Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

IGOR - Gone West(erlo) p.10

Comments

• Yes, I see it that way. If he is out for the play offs it might as well be announced as it is significant and fans are concerned so maybe not as bad as reported.
    Yeah, I'd give Donny a call and tell them the extent of the injury.
    Then I'd tell them the starting 11, the subs and planned formation. 
    Thanks Robbo.
  • edited May 2019
    When players are definitely out with a significant injury, it is normally announced. I see the fact that it hasn't been as good news. I don't think Ajax were wondering whether Kane might be playing or Barca were factoring in Salah.
  • edited May 2019
    I think they will already be fully aware of that. In fact Henry, if you were to give them a full assessment and I knew they would take notice of it, i'd pay you to do it! Sadly, they will have experienced paid scouts doing that for them.
  • his wife just instagrammed a photo of there daughters last day of school saying that who knows where they will be in september and she is sure she will adapt. 

parker it is in the playoffs 
  • I think they will already be fully aware of that. In fact Henry, if you were to give them a full assessment and I knew they would take notice of it, i'd pay you to do it! Sadly, they will have experienced paid scouts doing that for them.
    Whoosh
  • his wife just instagrammed a photo of there daughters last day of school saying that who knows where they will be in september and she is sure she will adapt. 

He's out of contract regardless of his fitness now.

• Sponsored links:

Why? That doesn’t give us any clue as to if he’s fit for the play offs . At 12K a week he was never going to be here next season .
    the video of the players training and igor not being there was a bit of give away

Why? That doesn’t give us any clue as to if he’s fit for the play offs . At 12K a week he was never going to be here next season .
    the video of the players training and igor not being there was a bit of give away
    Or maybe Igor was training with the rest of the squad but just kept hidden whilst the cameras were rolling?

If you're trying to convince the oppo that your striker is injured and requires a leg transplant there's no point showing him sprinting round the pitch and working on the tactics for Sunday.

I'm not saying that's definitely the case and Igor isn't injured but if you're going to indulge in a bit of "fake news" by saying he's crook you don't then show footage that immediately contradicts that message!

"Igor, go and hide behind that tree, that'll fool them!"
    It'd be easier to hide behind His Royal Sarrness, BeckenSarr the Enforcer!
  • How things have changed. Two months ago the bloke was roundly put down by most on here, as a complete waste of space, slow and one of the worst strikers ever. Now, we are all hoping and praying he is fit as we desperately need him in the side. I was always a pro IGOR by the way. 
  • According to Bowyer he's still struggling so probably won't be involved, but that doesn't sound like a "12 weeks out"
  • How things have changed. Two months ago the bloke was roundly put down by most on here, as a complete waste of space, slow and one of the worst strikers ever. Now, we are all hoping and praying he is fit as we desperately need him in the side. I was always a pro IGOR by the way. 
    I think the concern was that he wouldnt ever get back to full fitness (i.e. the Igor we first had when he arrived @ Charlton)

Whenever he seemed to get back into the team (Walsall away) he'd break down again with another injury
  • Bows says he is struggling, so won’t be playing Sunday as a minimum.

Strange to see how many are saying we will miss him after some of the comments made after he tried to fill in for Grant. But miss him we will.

We need a positive song for Parker to give him a lift.
    In fairness I don't think his ability was questioned but yes his fitness (or lack of it for a full time professional) certainly was.
  • Sponsored links:

• Obviously we'll miss Igor as he was playing well. AND it leaves us with just 2 strikers

A glut of midfielders though.
  • Redrobo said:
    Bows says he is struggling, so won’t be playing Sunday as a minimum.

Strange to see how many are saying we will miss him after some of the comments made after he tried to fill in for Grant. But miss him we will.

I get the positive thing, but I think we really will be on the pitch if he does score
  • edited May 2019
    In Weegie's interview (q.v.), Bowyer says Igor's thigh "tightened up" in training on Thursday.  He doesn't sound worried. 
    Long time since we had a q.v. on here. I try to avoid using obscure phrases on CL but I am considering a volte face. :smiley:
    I'm quite fond of an ibid myself and never pass up the chance of an ipso facto or tempus fugit but I must say I'm impressed by the q.v.
  • Yes, I see it that way. If he is out for the play offs it might as well be announced as it is significant and fans are concerned so maybe not as bad as reported.
    Yeah, I'd give Donny a call and tell them the extent of the injury.
    Then I'd tell them the starting 11, the subs and planned formation. 
    So you really are Karl Robinson in disguise?
  • Redrobo said:

"If Parker scores, we're on the pitch.
    If Parker scores, we're on the pitch."
  • Redrobo said:

"If Parker scores, we're on the pitch.
    If Parker scores, we're on the pitch."
    Not exactly going to boost his confidence, though, is it?
    It will if he's a fan of the pitch invasion.
  • Thought he had a good game last weekend. Like Lee Bowyer said, his workrate is great, he got an assist and could have scored a couple. He's not the finished article, but compared to Ajose he makes an effort. If he plays, get behind him.
  • Glad that Forster-Caskey is also fully fit still

Was really surprised he missed out on the bench for Rochdale and was worried he'd picked up another injury