Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

CAST interview with Lee Bowyer

2»

Comments

• Options
    I should take some acclaim , a year before he joined us spent an hour or so talking football with him pissed in Portugal on a golf trip telling him how great we were but we had a c**t owner , he said he’d already witnessed that at Birmingham with Carson Yeung .
    he was laid back and relaxed and I probed him re his younger misdemeanours and he held his hands up , good lad Bowyer 

Where's the full write-up? 😉
    X-rated stuff !!
  • Options
    seth plum said:
    Comprehensive interview.
    Proper interview.
    Great interview.

Yes, all right but steady on - we don't want her getting big headed. How hard can it be to record a phone conversation and write it up?

Membership of CAST costs less than 10p per week. You can join here:

https://www.castrust.org/join/

• Options
    Pico said:
    seth plum said:
    Comprehensive interview.
    Proper interview.
    Great interview.

Yes, all right but steady on - we don't want her getting big headed. How hard can it be to record a phone conversation and write it up?

Membership of CAST costs less than 10p per week. You can join here:

https://www.castrust.org/join/

Yes, OK, but apart from comprehensive, proper, great interviews, what has CAST ever done for us?
  • Options
    I should take some acclaim , a year before he joined us spent an hour or so talking football with him pissed in Portugal on a golf trip telling him how great we were but we had a c**t owner , he said he’d already witnessed that at Birmingham with Carson Yeung .
    he was laid back and relaxed and I probed him re his younger misdemeanours and he held his hands up , good lad Bowyer 

Where's the full write-up? 😉
    That was it, Weegie.

Oohaah has already said he was pissed, so surprised he could even remember that much!

• Options
    What a great interview, both from LB and Heather. Lee is certainly focused and I hope that this no lose mentality sees us through to the play-off final and a promotion to The Championship. All we need now is a new owner with ambition and who knows where we could end up.
  • Options
    Great interview. Goosebumps stuff. I do hope he hangs around.
  • Options
    You get the feeling with Bowyer that it's all about building something.

It's not just about the money ...... he's started something here, he's got a backroom he trusts, players who'll run through a brick wall for him.

In his heart, he'll want to continue the good work.
    Let's hope the 'owner' recognises that.

• Options
    rananegra said:
    Brilliant interview @Weegie Addick

Really enjoyed reading it as a glass half empty person myself. I've been saying to myself just to concentrate on the good feelings from each game as we take it. Looking forward to Donny. 

Also a word on how impressed I am with Bowyer. Really wasn't sure when he came in as a coach. Got stick from people when he became manager on the basis of his history. The man has changed, he gets us, is serious and mature and I can't think of anyone I'd rather have in our dugout at the moment (including Pep, Klopp etc). 

Unlike some of our rivals, we have history. I'm hoping we keep Lee Bowyer for some time and he gets to write a few new chapters. Imagine how good we'd be if he was backed financially?

There is only one way that is going to happen, which is for Twoshits to bugger off and crowds to then get back to “normal” thus easing some of the financial burden on the new owners. 
  • Options
    edited May 2019
    Thanks very much, everyone. Still a bit taken aback myself that he managed to turn this realist into an optimist in the space of half an hour!

Do wonder what my late Addick Dad would have thought of me interviewing Charlton's manager. Times like this when you miss them most.

Excellent read

• Options
    Thanks very much, everyone. Still a bit taken aback myself that he managed to turn this realist into an optimist in the space of half an hour!

Do wonder what my late Addick Dad would have thought of me interviewing Charlton's manager. Times like this when you miss them most.
    Weegie, I do love you so & now I just wanna give you a cwtch xxxxxxx
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Great interview Heather. Can’t help but feel more positivity about the way things are going under Lee’s management. Long may it continue!
  • Options
    I have to say, and you do have to factor in the level, but Bowyer's side is as easy on the eye as any Charlton side I can remember. Well done Heather and well done Bowyer.