Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Doncaster Information

Comments

• Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Hi Dean

Do you let away fans out for a fag at half time?

Cheers and thanks for taking the time to post on here, much appreciated. 

P. S what sort of ID do you need? Would a credit card and the confirmation email be sufficient? 
    Yes they do.
    Since when's your name been dean
  • Options
    edited May 2019
    801912601 said:
    Hi Dean - many thanks for the friendly contact. Please can you confirm the walking distance/time from the lakeside village to the stadium. thanks again
    5 minutes.

https://www.google.com/maps/place/Lakeside+Village+Outlet+Shopping/@53.5086251,-1.1156257,15z/data=!4m5!3m4!1s0x0:0x1f59332c00b9fdfa!8m2!3d53.507349!4d-1.114982

• Options
    CE - brilliant thank you. Wife’s can go off shopping whist me & my bruv go footie 
  • Options
    Hi, 

Other than the stadium car park where else is there?

Where is the industry park and how far is it from the ground?

Thanks in advance
  • Options
    edited May 2019
    801912601 said:
    Hi Dean - many thanks for the friendly contact. Please can you confirm the walking distance/time from the lakeside village to the stadium. thanks again
    Five to 10 mins to the away end and my names not Dean btw  ;)

Edit; Just seen CE's reply great minds and all that.
  • Options
    There are plenty of options in the town itself. Outside the station is the Railway Hotel, while the Tut n’ Shive and The Plough are also recommended. In the Frenchgate Centre is the Mallard, with nearby Great Northern, Wetherspoons and Walkabout also fine. 
    https://www.cafc.co.uk/news/view/5cd5b264c37bc/away-fans-guide-keepmoat-stadium
    Except that the Walkabout closed down about 5 years ago.
  • Options
    clive said:
    There are plenty of options in the town itself. Outside the station is the Railway Hotel, while the Tut n’ Shive and The Plough are also recommended. In the Frenchgate Centre is the Mallard, with nearby Great Northern, Wetherspoons and Walkabout also fine. 
    Great but what happens when the police force everyone into your new road. 
  • Options
    clive said:
    For real ale lovers there is a pub on Platform 3 in the station which is highly recommended.
  • Options
    clive said:
    For real ale lovers there is a pub on Platform 3 in the station which is highly recommended.
    Agree but too small for large groups

what pubs are actually open and serving beer pre match?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    801912601 said:
    CE - brilliant thank you. Wife’s can go off shopping whist me & my bruv go footie 
    Oh she’ll love that it’s as good as London 😂 
    Travelling 6+ hours in the car for M&S rejects or Clarkes shoes outlet
  • Options
    If it's open early enough the leopard was a good place. The tut shive was a little shit.
  • Options
    edited May 2019
    clive said:
    Agree but too small for large groups

what pubs are actually open and serving beer pre match?
    Our SLO officer @Covered End is your man for this.

Although, being a local surely you should be advising us?!
  • Options
    If it's open early enough the leopard was a good place. The tut shive was a little shit.
    DRFC v @CAFCOfficial – Travelling by rail? the Keepmoat Stadium is situated a mile from the town centre. The Leopard PH on West St (100m from the train station) will be open from 10.30am and welcome away fans @the donnyleopard
  • Options
    Is it unreserved seating?
  • Options
    edited May 2019
    JaShea99 said:
    The tickets have a seat & row number.
    So I suppose it depends on the stewards.
  • Options
    JaShea99 said:
    So it depends on the stewards I suppose.
    Tickets always have that on but most sensible stewards say sit anywhere.
  • Options
    JaShea99 said:
    I'm hoping as we asked for an adult & a under 11,the club would be sensible for this game & dish out tickets at front of stand...so as not to be in way of or in the middle of the standy uppers....yes I know,done enough aways & I know what it's like,but as say hopin on this occasion,that common sense prevails...

Cmon U Addicks...!!!

Taylor,Baur & Cullen  3-2 to LB's R&W Army...
  • Options
    Hi Dean,

Are we ok to bring flags into the keepmoat?

Cheers
  • Options
    JaShea99 said:
    JaShea99 said:
    So it depends on the stewards I suppose.
    Tickets always have that on but most sensible stewards say sit anywhere.
    You could sit anywhere in the league game, but we only had 1,000 there.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    JaShea99 said:
    I'm hoping as we asked for an adult & a under 11,the club would be sensible for this game & dish out tickets at front of stand...so as not to be in way of or in the middle of the standy uppers....yes I know,done enough aways & I know what it's like,but as say hopin on this occasion,that common sense prevails...

Cmon U Addicks...!!!

Taylor,Baur & Cullen  3-2 to LB's R&W Army...
    With that many fans I’d think it makes more sense to sit/ stand  in your own seat so you don’t have too many people congregating in one area when the spaces are elsewhere .
    i say that as someone who is with 2 u-11s who’ve been warned they’re gonna have to stand on seats and prolly won’t see much and I don’t wanna hear any moaning from them or the old goat behind who can’t stand up .
    obviously I’d sit down if the 800 people in front of me sit down but unfortunately , I don’t think , people will be sitting down too much 
  • Options
    Does anyone know what the situation is regarding buses from Doncaster Station to the ground tomorrow? I have tried ringing the club and their numbers just cut you off and its the same if you try ringing the bus company! 
  • Options
    JaShea99 said:
    It was for the league game so it should be tomorrow.
  • Options
    JaShea99 said:
    When you have 1000 people in 2-3000 seats that’s easy but 3,700 with 3,700 seats it’s a tougher call 

• Options
    JaShea99 said:
    When you have 1000 people in 2-3000 seats that’s easy but 3,700 with 3,700 seats it’s a tougher call 

Agreed, but the amount of seats available to us was cut accordingly.

Cannot remember the last game I went when you had to sit in the ticket allocated.
  • Options
    If unreserved go along a row and sit next to somebody, don't leave stupid odd empty seats dotted around the place.
  • Options
    Croydon said:
    Hi Dean,

Are we ok to bring flags into the keepmoat?

Cheers
    Hi Croydon 

Your welcome to bring you flags, the stewards will ask to check them over before you enter the ground. 
  • Options
    edited May 2019
    drfc_slo said:
    For those asking about the buses from the train station, they are running every half hour to the stadium, the tomes are ten to the hour and twenty past the hour.

If you want a taxi then these will be located directly outside the train station and should only cost a few quid. 

If you decide to walk, exit the station and turn right. Keep walking and you will start to see to signs for the stadium. It will be about a 30-40 min walk 
    Christ alive, they only hold about 60 passengers at a guess? So if you miss one you have a 30 minute wait until the next one and if you can’t get on the next one then you’ll have waited an hour.
    They really should put on extra buses.....very poor show by the bus company.
    Thanks for the info Dean......even if it’s not what we wanted to hear!