Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Congratulations Liverpool

Comments

• edited May 2019
    That  was that was a superb game of football...well done the scousers,brilliant result...admit to having goosebumps & shivers when the team were in front of the Kip while YWNWA was being played & sung...Wow....!!!

haha Suarez ya dirty shite...
  • Brilliant performance

I don't think this is a brilliant Barcelona side. The one under Pep was a brilliant team, whereas this one is very reliant on Messi. Liverpool by contrast lose Salah and Firmino and still score 4.
  • Like I said on the UCL thread, Suarez must feel like a mug. Injured Robertson, and Liverpool brought on Wijnaldum who won them the game
  • edited May 2019
    cabbles said:
    Class.  I’ve always been indifferent to Liverpool.  I know a lot of people don’t like them, but the team and Klopp are class.  They’re very good to watch from the neutral’s perspective as well.  Superb night for football 
    I’ve never been indifferent to Liverpool - some of the fans aside (ok a lot of the fans), they are a wonderful football club.

I’ve never got the hate. If you cut me through you will see Charlton Athletic - but Liverpool are the second result I look for. Maybe you need to be of a certain age to understand.
  • I was saying to a friend at the weekend that I must be one of the only people I know who wants them to win the title.

Can understand why they’re so unpopular but they were number one when I was young and loved the likes of Keegan, Dalgliesh, Rush etc.
    I loved all that as a youngster but as there’s been a drought they’ve turned in to whiney fans 
    the stone throwing at Man City’s coach in Champions League was ridiculous , filthy scouse scumbags .... I’d have expected against Man Utd but city is a joke 

anyway Suarez never deserves to win the dirty slag 
  • I don't mind Liverpool and would prefer them to win the title than City just to stop them dominating English football. They have  a great side and like their brand of football. Plus would be nice to see Joe Gomez pick up a few trophies.

Only downside is my deluded Liverpool mate trying to play it all down saying Spuds/Ajax will probably  win when in truth he's likely tugging himself all around his house right now. 
  • Sponsored links:

• I was in Dortmund at the weekend and they love Klopp so much there that I'm willing to be happy for him.
  • Unbelievable Jeff
  • Some result. 

There's a City fan in my office who'll be eating humble pie tomorrow morning (and may even get a bit nervous about their last game of the season). 
  • Like everyone else I couldn't see Liverpool going through but fair play to them, they deserved it on the night. Amazed how poor Barcelona were however.
  • Liverpool will be favs now for the final. As much as an English final would be great i think Spurs look knackered now and would not be able to cope with Liverpool. Ajax is a bit different
  • Amazing, not been as happy for an opposition club as that before. 

Absolute genius from Alexander-Arnold. 
  • What a game . You’ve gotta love football 
  • Sponsored links:

• Crazy, crazy, crazy, crazy nights...
  • MrLargo said:
    Sickening. Come on Ajax, England needs you!
    Why ? 
    His train was cancelled, he will be cheering Spurs on tomorrow.
  • Remember the Valley crowd being very generous to Liverpool on 19/5/2001 chanting their name and cheering them off the field.  

By beating us 0-4 on the last day of the season Liverpool reached the qualifying round for the first time since the European Cup was changed to the Champions League in 1992. 

I also remember Charlton being the better team in the first half ... 

Houllier's side rode their luck in the first half at The Valley as Jamie Carragher escaped a penalty appeal for handling in the box and Mathias Svensson headed against the post. But, after the break, the Reds imposed themselves as Robbie Fowler hit a brace and strikes from Danny Murphy and Michael Owen secured a 0-4 win.

• I was at Anfield when Shaun Bartlett scored the winner at the Kop end.

Have that Scousers.
  • Occasionally it’s nice just to enjoy a great game of football, it’s not like Liverpool are going to be our rivals anytime soon.
  • bobmunro said:
    cabbles said:
    Class.  I’ve always been indifferent to Liverpool.  I know a lot of people don’t like them, but the team and Klopp are class.  They’re very good to watch from the neutral’s perspective as well.  Superb night for football 
    I’ve never been indifferent to Liverpool - some of the fans aside (ok a lot of the fans), they are a wonderful football club.

I’ve never got the hate. If you cut me through you will see Charlton Athletic - but Liverpool are the second result I look for. Maybe you need to be of a certain age to understand.
    Perhaps Bob.  Guessing you grew up when they were at their very best.  Maybe similar to how I felt about Man Utd under Fergie.  Grew up watching them as a kid be so dominant playing ruthless football and always wanted them to do well.  

Liverpool I don’t mind.  At the moment, I’m pleased to see them do well because Klopp is a great manager and the team are so good to watch.  

A team/club I can’t stand are Arsenal.  A lot of my mates support them and I tolerate them for their sake, but they are a pathetic club on so many levels 
  • Remember the Valley crowd being very generous to Liverpool on 19/5/2001 chanting their name and cheering them off the field.  

By beating us 0-4 on the last day of the season Liverpool reached the qualifying round for the first time since the European Cup was changed to the Champions League in 1992. 

I also remember Charlton being the better team in the first half ... 

Houllier's side rode their luck in the first half at The Valley as Jamie Carragher escaped a penalty appeal for handling in the box and Mathias Svensson headed against the post. But, after the break, the Reds imposed themselves as Robbie Fowler hit a brace and strikes from Danny Murphy and Michael Owen secured a 0-4 win.
    Really ? Have to say I don't remember Charlton ever chanting another teams name or cheering them off the pitch. Guess the closest would be Burnley & Champions Chants & that was only at their fans because they were supportive re the protests
  • Addickted said:
    I was at Anfield when Shaun Bartlett scored the winner at the Kop end.

Have that Scousers.
    Ive never been to Anfield but that atmosphere tonight looked amazing. Ive been to Old Trafford and Celtic and a few foreign grounds with great atmospheres but hopefully next time Charlton play at Anfield i will go.