Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

IGOR - Gone West(erlo) p.10

Comments

• In Weegie's interview (q.v.), Bowyer says Igor's thigh "tightened up" in training on Thursday.  He doesn't sound worried. 
  • Igor waved goodbye at the end of the Rochdale game in the manner of a bloke who knew he wouldn’t be playing at the Valley again.

Hope he is fit but I’m not holding my breath. 
    I noticed that too. Definitely seemed to be waving goodbye.

A shame as i'd like us to sign him up again if we get promoted.
    I think even at a significantly reduced salary in either division, his injury record doesn't make him worth re-signing.
  • edited May 2019
    Put him on a Say what you See deal.....

*Pay as you Play
  • I have noticed that Bowyer likes to keep opponents guessing. This does feel quite elaborate, but you wouldn't put it past him. :)
  • I have noticed that Bowyer likes to keep opponents guessing. This does feel quite elaborate, but you wouldn't put it past him. :)
    Especially given poor Igor's injury record over the last few years where he's barely been able to string a dozen matches together without going crook again.

He's played a few games alongside Taylor recently and now he's "injured" ... why wouldn't the oppo manager not believe that?

What price Donny being hit by the Tay-gor Express on Sunday?
  • He will play or he is gone----12 weeks means nothing
  • edited May 2019
    Igor was holding his newborn baby so I don't think you can read too much into him waving. 
    The baby didn’t knock a couple of goals in like Taylor’s kid though ......get rid.
  • Sark99 said:
    I am not sure about Igor being fit for the play offs, all I know is I won’t be available for the matches.
    Gutted Sark. Really think you could have done a job up front alongside Taylor. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Igor was holding his newborn baby so I don't think you can read too much into him waving. 
    The baby didn’t knock a couple of goals in like Taylor’s kid though ......get rid.
    It was his nephew.
  • In Weegie's interview (q.v.), Bowyer says Igor's thigh "tightened up" in training on Thursday.  He doesn't sound worried. 
    Long time since we had a q.v. on here. I try to avoid using obscure phrases on CL but I am considering a volte face. :smiley:
  • Am I the only one who sees that ‘Igor exit’ is an anagram for ‘orgie tix’ 

Are orgy ticks a thing?

Bloody playoffs,... I do lose it a bit 
  • All the players were waving. I can’t describe what it was about Igor that worried me exactly, hope I’m wrong but it looked like a goodbye not a see you soon. 
    Confirmation bias I expect.
  • Is Ajose's loan to Mansfield over?  I know he came back injured (4-6 weeks on 4th April) but if fit, is he available?
  • Is Ajose's loan to Mansfield over?  I know he came back injured (4-6 weeks on 4th April) but if fit, is he available?
    No. Otherwise players would just have to an fake injury to play for their parent club again.
    Does he buy into Bowyer's ethos? Will he give 100% in training and matches?

I doubt we'll see Ajose again.

• edited May 2019
    I think he is injured anyway. I heard he needed an op.

What would be nice would be for Fosu to knock on Bowyer's door and say he would like to help his teammates get promoted in any way he can. Can't see it happening but it would be nice.
  • Shame, he would've been our saviour like last year.
  • I think he is injured anyway. I heard he needed an op.

What would be nice would be for Fosu to knock on Bowyer's door and say he would like to help his teammates get promoted in any way he can. Can't see it happening but it would be nice.
    He can't reach Bowyer's door from his holiday hotel room.
  • Sponsored links:

• Dazzler21 said:
    Chizz said:
    Can anyone confirm what a wave that says "I may still be available for some or all of the play-offs" looks like? 
    Looked to me like he was just waving but then there was a slight twist of his hand that may have meant I'll never play again.
    I have slowed down the footage and looked closely. You can see as he twists the hand he was tapping his finger and thumb like some sort of Morse code.
    I see where your coming from OR.
    The last time I saw that was Dot cotton AKA the caddy in LOD and sad news is he never played for the police team again after that  :(
    No, any PL/EFL loans run until June. 
  • Wasn't his scan yesterday? Do we know anything yet or is it likely to be kept quiet to keep them guessing.
  • Talal said:
    Wasn't his scan yesterday? Do we know anything yet or is it likely to be kept quiet to keep them guessing.
    It's due in September  ;)
  • It seems strange there is no official announcement. 
  • It seems strange there is no official announcement. 
    No news is good news. It was probably just a routine scan. No need to announce everything. 
  • Yes, I see it that way. If he is out for the play offs it might as well be announced as it is significant and fans are concerned so maybe not as bad as reported.
  • agree with Junior, neither manager will give anything away with regard to line ups except for false news
  • Yes, I see it that way. If he is out for the play offs it might as well be announced as it is significant and fans are concerned so maybe not as bad as reported.
    Yeah, I'd give Donny a call and tell them the extent of the injury.
    Then I'd tell them the starting 11, the subs and planned formation.