Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Another statement from Roland on the OS

Comments

• Options
    So why agree to pay for decent players to keep us up , when he can really properly hurt us by taking us down or is he trying to keep us sellable by not going down but we are unsellable at his ridiculous price 
    Bowyer was given a budget and a lack of interference because Duchatelet had lost interest. He is trying to sell the club so he didn't have much of a choice. Within that budget were a few high wages from our Championship days for players nobody wanted to buy or pay what they were getting here. Under those circumstances, what Bowyer has done has been incredible. I don't think there is a more fitting word.
    But he reduced that budget half way through the season.
  • Options
    To Mametz,you have a knack of completely mis interpretating posts.Read what I have said,I believe that he is now totally pissed off with the success the club is having and the fact that management players and fans are as one.He in my opinion has issued this statement as a wind up to get people talking about him again rather than have supporters being on a high due to recent acheievements.Nowhere have I indicated that he should not be slated for his stewardship of the club.It would have been better in my opinion to ignore his statement and get on with enjoying the moment.There is only one thing that matters now and it is not reading the provocative rantings of someone who has no affection for the club whatsoever.
  • Options
    Unbelievable....what an arse that man is.
  • Options

How would he like it if someone had stayed at one of his hotels, then mentioned and praised a competitor on a review of his business?

Just a thought.

• Options
    To Mametz,you have a knack of completely mis interpretating posts.Read what I have said,I believe that he is now totally pissed off with the success the club is having and the fact that management players and fans are as one.He in my opinion has issued this statement as a wind up to get people talking about him again rather than have supporters being on a high due to recent acheievements.Nowhere have I indicated that he should not be slated for his stewardship of the club.It would have been better in my opinion to ignore his statement and get on with enjoying the moment.There is only one thing that matters now and it is not reading the provocative rantings of someone who has no affection for the club whatsoever.
    I clearly haven’t misinterpreted your post. You have gone even further in this latest post where you have stated that people shouldn’t even read what Roland has said or written.

I think what you are trying to say is that it would be better to concentrate on the excellent performances of the team rather than the mad ramblings of Roland. The trouble is that it is impossible to ignore a man who has the very existence of our club in his hands. I do not believe that these statements are made out of spite but rather they are the genuine beliefs of someone who is on the “ spectrum “. He really does believe that he is a genius and cannot understand why other people can’t recognise that. He does think that a pimply youth in front of a computer is the best way to scout talent, he does think that we want to watch the premier stars of tomorrow briefly playing for our team, and he almost certainly thinks that Bowyer can be replaced by someone at half the price. I don’t think he feels vindictive towards Charlton fans in general because only 2 per cent disagree with him. He is a nutcase with a messiah complex. That is very worrying.

I’m genuinely pleased that you are enjoying watching Charlton winning at the moment and like you I would love to see us get promoted at Wembley. However, I can’t rid myself of the nagging feeling that win or lose we will be Bowyerless, Ariboless etc etc before next season kicks off.
  • Options
    Whatever communication Bow, Jacko & Gallen receive between now and the final game of the season, whatever the outcome, they'd all be justified in telling the septic old fistula just what a graceless (word the moderators request we don't type anymore), very loudly and very forcefully, pointing out that the success of their CAFC team this season has been achieved in no small part through the support and activity of precisely the people roly blames for Wilder choosing SheffU.
    Wilder going to Sheffield was entirely uncontentious.  He'd have taken that job even if it had come up weeks or months later - he's Blades thru and thru.  But the malignant meddler knows the square root of naff all about football,  cares barely a tenth of that for Charlton and is respected by precisely nobody.
    Just sell up and go away.
    If I heard he'd fallen down the stairs and broken his scraggy neck, I'll make sure to go to the funeral to make sure he's dead.
  • Options
    To Mametz,I share the concern of everyone that the heart of our club could disappear in a flash,It would be tragedy because it is obvious that the players and staff we have at the moment are really happy being at our club.The contrasts possible are too painful to think about,get promoted and hope we keep it all together,or lose in the play offs and see it all fall apart.Dont know if my nerves can take the next few weeks,it was bad enough last time when I was 20 years younger.At the moment I take 11 tablets a day for Parkinsons,blood pressure and cholestral problems,will consult gp to see if a temporary doubling of dosage will help me survive.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Can we not contact Wilder for his take on this shyte?
  • Options
    At the moment I take 11 tablets a day for Parkinsons,blood pressure and cholestral problems,will consult gp to see if a temporary doubling of dosage will help me survive.
    'Kin hell.

