Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Preseason Friendlies 2019

Comments

• curbs had Hearts for his testimonial after we won the playoffs and we won the scottish cup in 98

written in the stars i tell you!
    Bloody hot that day!!
  • The Valley or our ground ?????
    The Valley or the ground that as a taxpayer we fund for the hamsters to play there.

Doesn’t work as a joke, if I have to explain it. 
  • one of the Scottish clubs I would take. As usually bring a decent following. 
  • edited May 2019
    one of the Scottish clubs I would take. As usually bring a decent following. 
    How about Third Lanark
  • Chris Solly said that he will have his Testimonial match at the Valley on, I think, the last Saturday in July. He is trying to decide on who to approach to be the opposition. He said that the danger with getting high profile teams like Arsenal or Chelsea is that they may send along their U23 side and then everybody is disappointed. Anybody got any suggestions for him ?
    I heard on Saturday that someone who is on the organising committee for his testimonial year has said that Rangers are being lined up
  • DA9 said:
    Chris Solly said that he will have his Testimonial match at the Valley on, I think, the last Saturday in July. He is trying to decide on who to approach to be the opposition. He said that the danger with getting high profile teams like Arsenal or Chelsea is that they may send along their U23 side and then everybody is disappointed. Anybody got any suggestions for him ?
    I heard on Saturday that someone who is on the organising committee for his testimonial year has said that Rangers are being lined up
    Hope he gets a guard of honour!
  • DA9 said:
    Chris Solly said that he will have his Testimonial match at the Valley on, I think, the last Saturday in July. He is trying to decide on who to approach to be the opposition. He said that the danger with getting high profile teams like Arsenal or Chelsea is that they may send along their U23 side and then everybody is disappointed. Anybody got any suggestions for him ?
    Would be fantastic getting them down 
  • Sponsored links:

• DA9 said:
    Hope he gets a guard of honour!
    They’ll have to check what school he went to first 🙄
  • Chris Solly said that he will have his Testimonial match at the Valley on, I think, the last Saturday in July. He is trying to decide on who to approach to be the opposition. He said that the danger with getting high profile teams like Arsenal or Chelsea is that they may send along their U23 side and then everybody is disappointed. Anybody got any suggestions for him ?
    West Ham?
    sod that, last time they come i went with a terrible hangover to watch a boring nil nil v there under 23. 
  • If we’re going Scots, it had to be Fort William. 
  • DA9 said:
    The police will never allow it.

• DA9 said:
    Teviot?
    Junior Chaser used to play for them.
  • Don’t Lazio still owe us a game for Di Canio cancelling his contract that time?
  • Our Italian cousins, Inter Milan 
  • I’m guessing they’ll be announced this week, once they know what division we’ll be in next season.
  • Seeing as we have trained Song, Coquelin, Bielik, Sanogo for them how about Arsenal ?

And Lacazette is Naby's best pal too.
  • edited May 2019
    MrOneLung said:
    Seeing as we have trained Song, Coquelin, Bielik, Sanogo for them how about Arsenal ?

And Lacazette is Naby's best pal too.
    If we did get an Arsenal friendly it would be a second string team . Their first team will have their pre season sorted for more than one season.
  • Sponsored links:

• Kettering have announced a friendly at their ground on the 1st August v a Charlton X1, I assume that’s a 7:30 or 45 kick off.

• I guess these are both official too
  • Millwall have released there pre season games as 
    concord 
    Southend 
    gills 

• Kettering have announced a friendly at their ground on the 1st August v a Charlton X1, I assume that’s a 7:30 or 45 kick off

The Kettering ground is over 3 miles from the mainline Station.
  • Dartford have Ebbsfleet on 9/7 so I'd say that's untrue. 2nd XI v 2nd XI would make no sense.

Ebbsfleet's homepage though, states their next game is us on 16/7 and even has a link to Charlton Life. So that looks a goer.

• edited May 2019
    Welling away 13 July 

whoops just noticed @DaveMehmet mentioned this days ago 
  • Thursday 25th July: Dorking v CAFC XI

Source, the usually reliable https://www.nonleaguematters.co.uk/forum/gforum.cgi  

• edited May 2019
    Re home friendlies it’s unlikely to stack up playing anyone with substantial travelling support and a reputation because unlike league and cup games the police are able to claim “full recovery” of their costs outside the ground. That’s why these big name friendlies / testimonials don’t tend to happen any more.