Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Doncaster v Charlton Playoffs first leg 2019 post-match views

167891012»

Comments

• Options
    Need to maintain our discipline on Friday. They will be at us from the off with all sorts of falling down and histrionics, trying to get someone sent off. 
    I think they will try and close us down quickly in the first 15 mins. Need to play over them if they do.
  • Options
    They struggled with our passing and switching play.

Revert to that rather than the sit deep pass short that we finished with on Sunday and we'll be fine.
  • Options
    I think their tactic will be to stay in it and wait for nerves to set in as the game progresses.
  • Options
    I think their tactic will be to stay in it and wait for nerves to set in as the game progresses.
    Why would Charlton get nervous as the game progresses and the clock ticks down when they are already winning ?
  • Options
    Why would Charlton get nervous as the game progresses and the clock ticks down when they are already winning ?
    Because one goal against and we will no longer be winning I would imagine.
  • Options
    cafctom said:
    I don’t see why people have an issue with the “que sera sera” song being sung at yesterday’s game.

Its sentiment is no different from ‘the reds are going up’, ‘up the football league we go’ etc etc. 
    It’s an unlucky song. The first set of fans to sing it were Man Utd for the FA cup and they lost in the final that year; and it’s a proven fact that every season and in every competition, most fans jinx their own team by singing it too early and they don’t get to go to Wembley. Friday night, when we have a cushion of a 3 goal lead with ten minutes to go is the perfect time to belt it out imo.

1-0 up after two minutes and the muppets among the charlton fans more or less straight away got Donny to raise their game by singing we’re going to Wembley...
  • Options
    Great memories. Was is dad's birthday. How times have changed. That day we were in bright sunshine filled with optimism. Today he turns 80 and is on his own in his flat and football is in disarray with future looking bleak at best. 
  • Options
    I remember walking to the car after the game, that late Donny goal really killed the buzz I had for the second leg. A lot of other Charlton fans around me seemed to think we had the tie won already, which baffled me.

If we held on for 2 nil, the second leg would have been a lot less dramatic then it turned out!  
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Last year really was one of those seasons where the Play-Offs lived up to their name - Was only the Forest Green v Tranmere game that was uneventful out of the lot

Werent we the only team to get to Wembley and have home advantage in the second leg
  • Options
    Great weekend, stayed in the holiday Inn about 20 minutes walk from the ground. 

Went to the bar at St Pancras on way 2 beers £13 arrived at Donny in pub to watch Sunderland game 2 beers £5! 

Where has the year gone!! 
  • Options
    Great times.
  • Options

Went to the bar at St Pancras on way 2 beers £13 arrived at Donny in pub to watch Sunderland game 2 beers £5! 

I imagine being able to buy 2 beers for a £5 would account for forgetting the last 12 months. Have you sobered up yet....😃
  • Options
    Driving up there in no time 2hrs and a bit  (took just as long to get to the home leg from kids school in Ware on the Friday night ) with my two youngest standing on their chairs all game and holding them up , what a game , I was shattered by the end .

• Options
    We drove up for the game (unsurprisingly). Got parked in one of the big local car parks less than 10 mins walk from the ground.....and actually got there in time to see the players warm up, which to those who have followed some of my travails on the road is a feat in itself. 

Thought we played really well  & deserved more than a 1goal lead. Great atmosphere & I think we stood up all game.
  • Options
    Driving up there in no time 2hrs and a bit  (took just as long to get to the home leg from kids school in Ware on the Friday night ) with my two youngest standing on their chairs all game and holding them up , what a game , I was shattered by the end .

God knows what you were like at the end of the second leg. 
  • Options

I imagine being able to buy 2 beers for a £5 would account for forgetting the last 12 months. Have you sobered up yet....😃
    Funnily enough we did make the most of it!!! 
  • Options
    Great day and class performance.

Forgotten all about this match as the other two play off matches were so memorable. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    CAFCTrev said:
    I remember walking to the car after the game, that late Donny goal really killed the buzz I had for the second leg. A lot of other Charlton fans around me seemed to think we had the tie won already, which baffled me.

If we held on for 2 nil, the second leg would have been a lot less dramatic then it turned out!  
    Yes but that's not the Charlton way to do things easy.Anyway just made the 2ng leg even more dramatic.But was a great day out in Donny - always enjoy going there and great pub by the station.Happy days
  • Options
    CAFCTrev said:

Yeah, that late Donny goal slightly took the gloss off, 2-0 would have been a crushing mental blow to come back from

Quite liked Doncaster actually, a couple of nice pubs including the Doncaster Brewery Tap, while the walk to the hotel (Earl of Doncaster) was surprisingly attractive too. Walked past the race course, that was impressive
  • Options
    CAFCTrev said:

Yeah, that late Donny goal slightly took the gloss off, 2-0 would have been a crushing mental blow to come back from

Quite liked Doncaster actually, a couple of nice pubs including the Doncaster Brewery Tap, while the walk to the hotel (Earl of Doncaster) was surprisingly attractive too. Walked past the race course, that was impressive
    Yes, quite a pleasant area their ground is situated in, had a nice walk around the lake next to it to kill time before the game. 

I remember on around 70mins(ish?), someone chucked a deep cross that flashed across goal and Lyle was just inches away from getting a toe on it to nudge it in. Would have been 3 nil and probably game over for the tie if it did. 
  • Options
    CAFCTrev said:
    CAFCTrev said:

Yes, quite a pleasant area their ground is situated in, had a nice walk around the lake next to it to kill time before the game. 

I remember on around 70mins(ish?), someone chucked a deep cross that flashed across goal and Lyle was just inches away from getting a toe on it to nudge it in. Would have been 3 nil and probably game over for the tie if it did. 
    I did the lake walk as well  :D

The MK Dons stadium also has a lake near it if you take the scenic route from Bletchley station
  • Options
    Croydon said:

Any excuse to share this one again.

Me and my two boys are in that photo :)
  • Options
    bobmunro said:
    Croydon said:

Any excuse to share this one again.

Me and my two boys are in that photo :)
    I’m in that too. Bloke with the glasses with my arm up 
  • Options
    Joe Aribo. I’d forgotten how silky he was.