how the Play-Offs work?

Would be rather amusing if Doncaster win 1-0 yet Charlton win on penalties

If she isnt aware of the latter she might start gloating a bit too early
  • Options

You'll end up having a row whether she drags you to the wedding kicking and screaming or if you go to the game.

Go to the game (assuming we get there of course)

• Options
    Christ, CharltonLad88, are you sure you’re not married to Roland?  :o
  • Options
    JohnBoyUK said:
    Well I've got a top tip people.

When coming in drunk from football and your Mrs has got the raging hump with you and says something about 'priorities', dont ever say '...well I have been married to <insert football club here> for x number of years you know' with a smug pleased look on your face, trying to claim the moral high ground when you're in no fit state to do the night feeds for your month old baby.

And I came home in such a good mood after Spurs won in the semi-final...

Surely, the first rule of booking a wedding is check the sporting calendar and make sure it doesn't clash with any major sporting event?  What is wrong with some people?!
    Top tip @JohnBoyUK, I'd got married on fa cup final day. Being a Charlton fan I was never in danger of having a decision to make. 😜
  • Options
    edited May 2019
    RedChaser said:
    It's a tough one, my Dad gave me this advice with a relationship,'start as you mean to go on son' and as football, playing or watching was my main love, I did. Fortunately for me my other half with whom I've been an item for the last 49 years was happy to accept me as I was and has never stopped me from enjoying my sport. I suppose I'm one of the lucky ones but you need to decide if she's a keeper and likely to be your sole mate or is this the thin end of the wedge? Is your love for her greater than that for Charlton? Will Charlton still be in existence in ten years time and will you look back and think 'I should have married that girl' ?

This is spot on. In my first proper relationship as a late teen I was well and truly under the thumb. That went on for six years. When that finished I thought, next one up, start as you mean to go on and if they love you enough they'll accept your true passions and interests (Charlton, Charlton and Charlton). Best thing you can do - you can't pretend to be someone else.
    This is the problem and works both ways don't try and change someone and try to mould someone into a different person. We all have our faults and can improve who we are as a person but at the outset normally what you see is what you get.
  • Options
    Would you say she was a bit of a control freak @CharltonLad88 or is she normally quite accommodating when you want to do something?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Would you say she was a bit of a control freak @CharltonLad88 or is she normally quite accommodating when you want to do something?
    i like where this is going
  • Options
    RedChaser said:
    Oi, Oi keep it clean 😀.
    Just to be clear, you're talking about anal right?
    Dirty sods!!  :D
  • Options
    Just to be clear, you're talking about anal right?
     Right on cue, so predictable mate 😜.
  • Options
    edited May 2019
  • Options
    To be fair mate I normally get my own way with alot of things. Have to be honest. And this wedding I knew about at around Christmas time. The only problem being that I didn't really look into the play off dates at that time and before you know it it all comes around quickly. Crappy timing as I know I've left it last minute. But she knows the importance and how much I love football in general. I was hoping these special circumstances would cool her down slightly....but to no avail as of yet.
  • Options
    To be fair mate I normally get my own way with alot of things. Have to be honest. And this wedding I knew about at around Christmas time. The only problem being that I didn't really look into the play off dates at that time and before you know it it all comes around quickly. Crappy timing as I know I've left it last minute. But she knows the importance and how much I love football in general. I was hoping these special circumstances would cool her down slightly....but to no avail as of yet.
    F@ck me you never told us you were a selfish b#stard get yourself to the wedding.
  • Options
    Take her for a Wimpy and throw in a knickerbocker glory.
    That should sort it.