And there was me thinking I was in a bad way at the moment.
  • Options
    Its all right when you stop shaking,hence the concern over the next  few weeks,will buy the seat to my left as dont want to keep digging someone in the ribs.
  • Options
    We need to find a way of making him think he's won when he clearly hasn't.

Can be too difficult. Blokes a Twonk.
  • Options
    Maybe we can tell him we will erect a statue of him in the stadium if he sells. We don't have to tell him it would be a small one we put in one of the urinals!
  • Options
    Maybe we can tell him we will erect a statue of him in the stadium if he sells. We don't have to tell him it would be a small one we put in one of the urinals!
    You mean fashioned after the famous one in Brussels?  I like it!
  • Options
    Le Vinegar Pis...
  • Options
    Stickers of Roland in every urinal....don’t let us down @CARD
  • Options
    Especially in the loos used by the gentlemen of the press!
  • Options
    edited May 2019
    Fumbluff said:
    Stickers of Roland in every urinal....don’t let us down @CARD
    If anybody wants to do some, here is a template. Might be better as magnets as not fair on staff to have to remove stickers :) Point would be made in a non destructive way.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    To Mametz,really appreciated your email,I thoroughly enjoy the banter which I share with you and others on the forum,everybody has their own opinions ,the world would be a dull old place if we all agreed with each other.My health is ok,I am 75 and have had Parkinsons for a few years,it does not stop me playing golf 2-3 times a week or indulging myself in my guitars and other musical instruments.I was in Ypres last year for a WW1 tour,very humbling to try to understand what all those young men endured,some excellent bars in the town.I will actually be coming down to Wales soon for a weekend at the Celtic Manor Golf resort.
    Andy,I look forward to some more banter with you in the future,we both have our club at heart
    All the best
    Ray
  • Options
    Wonder if he will turn up at Wembley....if we get there.
  • Options
    Wonder if he will turn up at Wembley....if we get there.
    I doubt it, he'd be too scared, unless he was smuggled in and out in a laundry basket.
  • Options
    He will probably turn up and take the credit for us being there.
  • Options
    At the fans forum LDT said Roland wouldn't be there but he, LDT, would.
  • Options
    I doubt he has heard of Wembley
  • Options
    Roland: 'Wembley? Charlton? Is that guy Bart still in charge at Charlton? Huh.'
  • Options
    28th April - Sheff Utd promoted to the Prem
    6th May - RD congratulates Chris Wilder on getting Sheff Utd promoted to have a dig at Charlton fans
    26th May - Charlton win promotion to the Champ
    30th May - Unless I've missed it the club RD hasn't commented at all on our promotion. We've been able to offer new deals to four players though and sign up some u23s.

Unique meaning weird.
  • Options
    edited May 2019
    Scoham said:
    28th April - Sheff Utd promoted to the Prem
    6th May - RD congratulates Chris Wilder on getting Sheff Utd promoted to have a dig at Charlton fans
    26th May - Charlton win promotion to the Champ
    30th May - Unless I've missed it the club RD hasn't commented at all on our promotion. We've been able to offer new deals to four players though and sign up some u23s.

Unique meaning weird.
    There was a statement on the site after the match. Clearly as a result of the reaction to the Wilder one, but it was there: https://www.cafc.co.uk/news/view/5ceaca863909c/a-message-from-charlton-athletic-owner-roland-duchatelet
  • Options
    Fair enough, I thought someone mentioned a statement but never saw that posted anywhere.