Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Doncaster Information

13»

Comments

• Options
    drfc_slo said:
    For those asking about the buses from the train station, they are running every half hour to the stadium, the tomes are ten to the hour and twenty past the hour.

If you want a taxi then these will be located directly outside the train station and should only cost a few quid. 

If you decide to walk, exit the station and turn right. Keep walking and you will start to see to signs for the stadium. It will be about a 30-40 min walk 
    How much does the bus cost?

I imagine being outside of London the fare will need to be paid in change and contactless bank cards arent an option?
  • Options
    Hi Dean, thanks for posting.

Given the unique situation of an early ko, huge number of ticket collections from ground, can you give some assurance Donny will have enough staff, windows etc to cope with the anticipated away collection demand?

its a long way to go on a Sunday to potentially miss part of the game.

much appreciated 
    Dean - your information updates are much appreciated. Do you have any further news on the ticket collection arrangements and resources please?
  • Options
    AshBurton said:

Given the unique situation of an early ko, huge number of ticket collections from ground, can you give some assurance Donny will have enough staff, windows etc to cope with the anticipated away collection demand?

much appreciated 
    Dean - your information updates are much appreciated. Do you have any further news on the ticket collection arrangements and resources, please?
    Hi Ash 

I have spoken to the ticket office and they are aware of a large number of collections and they will do their best to get through them as quickly as possible. 

I would still advise getting there as early as possible.
  • Options
    drfc_slo said:
    AshBurton said:

much appreciated 
    Dean - your information updates are much appreciated. Do you have any further news on the ticket collection arrangements and resources, please?
    Hi Ash 

I have spoken to the ticket office and they are aware of a large number of collections and they will do their best to get through them as quickly as possible. 

Easier said than done when the first train doesn’t get in until 11...
  • Options
    drfc_slo said:
    AshBurton said:

much appreciated 
    Hi Ash 

Thanks Dean. As others have said, the first train out of Kings Cross on a Sunday doesn’t leave till shortly after 9am - unbelievable but true. So the earliest that a huge number of Charlton fans can reach the Keepmoat will be around 11.15-11.30 (especially as most may have to walk from the station). This will require a lot of tickets to be handed over within a 30-45 minute peak just before kick off. 
  • Options
    drfc_slo said:
    AshBurton said:

much appreciated 
    Hi Ash 

Easier said than done when the first train doesn’t get in until 11...
    Jesus!!!!
  • Options
    drfc_slo said:
    For those asking about the buses from the train station, they are running every half hour to the stadium, the tomes are ten to the hour and twenty past the hour.

If you want a taxi then these will be located directly outside the train station and should only cost a few quid. 

If you decide to walk, exit the station and turn right. Keep walking and you will start to see to signs for the stadium. It will be about a 30-40 min walk 
    Christ alive, they only hold about 60 passengers at a guess? So if you miss one you have a 30 minute wait until the next one and if you can’t get on the next one then you’ll have waited an hour.
    They really should put on extra buses.....very poor show by the bus company.
    Thanks for the info Dean......even if it’s not what we wanted to hear!

You could try walking for 30 minutes rather than waiting for 30 minutes
  • Options
    drfc_slo said:

Christ alive, they only hold about 60 passengers at a guess? So if you miss one you have a 30 minute wait until the next one and if you can’t get on the next one then you’ll have waited an hour.
    They really should put on extra buses.....very poor show by the bus company.
    Thanks for the info Dean......even if it’s not what we wanted to hear!

You could try walking for 30 minutes rather than waiting for 30 minutes
    I live about 40 minutes drive away and already have my ticket.....feel sorry for those coming by train and desperate to get to the ground and collect their tickets!
    Being in my 70’ s, I know what it’s like for any oldies who would have to make a quick 30+ minute walk....not easy!
  • Options
    drfc_slo said:

Very handy seeing as the 1st train gets in at 11.49 and another train less than 10 minutes later.
    The taxi is only £6 If you can get one.
    Good luck with the walk done that last season it's a mission 
  • Options
    I hope after the rush from the station and the queue to pick up tickets they don't decide to search everyone for flares etc.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    ONE BUS!!

EVERY HALF HOUR!!

What is the point of that? Have they no sense at all? Have a relay of 3 buses doing a round trip and charge a £1 a head or whatever. 

Also such a great idea having 1 bus to take 500 hundred supporters back to the station.

