Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Doncaster v Charlton | Sun 12 May | 12:15pm | Match Preview, Predictions, News & Views

Comments

• Getting picked up at 7.30 tomorrow by my old mate Bubbles. 
    Any of you old farts on here remember him.
    Are you planning to blow him on the way up there???
  • We have done so well to get into the play offs in third position and once here anything could happen. Doncaster will get at us and the first 20 mins will be crucial. It will need calm heads and nerves of steel..and that is just in the away end. The worst score possible would be 2-0 or above to them. I am normally way off, 3-0 Doncaster, very quiet journey home.
  • Nothing to frighten us in the Sunderland Pompey game. Both teams looked as ordinary as you can get. Off to bed now, I am the driver tomorrow - nice and early start! COYRs
  • Nighty night all. Leaving at 7am tomorrow.  Planning veggie breakfast enroute. 
  • I’m too nervous to predict. I’d take a one goal defeat or better . 
  • kimbo said:
    Nighty night all. Leaving at 7am tomorrow.  Planning veggie breakfast enroute. 
    🤮 
  • edited May 2019
    1-2 
    Players same as ever, fans a bag of nerves. 
    Good luck to all attending tomorrow!
  • edited May 2019
    Need a good night's sleep before slopping off down the pub at 11:45 tomorrow.

Safe journey to all of you travelling up there.  Do yourselves proud and let's hear you on the telly.
  • Sponsored links:

• Our defence has been superb in recent weeks, only four goals conceded in our last ten matches and an extraordinary number of clean sheets so far in 2019.

Ben Purr has been the main reason for those miserly stats, not because he's the dominant defender but because he provides the balance to the back line to allow them to play their proper roles in their proper positions.

For that reason I reckon we'll keep clean sheets in both legs and our superior midfield will carve out enough openings for us to prevail over the two legs. Bugger it, we'll edge both matches: 1-0 away, 3-0 at home.

I'm seeing some similarities between this season and 1997-98, especially the finish to those seasons.

It's ready been mentioned on other threads that our win-loss record this year is identical to 97-98.

Super Clive bagged 23 league goals; Lyle is on 21 not out.

Both teams ended with a miserly defensive record; in 1998 the oppo were held scoreless in the last seven matches and then Ipswich drew blanks in both legs of the semi, and, as mentioned above, we've only conceded four in the last ten matches.

As for the managers, well, Lord Bowyer strikes me as Lord Llewellyn 2.0. If he's allowed to stay and manage this footy club the way he wants to I can see him leading us to the top flight.

In Lord Bowyer we trust.
  • One more sleep. I feel like our players might just have the mentality to succeed on the big stage. In honour of that I'm pushing down the nerves and looking forward to it. Now, on to the anxiety nightmares...
  • Safe journey everyone and make some noise.
  • Morning all 
  • edited May 2019
    Morning all 
    Morning mate 
    What you up to today
  • We will come unstuck..hope the players don't think like some of our supporters who already think were in the championship let alone Wembley. 2-0 stroll for Donny
    Agreed.  It's really exciting, we don't get games like this often, BUT the expectation and mood is so high I fear a kick in the nuts to bring us down to earth.

In the big games over the past f*** knows how many years we never canter a big game.

Do it this time Charlton, and do it again on the 26th May.  We have had too much s*** over the past 5 years.
  • Getting picked up at 7.30 tomorrow by my old mate Bubbles. 
    Any of you old farts on here remember him.
    Are you planning to blow him on the way up there???
    Is Michael Jackson coming along as well?
  • Sponsored links:

• Only five hours sleep. Too excited/nervous. 

Come on you rip roaring reds!!!! 
  • clb74 said:
    Morning all 
    Morning mate 
    What you up to today
    Round of golf 
    Only thing you'll be sinking today is in a pint glass.
  • About to start the drive up. Not been this nervous for game in a very long time. 

For anyone else driving; where do you plan on parking? I’m tempted to make use of the stadium car park. 
  • clb74 said:
    Morning all 
    Morning mate 
    What you up to today
    Round of golf 
    Only thing you'll be sinking today is in a pint glass.
    Very true 
  • Lovely morning. Thrown the matchday outfit into jeopardy.

Could do without these late preparation quandaries 
  • I’ve been feeling positive all week and I’ve just woken up thinking we’ll lose 2-0. I think it will all depend on which side gets a red card.
  • COYR
    Well done all of you setting off from all over the place to get up there for a Sunday early KO. I really hope the ticket collections aint too painful and i look foward to watching on TV and hearing you all. Hope its not a big let down but this team has given me a lot of optimism so bring it on!
  • We are zooming up the A1. Traffic good. Nearly at Cambridge. COYR.  Safe journey all. 
  • andyg90 said:
    About to start the drive up. Not been this nervous for game in a very long time. 

For anyone else driving; where do you plan on parking? I’m tempted to make use of the stadium car park. 
    Worked ok for us in the league game go for it.
  • We have hit a rich vein of form and have had good results against the top 6 this season so I am going for 0-1 Aribo. COME ON YOU RIP ROARING, GOAL SCORING REDS!!!!!