Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Preseason Friendlies 2019

Comments

• Options
    clb74 said:
    Whos this gaz mentan team on 4th july
    Romanian team, looks like they are playing a few games in Gibraltar 
  • Options
    Any info on a Summer training camp for us yet ?
  • Options
    £15 for welling is a bit of a joke stopped going a couple of years back when I heard that we charge to send a team down there and usually a hot day and the beers runs out v quickly. 
  • Options
    Gaz Mentan say they are playing us at the La Cala golf complex, situated inland from Marbella (we have played there before) on 4th July. 
    Gomez played in a friendly for us there last time.  
    WOW was my reaction. 
  • Options
    Wonder when Ebbsfleet tickets will go on sale

Is the one Pre Season friendly Im tempted to attend
  • Options
    Wonder when Ebbsfleet tickets will go on sale

Is the one Pre Season friendly Im tempted to attend
    https://www.ebbsfleetunited.co.uk/pre-season-admission-reduced/

£10 adults | £7 concessions | £5 Juniors (12-16) | £1 U12s

For anyone else thinking of heading along to Stonebridge Road for this game
  • Options
    Charlton will kick-off their pre-season friendlies with a match against Romanian outfit CS Gaz Metan Mediaș in a behind-closed-doors game on Thursday, July 4th (7pm).
    https://www.cafc.co.uk/news/view/5d1544ac010e1/charlton-to-face-gaz-metan-medias-in-pre-season-friendly
  • Options
    clb74 said:
    Whos this gaz mentan team on 4th july
    Probably playing Rangers in Europe this season :smile:
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Planning on flying out for the Spain game reckon people will be able to watch if there ? Don’t want to bother if can’t watch the game 
  • Options
    Planning on flying out for the Spain game reckon people will be able to watch if there ? Don’t want to bother if can’t watch the game 
    Its a hotel complex. Against basically my mum and her sister and few from bingo.
    Why would you fly out for that? 
  • Options

a match against Romanian outfit CS Gaz Metan Mediaș in a behind-closed-doors game.
    No spectators allowed.

• Options
    I'll be going to Eastbourne Utd but that's it.
  • Options
    Its a hotel complex. Against basically my mum and her sister and few from bingo.
    Why not ? It’s 4 days in the sun and a game of football, I watched them play at la cala last time we was out there and played golf very nice few days 
  • Options
    Nice if you can afford it i guess. Just dont get people flying out to watch that. No offence meant hope you enjoy
  • Options
    Nice if you can afford it i guess. Just dont get people flying out to watch that. No offence meant hope you enjoy
    Hotel is cheap onsite and flight is reasonable so though why not. Hopefully it’s the same setup and I’ll watch from the bank. 
  • Options

It says behind closed doors, but if it's where they played last time anyone can go and watch (for free).

Behind closed doors is the polite term for 'not in a stadium'.

• Options
    I spoke to the training ground who confirmed it will be behind closed doors.

A long way to go if you get turned away.
  • Options
    Why not?

Abroad on holiday, rather Spain than Barnsley.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Why not ? It’s 4 days in the sun and a game of football, I watched them play at la cala last time we was out there and played golf very nice few days 
    Serious levels of dedication to fly abroad to watch us play a behind closed doors friendly against a side practically no one has heard of
  • Options
    Serious levels of dedication to fly abroad to watch us play a behind closed doors friendly against a side practically no one has heard of
    Dedication is the answer to games like this.
  • Options
    of course more pressing issues like new owner and some players - but would like if we done a proper pre season tour - know a few leyton orient lads and they always get a good one - gives a good chance for staff and players and fans all to mix. 

nice week in spain or portugal 2/3 different opposition would be great
  • Options
    of course more pressing issues like new owner and some players - but would like if we done a proper pre season tour - know a few leyton orient lads and they always get a good one - gives a good chance for staff and players and fans all to mix. 

Not Belgium? 
  • Options
    Gaz Mentan say they are playing us at the La Cala golf complex, situated inland from Marbella (we have played there before) on 4th July. 
    Gomez played in a friendly for us there last time.  
    WOW was my reaction. 
    I'll go for Charlton to win 3&2.
  • Options

Not Belgium? 
    Can’t stand leffe and in recent years dickhead has put me off le belgique
  • Options

Not Belgium? 
    Can’t stand leffe and in recent years dickhead has put me off le belgique
    Leffe is medicine.
  • Options
    Not sure how they can turn me away to be honest, I’ll just watch from the large bank, it’s not enclosed and if not I’ll pretend im playing golf and watch from the 2nd tee. 

Flying out Tuesday and back Friday, nice bit of sun and hopefully catch a glimpse of the game, if not then not to fussed 
  • Options
    Not sure how they can turn me away to be honest, I’ll just watch from the large bank, it’s not enclosed and if not I’ll pretend im playing golf and watch from the 2nd tee. 

Flying out Tuesday and back Friday, nice bit of sun and hopefully catch a glimpse of the game, if not then not to fussed 
    Get a pair of binoculars and they'll think you are one of Bielsa's scouts...
  • Options

You will be able to walk to the pitch and watch (if it on the same pitch as last time there). 
    About 50 CAFC fans were there along with some player families. 
    There are no “doors” to close and play behind !