Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Congratulations Spurs

Comments

• Options
    Fantastic matches and now a mouth watering final. I like both teams and their managers but will be rooting for Liverpool (assuming City win the league) because they so, so deserve something this season. If Liverpool manage to snatch the title I’ll be rooting for Spurs to win the CL. 

I bloody LOVE football. 
  • Options
    My Hubby is a Spud & I’m over the bloody moon for him. 
    Especially as he chose to be a CAFC season ticket holder all those years with me when he could have demanded it be the other way around (yeah right, good luck with that). 
    Fantastic couple of nights of football. 
  • Options
    Funny thing is that Arsenal might get to the final but be jealous of Spurs. World you bé happy with Charlton in Europa final if it meant Palace in champs final?
    City - PL champions (probably), League Cup winners and FA Cup Final
    Liverpool - CL Final
    Spurs - CL Final
    Chelsea - EL Final possibly
    Arsenal - EL Final possibly
    Man U - er.............
    Would Liverpool be happy with champion's league than league title?

Weirdly (or not) I think the league would mean more given they won the cl in recent memory.

Nice conundrum to have 
    And City would prefer the CL to the league title! That was their big aim this season
  • Options
    Funny thing is that Arsenal might get to the final but be jealous of Spurs. World you bé happy with Charlton in Europa final if it meant Palace in champs final?
    I had this discussion with an Arsenal fan. He'd rather lose in the Europa if it meant  Spurs didnt win the CL.
  • Options
    The huge pressure Potchettino has been under... seeing him in tears after the match.... very happy for him, personally.
  • Options
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/48209763

Kane could be fit for the CL final. That would be a massive mental boost for Spurs, good news for the Nations League too
  • Options
    edited May 2019
    Probably the best thing for English football would be to have Liverpool win the PL and then Spurs win the CL. You could make an argument afterwards that maybe the best 3 clubs in the world reside in one league.
  • Options
    I don’t even like Spurs but cheered when they scored that third. Magnificent in every respect. Football at its best.
  • Options

Kane could be fit for the CL final. That would be a massive mental boost for Spurs, good news for the Nations League too
    Where's @MuttleyCAFC when you need him?

If you were Lucas Moura you'd be mighty p*****  off to be dropped from the final having made the contribution he did towards them getting there in the first place!

Don't get me wrong I rate Kane highly but can he just walk straight back in because he fancies it?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    LenGlover said:

If you were Lucas Moura you'd be mighty p*****  off to be dropped from the final having made the contribution he did towards them getting there in the first place!

Don't get me wrong I rate Kane highly but can he just walk straight back in because he fancies it?
    Son (on tonight's performance) would be more likely to be dropped anyway
  • Options
    LenGlover said:

Kane has to be in the side. The one who shouldn't be is Dele Ali who is a shadow of his former himself.
  • Options
    LenGlover said:

P'raps as Curbs would say.
  • Options
    Kin ell palace and scum get in to Europe and half this site will be cheering them on ....

Don’t tell me they’ve gone and entered the song contest...
  • Options

The magic of the champions league, a team with a tv income x20 that of the other wins out. Sets up a battle of the champions of 1990 against the champions of 1961
    Quite right - the ‘Champions League’ is a complete misnomer. But maybe it has a better ring than the ‘Top 4 League’.

All that said, I like both Spurs and Liverpool, in part because of the lack of recent league success but also because of the genuine heritage of both clubs and for what Klopp and Pochettino have brought to the English game.

As to the match itself, Ajax perhaps paid for a lack of experience when the heat was on and, much as I was delighted at Spurs’ late winner, it is sad that the break up of Ajax’s young team is probably imminent. This was their moment before the best young talent is snapped up by the self-perpetuating Champions League elite.

A second night of fantastic drama, when all looked lost for Spurs and a fascinating final to look forward to. The only down side is that it will ramp the Premier League, Sky and tabloid hyperbole up a notch, especially if Arsenal and Chelsea make it an all-English Europa Final as well.

All rather ironic, given our exit from Europe...
  • Options
    LenGlover said:

Kane has to be in the side. The one who shouldn't be is Dele Ali who is a shadow of his former himself.

Not sure that I'd agree with that mate.

Thought that Ali looked back to his best tonight, and his lovely little pass set up the winner.

Would agree that he has plateaued a bit, but he does have a lovely touch and awareness around the box, if he could get back his goalscorring habit, then he would be very useful to the England team again.
  • Options
    Start Kane if he is fit. If he struggles the first half, replace with Moura. It seems second-halfs are all the matter, anyway.
  • Options
    European Super Cup Final... Spurs v Arsenal

Imagine!
  • Options
    incredible week for British football...went to bed last night it was 2-2. Would be great to see them lift it and get one over Arsenal...
  • Options
    LenGlover said:

Yes, I agree......by his standards he had a surprisingly poor game last night.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Addickted said:
    Bloody hell.

Just bloody hell.

What an incredible two days for English football.
    Congratulations?!  F*** that!

• Options
    RedChaser said:

The magic of the champions league, a team with a tv income x20 that of the other wins out. Sets up a battle of the champions of 1990 against the champions of 1961
    Exactly 'Champions League' NOT!
    A glorified Uefa Cup.
  • Options
    Brilliant the difference between the games is Liverpool dominated from start to finish spurs had a go 2nd half and we’re like a different team - your not supposed to have them but spurs would probably be called my 2nd team always like to see them doing well and in recent years they have quite a few England boys playing for them.
    if arsenal could manage to get themselves knocked out tonight or failing that get to final against chelsea and giroud scores the winner would please me immensely.

will be a cracking final. 
  • Options
    Don’t really get the hate for spurs and there manager he was tasked with bringing champions league football to whl within 5 years he’s surpassed that and he’s in the champions league final with a 0 spend in last 2 transfer windows, you can’t ignore that 
  • Options
    European Super Cup Final... Spurs v Arsenal

Imagine!
    Played in Shanghai.
  • Options
    Don’t really get the hate for spurs and there manager he was tasked with bringing champions league football to whl within 5 years he’s surpassed that and he’s in the champions league final with a 0 spend in last 2 transfer windows, you can’t ignore that 
    Not having won the title since 1961 is a start.

Most hated London club(by the London fan base) by an absolute country mile.
  • Options
    I dozed off and missed all of the second half. Only just seen the score. What an achievement. 
  • Options
    Not having won the title since 1961 is a start.

Most hated London club(by the London fan base) by an absolute country mile.
    That can’t be true......no one likes Millwall. 

There’s even a song about it!
  • Options
    @ElfsborgAddick not for me apart from the obvious millwall and palace arsenal run pretty close maybe different eras but I find there fans petulant and self entitled. 

Regarding the final it’s a fucking disgrace.

capacity of stadium 67,703 
    allocation to spurs and Liverpool 16,613 each with nearly 35,000 going to the “football family” fuck modern football 
  • Options
    edited May 2019

Affordable prices aswell a return flight and a ticket your looking at least £900.