Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Official thread for Charlton tickets sold v Donny: SOLD OUT OF ALL THE BLOODY TICKETS.

Comments

• Options
    If we are possibly getting 3800 tickets for Donny away why are the club asking for people with 300 loyalty points ??? There can’t be many who actually have that amount . 100 points would have been a better figure.
    230 for a season ticket plus 7 away matches isn't that high a threshold, and VG season ticket holders become eligible in the afternoon, so that will be a decent number of people for tomorrow
  • Options
    cafc_se7 said:
    A lot of the East and West stand regulars will be put off by the early KO IMO
    Why?
  • Options
    smurfd said:
    Not sure what is going on in the ticket office,
     I tried to ring on Saturday  10 30 to renew my s/t just an answer machine saying office closed. I have purchased 2 S/T for the last 10 years next to each other myself and my brother,
     I could renew one but not the other. then wanted to purchase 2 tickets for the Donny game Home leg for my son's who normally come as well on a match by match basis,

I could not purchase tickets for our season ticket seats because they were locked IE greyed out. Then I got a message saying my seat had been reserved for the Donny home match but not the other s/t seat so now after paying 3 different transaction fees one of us will have to sit in the West stand seperately  
    It's not clear, but when you log in and purchase donny tickets (home) you have to select the left hand menu button which brings a drop down and one of the options there are your reserved seats.
  • Options
    edited May 2019
    I too smell something fishy 're the home tickets. I went online last night & bought our 2. Golfie Jnr has a season ticket & although that was available there were none left next to it.......a whole line of 10 seats along that row were completely gone. I know for a fact that at least 4 seats directly next to his are not taken up by  season ticket holders & on 9 out of 10 occasions this season I have managed to buy the seat next to him. I was flabagasted that the day after the tickets went on sale a whole 10 seats in the most expensive part of the ground (East stand, block F) had all been taken. Something is not right.
  • Options
    I too smell something fishy 're the home tickets. I went online last night & bought our 2. Golfie Jnr has a season ticket & although that was available there were none left next to it.......a whole line of 10 seats along that row were completely gone. I know for a fact that at least 4 seats directly next to his are not taken up by  season ticket holders & on 9 out of 10 occasions this season I have managed to buy the seat next to him. I was flabagasted that the day after the tickets went on sale a whole 10 seats in the most expensive part of the ground (East stand, block F) had all been taken. Something is not right.
    Yes, just checking my block East Stand E, it's nearly sold out already which I find very surprising, including many seats near me which are always empty other than Football for a £5 type games.
  • Options
    I would ask everybody to join hands and pray at approximately 11am this morning. I'm going to try and cancel my trip to Scotland (and get a refund) so i can take my rightful place in the Covered end.
  • Options
    Its all b@llocks golfie , didn't the same thing happen this time last year.
    So we are saying in two days we've nearly sold as many as the whole attendance for the play off game against Shrewsbury.
    If it is true were looking at an attendance of over 20000.
    We achieve promotion old Roland won't be going anywhere soon.
  • Options
    If we are possibly getting 3800 tickets for Donny away why are the club asking for people with 300 loyalty points ??? There can’t be many who actually have that amount . 100 points would have been a better figure.
    Possibly because they were also selling 13,000 home tickets.
    So it spreads the overall sales more evenly ?
    Surely there is more need to sell the away tickets at present.

They could have started selling the home tickets on Wednesday.
    Except they've been able to sell 13,000 home tickets in 2 days and couldn't sell any aways until 2pm today, presumably having them couriered from Doncaster.

The staff would have had nowt to do for 2 days if they had waited.
    Fair comment.
  • Options
    Yes the map says 3000 home tickets left.
    But you need to add 2500 blocked out for East & West
    Plus S/T holder seats not sold, which could be substantial, going by people on here who couldn't work out how to buy their seats, so bought close by, so 2,500.

So 24,000 available minus 8,000 = 16,000 sold.
    So there's a discrepancy of at least 3,000 with what Olly said.
    Mind you I'm sure Olly is right.

NB I'm still confident anyone who wants a ticket home or away will get one.

