Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Doncaster v Charlton | Sun 12 May | 12:15pm | Match Preview, Predictions, News & Views

Comments

• Options
    Not to mention we finished seven points clear of them

Had they won that day then yes they would have survived but would still have been a point behind us... Nor was it our decision, if they want to blame someone then blame the referee
  • Options
    RedChaser said:

Had they won that day then yes they would have survived but would still have been a point behind us... Nor was it our decision, if they want to blame someone then blame the referee
    Yeh but what about Jacko emptying his water bottle on the pitch 😉.
    Accidents happen all the time

You wouldnt believe the amount of times I've spilled a bottle of drink because I've forgotten the lid was off ;)
  • Options
    edited May 2019
    RedChaser said:

Yeh but what about Jacko emptying his water bottle on the pitch 😉.
    Accidents happen all the time

You wouldnt believe the amount of times I've spilled a bottle of drink because I've forgotten the lid was off ;)
    Thing was he did it with a smile on his face to his adoring fans 😂.
  • Options
    edited May 2019
    https://www.cafc.co.uk/news/view/5cd3ec428a593/joe-aribo-we-just-want-to-get-back-out-there-and-play

In the video isnt it Igor that you can see collecting the ball on the left around 0.25secs? (Or is it Marshall)
  • Options
    Shhhhh! It's definitely Marshall 😉.
  • Options
    2-1 to Charlton.....we go onto win second leg and face Pompey at Wembley.
  • Options
    edited May 2019
    Our abandoned game with Doncaster in 13/14 lost them 3 points, they were 3-1 up when it was called off.  They would not have been relegated if they won this game.

This will be pay back time for them.

This is my fear plus the harsh disallowed offside goal which stopped Donny winning against us at the keepmoat.
    I just hope this isn't the biggest anti climax since Sheffield United away FA cup QF(stayed in Chesterfield) and the reunion concert of Kajagoogoo. 
    Hey girl, move a little closer
    'Cause you're too shy shy
    Hush hush, eye to eye
    Too shy shy...

I digress.
    Charlton are in the shop window, and maybe some rich benevolent business person (Jim Ratcliffe) will see the potential in this unique south London club and buy Cafc from the Pied Piper of Brussels.

Three games from Triumph or two games from Disaster. IF.

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    Our abandoned game with Doncaster in 13/14 lost them 3 points, they were 3-1 up when it was called off.  They would not have been relegated if they won this game.

The irony that Glass Half Full posted just below you..
  • Options

They were down to ten men and on to a hiding in the second half.  Eventually losing 2-0 saved them from an even worse goal difference.
  • Options
    2-1 to Charlton.....we go onto win second leg and face trash Pompey at Wembley.
    Fixed.
  • Options
    So now time to do some basic planning. Is it easy to park near the stadium? Anybody know?
  • Options
    So now time to do some basic planning. Is it easy to park near the stadium? Anybody know?
    Yes parking in the ground for away fans get tickets few beers 2 nil win home by 6 
  • Options
    Nervy about the game but we should be good enough to get a draw and finish them off at The Valley - 1-1
  • Options
    2-1 to Donny. 2-0 to us at the Valley. 
  • Options

This is my fear plus the harsh disallowed offside goal which stopped Donny winning against us at the keepmoat.
    I just hope this isn't the biggest anti climax since Sheffield United away FA cup QF(stayed in Chesterfield) and the reunion concert of Kajagoogoo. 
    Hey girl, move a little closer
    'Cause you're too shy shy
    Hush hush, eye to eye
    Too shy shy...

I digress.
    Charlton are in the shop window, and maybe some rich benevolent business person (Jim Ratcliffe) will see the potential in this unique south London club and buy Cafc from the Pied Piper of Brussels.

Three games from Triumph or two games from Disaster. IF.

Kajagoogoo had a reunion?????

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited May 2019
    Keep Marquis quiet and I think we will win.
    If not then expect a draw......will be hugely surprised and disappointed if we somehow contrive to lose.
  • Options
    Keep Marquis quiet and I think we will win.
    If not then expect a draw......will be hugely surprised and disappointed if we somehow contrive to lose.
    Herbie Kane and Malik Wilks are two others we should watch out for... the latter was the one who scored against us in February
  • Options
    How come the teams get more time between fixtures this year? We only got 2 rest days between the Shrewsbury fixtures (10th and 13th) but we get 4 this year (12th and 17th).
  • Options
    Quietly confident, we are the form team and with the last 3 matches being "dead" rubbers managed to rotate our squad as well. A great bonus that our players will have been able to relax (mentally as well as physically) instead of stressing about the automatics or how to battle into 6th place, but yet have managed to win easily all 3 matches.

The lack of Igor is a blow as it leaves us with no striker on the bench, and instead a glut of midfielders. NO IDEA who will be the 4th midfielder; to me Aribo should be at the top of the diamond instead of Williams, which leave a space for the likes of Morgan, Reeves or Pratley rather than Williams.

A narrow win on Sunday, 1-0 or 2-1
  • Options
    Out of curiosity, I am unsure whether Naby Sarr is fasting at the moment due to Ramadan. It wouldn't have impacted him last week as it started Sunday 5th May. But if he is currently fasting, I do wonder how that alters his preparation for these games.

Just thought it was an interesting topic if it is the case.
  • Options
    I think you are allowed to defer it for later in circumstances such as this unless you are a very conservative muslim. Not sure how devout Naby is.
  • Options
    We've got Joe Aribo - he never gives the ball awayyyyyy.
    Thanks ForeverAddicted for the previews this season. Just in case you think nobody reads them - I have read every single one. Cheers.
  • Options
    thanks Sage, hopefully two more reviews to go
  • Options
    Sunday is Donny's chance. They win by 2, then I'm worried. Win by 1 or draw then I expect Charlton to batter them at the Valley and finally get to the new Wembley. 

It would be lovely to see a big victory up there, but I think that is unlikely. They will be up for it and deserve respect.

Can't wait for Sunday either way. Happy days. Despite Roly, Charlton remain the pride of all London.