Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Referees vs Doncaster play off

2»

Comments

• Options
    PeterGage said:
    My last word on the subject. 

Please review the incident on YouTube again please. The Luton goalkeeper did NOT touch Igor. The keeper stretched his full leg, in a vertical position, in free space, in front and across the midriff of Igor. The momentum of Igor took him into the keepers leg, thus stopping the forward movement of Igor. A clear and cynical foul.

The ref then has to decide was it a red card or yellow card. For it to be red, the tackle has to be classed as "excessive force"; for a yellow, it has to classed as "reckless". I personally cannot believe that a " dangled leg" in front of Igor, even as cynical as the foul was, can be classed as excessive. I guess that is how the match ref saw it.

Each person on this site obviously has a right to offer his/her opinion, which may or may not agree/disagree with mine. I respect all views.

I simply offer my views based upon many years experience of refereeing at a senior level (National League) and hope that my views are at least considered. If you then disagree, so be it.

Have a good day  on and all - (from sunny Tobago).
    Genuine question.

Why is it not denying a goal scoring opportunity, what's the difference between that foul and the one Peter Scmeichal did against us in the FA cup all those years ago?

Have a good day from sunny Hartley.
  • Options
    edited May 2019
    PeterGage said:

Please review the incident on YouTube again please. The Luton goalkeeper did NOT touch Igor. The keeper stretched his full leg, in a vertical position, in free space, in front and across the midriff of Igor. The momentum of Igor took him into the keepers leg, thus stopping the forward movement of Igor. A clear and cynical foul.

The ref then has to decide was it a red card or yellow card. For it to be red, the tackle has to be classed as "excessive force"; for a yellow, it has to classed as "reckless". I personally cannot believe that a " dangled leg" in front of Igor, even as cynical as the foul was, can be classed as excessive. I guess that is how the match ref saw it.

Each person on this site obviously has a right to offer his/her opinion, which may or may not agree/disagree with mine. I respect all views.

I simply offer my views based upon many years experience of refereeing at a senior level (National League) and hope that my views are at least considered. If you then disagree, so be it.

Genuine question.

Why is it not denying a goal scoring opportunity, what's the difference between that foul and the one Peter Scmeichal did against us in the FA cup all those years ago?

I'll take this one as this decision I do understand....

It wasn't a goal scoring opportunity because Igor had already got his shot away before the foul.  ie the opportunity no longer existed therefore, by the laws of the game, no red for that.  If Igor had touched it past the keeper rather than shooting then possibly a different outcome.

Given that the ref blew and already had the yellow out while Igor was still airborne, I wonder what would have happened if the ball had dropped the other side of the post?

(Oh, and have a good day from sunny Bracknell..)
  • Options
    edited May 2019
    CatAddick said:9
    PeterGage said:

Genuine question.

It wasn't a goal scoring opportunity because Igor had already got his shot away before the foul.  ie the opportunity no longer existed therefore, by the laws of the game, no red for that.  If Igor had touched it past the keeper rather than shooting then possibly a different outcome.

Given that the ref blew and already had the yellow out while Igor was still airborne, I wonder what would have happened if the ball had dropped the other side of the post?

Mike Reilly disagrees with both of you......if our game in 1999 against Villa where Petterson was sent off. Just re-watched the highlights of the 3-4 match & not a lot of difference between  the 2 incidents. 
  • Options
    CatAddick said:9
    PeterGage said:

Genuine question.

Mike Reilly disagrees with both of you......if our game in 1999 against Villa where Petterson was sent off. Just re-watched the highlights of the 3-4 match & not a lot of difference between  the 2 incidents. 
    I assume you mean Mike Riley! To compare a game in 1999 and today is irrelevant - law interpretations change often. It really matters not what Mike Riley thinks, it is all down to the match referee on the day. I have given my interpretation on why I believe the ref only gave a yellow. People have a right to disagree.

For you to say the referee doesn't  know the laws of the game is very disengenerous.