What with this and long Q’s at the ticket office is a really good way to piss off a whole lot of fans.
  • Options
    I hope after the rush from the station and the queue to pick up tickets they don't decide to search everyone for flares etc.
    I'm still wearing mine 
  • Options
    edited May 2019
    Redrobo said:
    ONE BUS!!

EVERY HALF HOUR!!

What is the point of that? Have they no sense at all? Have a relay of 3 buses doing a round trip and charge a £1 a head or whatever. 

Also such a great idea having 1 bus to take 500 hundred supporters back to the station.

What with this and long Q’s at the ticket office is a really good way to piss off a whole lot of fans.
    We're not in London though are we... this is typical for counties that dont have the TFL to rely upon

i.e. If I wanted to get a bus from Strood it tends to be one every 30mins

Dont even get me started on the unreliability of buses in Cornwall
  • Options
    I'm still wearing mine

You'll fit in in Doncaster then, flares and a moustache are still worn without irony
  • Options
    I'm still wearing mine 
    Well make sure you put your vest on tomorrow it's going to be chilly
  • Options
    Redrobo said:
    ONE BUS!!

EVERY HALF HOUR!!

I'd put the blame squarely with the EFL or whoever plans the timing of these games.
  • Options
    Redrobo said:
    ONE BUS!!

EVERY HALF HOUR!!

I'd put the blame squarely with the EFL or whoever plans the timing of these games.
    I think the time of the game is poor, but really! It is meant to be a service - and a business. Getting all your customers to their destination and making a profit is kinda the point. If you can’t or won’t do that, get off the pot.
  • Options
    Redrobo said:
    Redrobo said:
    ONE BUS!!

EVERY HALF HOUR!!

I think the time of the game is poor, but really! It is meant to be a service - and a business. Getting all your customers to their destination and making a profit is kinda the point. If you can’t or won’t do that, get off the pot.
    SKY's customers are the only ones they care about

Dont have to worry about travel, only thing they need to worry about is if the game is good enough and whether there are enough games on to justify (doesnt even do that) the monthly prices that people have to pay for Sky Sports etc. with the latter its about trying to squeeze more and more in so they can raise the prices even more each year

For the EFL its easy advertising for the League's brand and they'll see it as a win / win for the clubs getting some extra income (regardless how rubbish it is) so dont bat an eye lid
  • Options
    I have a Valley away coach ticket that I no longer need.
    Pick up at Eltham at 06.35am, 

Probably 48 hours to late but you never know.
    Going for face value of £27.
  • Options
    Redrobo said:
    Redrobo said:
    ONE BUS!!

EVERY HALF HOUR!!

But who's customers? Doncaster rovers? the bus company?
    Ideally we would have two football special trains arriving at 10.30. Ten extra buses waiting at the station. The ticket office open and staffed ready for 1000 punters.
    All this takes time to sort and I don't the clubs have time to do it.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Redrobo said:
    The trouble with sit anywhere when it is a sell out is that if you have bought a group together you want to sit together. Plus of course, you will want to sit in your own seat if the ones that are left are crap.

For one game it would not hurt if everyone SAT down in their own seat so the old and the young can enjoy their day out.

I know it won’t happen as there are too many who will do exactly what they want and sod everyone else.
    I totally understand this and in normal league matches, agree .

However, on this occasion, with so many stages of purchase/restrictions, fans will inevitably have tickets in different rows, sections etc. from the mates they've sat with & supported through thick & thin all over the country this season.

This was the situation at Oxford and together with the fact that we lost, it was the least enjoyable game I've watched away since last August as we were nowhere near our pals and felt isolated. 

Que sera sera but I hope that all concerned in the away end enjoy a great afternoon, in a great atmosphere of love & harmony.....and feel free to hug & snog anyone in reach when we score as at Wembley in 1998. 

:-)
  • Options
    I'm not snogging my mates.

No matter what the score is.
  • Options
    Addickted said:
    I'm not snogging my mates.

No matter what the score is.
    Everyone has their price mate, mine is not too much.
  • Options
    I wouldn't recommend walking unless you are fit. It takes a good 30 mins if you walk at a good pace & you are walking alongside a busy road. We got a taxi last night outside the station for £6.50 & with no traffic took about 7 mins. 
  • Options
    I wouldn't recommend walking unless you are fit. It takes a good 30 mins if you walk at a good pace & you are walking alongside a busy road. We got a taxi last night outside the station for £6.50 & with no traffic took about 7 mins. 
    Its a trek