Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

IGOR - Gone West(erlo) p.10

Comments

• Options
    His instagram story is a video of him at the gym with the caption ‘They thought I was on holiday. Guess what, I’m not’
    I’m not normally one for reading too much into social media posts but that suggests he’s fit for Sunday
    That suggests he's been reading some of the comments about himself too!

It will be interesting how serious his injury actually is, did Bowyer decide that rather than risk him for the semi, that it would be better for Igor to have a longer break.
  • Options
    His instagram story is a video of him at the gym with the caption ‘They thought I was on holiday. Guess what, I’m not’
    I’m not normally one for reading too much into social media posts but that suggests he’s fit for Sunday

Cracking news. He should keep himself fit but with this being the last game of the season I think he means the same thing!

You know what, I really like Igor. He would need to take a pay cut but he seems likeable and fits in well, would definitely keep him. 
  • Options
    I'd start Parker and make a sub at HT to phsyche them out.
  • Options
    That suggests he's been reading some of the comments about himself too!

It will be interesting how serious his injury actually is, did Bowyer decide that rather than risk him for the semi, that it would be better for Igor to have a longer break.
    Could be a double bluff, bowyer making Sunderland waste time preparing to face him
  • Options
    I think this is a good point. Not a slight on Parker who has done well recently, but if you bring him on and he goes off you lose attacking options. 
  • Options
    Be a good boost to have both Igor & Reeves back in the matchday squad....so the bench doesn't consist of the likes of Page & Forster Caskey who haven't played all year (& have basically been making up the numbers whilst we had injuries).

Expect Sunderland will have McGeady in their squad. We need our players to also put their bodies on the line for this one.....which they usually do.

• Options
    Looks like Igor and McGeady starting would be risks by both clubs if it happens.
  • Options
    Major said:
    wmcf123 said:
    wmcf123 said:
    Ben18 said:
    Igor was in the changing room after the game jumping up and down to “twist and shout”

Fingers crossed he’ll be back
    We have missed him badly. Parker is willing but really has zero quality
    He doesn’t have zero quality.....that’s insultingly OTT.
    He does have some.......just not as much as Igor.
    We’ll agree to disagree; by the way, I don’t dislike Parker at all. He’s put in an amazing shift in the last three games 

Yes, he has indeed put in a shift.. No doubting his work ethic. Due to the cock up ( Not our fault) in the January Transfer window, he has been cast in a role that is not natural to him. He is not a striker.  But he is working his backside off for the team. His back flick for Aribo to score  v. Rochdale was excellent. I would love to see him nod in the winner at Wembley. And then we add a couple more, just to ease the heart rate, of course.
    From what Steve Gallen said in January he sees Parker as a striker:

"I always knew Josh as a number 9, running in behind. He’s been playing as a 10 at times for Gillingham, in the whole at the top of the diamond and also a left winger. We’ve looked for someone who is a bit versatile and we’ll continue to look for another attacking player to complement that."
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Hope he is fit, slight concern it usually takes him a few games for sharpness and he does not have that but he has not been out long
  • Options
    The gym the video is taken from looks like the Belgium physio he's been to
  • Options
    He always takes a couple of games to find a groove after an injury break... hoping that’s not the case on Sunday.
  • Options
    Just nice to have another striker available so Taylor shouldn't have to play up top on his own at any point. Well until Pratley comes on at least. 
  • Options
    He last played at Gillingham on 27th April, not too long ago but the key is the match sharpness.

Solly sat out longer between his red card at Oxford on 19th April and the second leg last Friday (17th)
  • Options
    COYIgor
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Heard he missed training today. Any news?
  • Options
    That's what Bowyer said, hoped he would train but didn't
  • Options
    Maybe just a bit of pre match confusion. 
  • Options
    He isn’t going to start but would be surprised if he isn’t on the bench. Maybe it’s Igor himself who doesn’t want to risk anything. 

Hes probably going to be without a club in a few weeks and the last thing he will want is a couple of months out and the inability to pass a medical when clubs are forming their squads. 
  • Options
    We're probably paying his significant wages until end of June. So if told to play he should get his finger out - plus who doesn't want to play on the Wembley turf?
  • Options
    Definitely not playing on Sunday, wasn’t training Friday 
  • Options
    edited May 2019
    A fan from the Charlton facebook group bumped into him this morning and it sounds as though he will be involved. 
  • Options
    Definitely not playing on Sunday, wasn’t training Friday 
    So not definite then.