Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Another statement from Roland on the OS

Comments

• I agree, @KBslittlesis  
    Not a good way to incentivise protest-minded fans who've waited until the last day of earlybird to buy STs.

Just another example of how out of touch he is with the realities of a public-facing business.
  • I suspect that Katrien Meire is paid as a consultant to write this kind of bullshit
  • edited May 2019
    This is becoming even more concerning now! Like many others are now beginning to see, and as I have articulated for over a year now, this is all about revenge and spite from Duchatelet. He's simply playing an elongated and sadistic game with us and the club now.

He has no interest in any success for us and has purposely issued this statement in an attempt to quell our (fans') playoff euphoria! He will have someone reading this forum and reporting back to him. He'll be revelling in the angst and pain that he's causing us.

Apologies if my record needs changing, but I'll say it again; he will ensure that he has the last laugh!! 
  • This is becoming even more concerning now! Like many others are now beginning to see, and as I have articulated for over a year now, this is all about revenge and spite from Duchatelet. He's simply playing an elongated and sadistic game with us and the club now.

He has no interest in any success for us and has purposely issued this statement in an attempt to quell our (fans') playoff euphoria! He will have someone reading this forum and reporting back to him. He'll be revelling in the angst and pain that he's causing us.

Apologies if my record needs changing, but I'll say it again; he will ensure that he has the last laugh!! 
    100%
  • edited May 2019
    With the demise of good comedy on TV nowadays, I have to rely on reading Katrien Meire's quote over and over to have a good laugh this bank holiday. You know the one. 'Roland doesn't do failure'. Vivant, football, and whatever else you do next Roland, you will fail because you have lost your marbles! Employing arse lickers who won't tell you that doesn't make it not true.

• Apologies if my record needs changing, but I'll say it again; he will ensure that he has the last laugh!! 
    He may think he might, but he won't.
  • He is the one losing millions. If he wants to lose a lot more more, not sure he can laugh too loudly. 
  • I give up. The man is just not on the same planet. Not a mention if LB, JJ etc. Never really hated anyone as much as I hate this conniving bastard. What did we ever do to deserve this lying, conniving, sociopathic ‘man’?
  • I could pull you up on using conniving twice, but he deserves it. I will pull you up on using lying and bastard only once instead!
  • Sponsored links:

• I think he wants Bowyer to resign.
  • Uboat said:
    I think he wants Bowyer to resign.
    Probably not far off the mark.
    Accept my contract or I'll find some no-mark who will
  • there needs be a new entry in the dictionary... I don't know what the word is in Flemish or whatever language he speaks but my god... what a Lying Tosser.
  • edited May 2019
    I’m going to try for:

liegen klootzak en voltooi kut

(I hope this translates as lying arsehole and complete )
  • This is becoming even more concerning now! Like many others are now beginning to see, and as I have articulated for over a year now, this is all about revenge and spite from Duchatelet. He's simply playing an elongated and sadistic game with us and the club now.

I said it nearly two years ago and I stick to it every single leak every single action is spite vindictive and planned 
  • I’d like to see CARD and CAST respond to this formally but also use it to implore all fans to attend the Doncaster game to reinforce to RD what he could have had from fans if he chose to run this as as a proper football club. Show him that the fans are there and it’s him making it otherwise. 

I said it nearly two years ago and I stick to it every single leak every single action is spite vindictive and planned 
    What's he trying to achieve here then? Have a laugh at comments on forums and social media?
  • edited May 2019
    This is becoming even more concerning now! Like many others are now beginning to see, and as I have articulated for over a year now, this is all about revenge and spite from Duchatelet. He's simply playing an elongated and sadistic game with us and the club now.

Except that every time he speaks it is more and more obvious to more and more people that he is a ridiculous person. Take the proposal to sell the club to the EFL, for example. There is no calculation or intelligence behind that. It was the outburst of a fool.

You credit him with qualities he doesn’t have and demonstrates that he does not have every time he appears in public.
    I think the problem people may have is that how can somebody as successful as Duchatelet has been be such a raving lunatic? The thing is, we all know people can lose the plot and all the evidence points to this. He is ridiculous and he reacts to things like a child would. It is deeply worrying. How can somebody who thinks selling the club to the EFL is a viable option worth pursuing be relied upon to come up with a sensible price. He comes up with a cloud cuckoo land price because that is the world he now clearly inhabits.
  • Sponsored links:

• Goodness know how we get Roland out of the door, he’s so stupid he’s dangerous.
  • Daft tosser should be sectioned.
  • He will do the very opposite we all want him to do

every single thing he is doing to right now is like a  cat with a caught mouse or bird 

it’s toying with us until he is bored 

bowyer will be his last act 

bowyer will leave soon 

RD knows he is the link between fans and club 

• I'm on dangerous ground now but does RD want Bowyer to leave because he would see that as quid pro quo because the fans made his muse Katrien leave ?

The one common link between wealthy folk like Murdock, Green and even Roland is they can't stand being shown up. Agree they hate to lose money but their ego being bashed isn't far behind. 

I really can't see anyone fighting our corner from within the club since Richard Murray went rogue.
  • CatAddick said:
    I think it’s less and less about the money and spite is becoming the overriding reason.  If a dozen people tell you roughly the same what they’re prepared to pay for something surely there must be an ulterior reason for trebling the price?  No-one is that stupid.

Wife:  “Are you going to get rid of those old football programmes?”

Man: “Yes dear, I’ll put them on ebay”. Asks around and finds going rate is about £200.  Puts them on ebay for £600

Two years pass.

Wife: “Those programmes are still in the loft, I thought you were going to sell them?”

Man: “I am darling, but they’re much more difficult to sell than buy.  Look at how many views my ebay has had, I am trying. (sotto voce)....honest”
    Final offer £100 and I'm starving myself.  
  • Oi Roland, sign up Bowyer, JJ and Gallen, sign up Bauer, Aribo and as many more players Bowyer wants. Then sell the license, the valley, sparrows lane for £10 someone who can fund £5m a year losses for two years. Ask then only for £10m a year for every year in the next 10 years we are in the premiership.

Way more than you deserve but please please go, 
  • Roland suggested that Wilder felt ‘threatened’ by Charlton fans, and so chose not to take the job, to ROT members at his farm/new hotel in St Truiden last year. 
  • Nothing wrong with Roland's memory then!

Problem is, none of us was a fly on the wall during Roland's discussion with Wilder.  Who knows what excuse Wilder may have come up with if he was trying to get out of a verbal agreement with Roland, which he could see came with baggage, in order to be available for the - to him - more appealing prospect of managing Sheffield?

Don't get me wrong, I detest Roland's ownership as much as any Addick, but let us not be blinded to the possibility that he has got some of his fixed ideas about the fans from being lied to by others.  After all, his remote "management" has always made him dependent on the reports of others, such as KM, who have had their own agendas.