Map now says 2500 left. North Upper & Lower sold out.
    Remember that ST holders have until tonight to claim their seats so those seats will currently say 'sold' even though they may not be. Although obviously you'd expect at least 99% of ST holders to go to a home play off game.
  • Options
    The only thing I can think of is people buying theirs plus up 2 more (I think) for friends and family 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Weren’t season ticket seats still being held yesterday? So looks like sold but might not be?
  • Options
    clb74 said:
    Its all b@llocks golfie , didn't the same thing happen this time last year.
    So we are saying in two days we've nearly sold as many as the whole attendance for the play off game against Shrewsbury.
    If it is true were looking at an attendance of over 20000.
    We achieve promotion old Roland won't be going anywhere soon.
    If we don’t win promotion we are well and truly in the shit.
  • Options
    Season ticket holders seats are held to 9pm tonight. So we'll get an accurate assessment then as to the number of seats available. But on the face of it, it looks like being a much higher attendance than many of us thought it would be. 
  • Options
    What time does the queueing system usually kick in?  I’m on the site ready 
  • Options
    cabbles said:
    What time does the queueing system usually kick in?  I’m on the site ready 
    Might have just been for the first day as I've never had to sit in a queue again
  • Options
    Rob7Lee said:
    smurfd said:
    Not sure what is going on in the ticket office,
     I tried to ring on Saturday  10 30 to renew my s/t just an answer machine saying office closed. I have purchased 2 S/T for the last 10 years next to each other myself and my brother,
     I could renew one but not the other. then wanted to purchase 2 tickets for the Donny game Home leg for my son's who normally come as well on a match by match basis,

I could not purchase tickets for our season ticket seats because they were locked IE greyed out. Then I got a message saying my seat had been reserved for the Donny home match but not the other s/t seat so now after paying 3 different transaction fees one of us will have to sit in the West stand seperately  
    It's not clear, but when you log in and purchase Donny tickets (home) you have to select the left hand menu button which brings a drop down and one of the options there are your reserved seats.

Thanks I did get the one that was reserved for me that way, but that is the trouble, it is only recognising one seat,
     I purchase 2 season tickets every year one for me and one for my brother, last year they said that seat belongs to someone else who we have never heard of took an hour on the phone to a supervisor to get me the same seat I have sat in for 10 years,
     now again  this year I asked my brother he said he had not heard anything either Ironically both S/T have my name on them.
  • Options
    Because they have to at least make it look like the points are worth having. A bit like Easyjet speedy boarding when they are just desperate to get everyone on the plane - you just paid a tenner for 30 seconds head start.
    Is this now the official "Speedy boarding is just a way to part a mug from their money" thread?
  • Options
    Just to add, even online now I am 789th in a queue get on the site. hey ho.
  • Options
    smurfd said:
    If everyone ine of them is buying 2 they should go quick
  • Options
    smurfd said:
    You’re the only one buying tickets, the other 788 are just monitoring sales numbers :-)

i just tried and got no. 1524 in the queue!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Been away all weekend at a rural location with no wi-fi and hardly any phone coverage. Jumped on the ticketing site in a panic this morning. Only 2 seats in North left (upper). East Stand block F only singles. Got 4 together block E about 3 rows from the front otherwise limited options.
  • Options
    Is the North Upper actually sold out or is this a glitch? Could someone confirm?
  • Options
    Is the North Upper actually sold out or is this a glitch? Could someone confirm?
    Season ticket holders seats are being held until 9pm tonight . If they don't take them up they will be available for general sale 

Otherwise if the system is to believed all the seats that are usually on general sale have already gone 
  • Options
    3862 in the queue

2526 in front of me.
  • Options
    The problem is the 'information' on the website conflicts with both common sense and reported sales. Despite the website being the first port of information for thousands there are not the resources to clean it up and update the information.
    This leads to confusion and for a lot of people many many hours wasted.
    It would be good if the club was more current and precise and reliable, but with Keohane in charge doing nothing, that won't happen.
    It is more important to be concerned about driving the free club car from Winchmore Hill and fretting over parking and recharging it.
    At Charlton under this regime the motto is 'the customer is always chite'.
  • Options
    Is the ticket office open yet does anyone know. Thanks 
  • Options
    Is the ticket office open yet does anyone know. Thanks 
    Not in person it's not, only online and phone orders.
  • Options
    I thought the Covered End up was sold out, and forgot about the ST hold, anyway, in a quadrant, so easy enough to mooch in and stand in the Upper

• Options
    I would ask everybody to join hands and pray at approximately 11am this morning. I'm going to try and cancel my trip to Scotland (and get a refund) so i can take my rightful place in the Covered end.
    I'll be on me knees by 10.59 ((:>)
  • Options
    Sold out.

:)