Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Another statement from Roland on the OS

Comments

• { }

Weird, meaning unique.
  • edited May 2019
    The bizarre thing is there are big hitters on CL that still think it's all about money for Duchatelet and he hasn't got a spiteful bone in his body !.

Obviously it's 98% money but if you can't see the 2% spite then you are blind.

• But the 98% about money is what we have to cling to if we are to see the end of this complete tool!
  • CatAddick said:
    Hopefully all the people who keep saying that he's too much of a businessman to be vindictive will open their eyes a little.

Calculated statement to wind up the fans.  He knows exactly what he's doing and why.  (actually selling the club appears not to be one of the things on his agenda, just pretending to)

How Bowyer has stuck it out so long I really don't know.  If my boss had stood up and praised a rival at another company for doing the same job whilst ignoring me I'd have been texting the job agencies before l left the room...
    He probably already has, and who could blame him. 
  • This this is hardly what we need going into the three most important matches of the season - is it?

How many other owners have issued congratulatory messages to managers at clubs in a different division?
  • What a petty and risible statement. The man is a pathetic troll.

The 2% of his time that he apparently devotes to us would be better deployed in prising open his wallet and offering reasonable contracts to Lee Bowyer, Jacko and Marshall.
  • edited May 2019
    This this is hardly what we need going into the three most important matches of the season - is it?

How many other owners have issued congratulatory messages to managers at clubs in a different division?
    Whilst completely failing to mention the ‘stupendous achievement’ of his own manager.

• Sponsored links:

• edited May 2019
    The bizarre thing is there are big hitters on CL that still think it's all about money for Duchatelet and he hasn't got a spiteful bone in his body !.

Yes, this was obviously a dig/spite.
    But my point is, I don't think he would be happy to lose £5M to £10M each & every season, because of spite.
    I don't believe he is not selling, because of spite.
    He's not selling because he wants to recover all his money & hopes someone is as daft as him & will stump up @£60M.
  • I saw a picture of the statement on Twitter and thought it was photoshopped!!! To realise it's actually not a joke... What's the point of mentioning those clubs especially the ones that are promoted to the Premier League?! I'm speechless.
  • The bizarre thing is there are big hitters on CL that still think it's all about money for Duchatelet and he hasn't got a spiteful bone in his body !.

But my point is, I don't think he would be happy to lose £5M to £10M each & every season, because of spite.
    He's not selling because he wants to recover all his money & hopes someone is as daft as him & will stump up @£60M.
    So it’s £65-70m now and £70-75m next season when he still hasn’t sold.

He’s just raked in a €19.5m dividend for the half year for Melexis. He’s a shrewd businessman, but everything about his ownership of Charlton now revolves around spite.  
  • It took me a long time to realise that was even real
  • The bizarre thing is there are big hitters on CL that still think it's all about money for Duchatelet and he hasn't got a spiteful bone in his body !.

Money is his Raison d'être, with ego and spite all mixed in. He wasn't totally daft when becoming Cafc owner because as we all know he paid less than 20 million for a Championship club with a decent fan base.
    To now want approximately 60M for a 3rd tier club is Crazy. 

• Just when you thought this complete arse of an owner couldn't act like any more of an arse. 
  • I think it’s less and less about the money and spite is becoming the overriding reason.  If a dozen people tell you roughly the same what they’re prepared to pay for something surely there must be an ulterior reason for trebling the price?  No-one is that stupid.

Wife:  “Are you going to get rid of those old football programmes?”

Man: “Yes dear, I’ll put them on ebay”. Asks around and finds going rate is about £200.  Puts them on ebay for £600

Two years pass.

Wife: “Those programmes are still in the loft, I thought you were going to sell them?”

Man: “I am darling, but they’re much more difficult to sell than buy.  Look at how many views my ebay has had, I am trying. (sotto voce)....honest”
  • And you wonder why people dislike you Roland, or is it the Comms department’s fault again?
  • Sponsored links:

• Definitely more about spite than money.
    Sad and pathetic though he is, he still owns the club and has no genuine interest in selling.
  • The success at the moment is in spite of him and down to some excellent people still working at the club and a coaching staff working miracles. Biggest kick in the bollocks to him would be for the fans to ignore him, put aside their differences and support the excellent people slowly but surely turning our great club back around. If we collectively did that, it would drive him mad! Sorry madder.
  • edited May 2019
    To be fair, Wilder did a brilliant job of avoiding a really crap owner. It’s just such a shame the crap owner doesn’t understand that.

• Could this not be removed?

Don't think it deserves a place for a certain person to enjoy.. Its what he wants..

Forget it, Move on and lets have a thread about making the valley a fortress on the 17th..

• I know he is not going to but would love it if Wilder come out and said the fans had noting to do with me not accepting the job, I just did not want to work under you.
  • edited May 2019
    Wilder is not so stupid that he wouldn't have known what to expect from Roland. It was a job. The clue as to why he didn't sign was the club he immediately signed for! 

I would love Wilder to be honest about it too. The owner is using him to take the high ground over fans which is out of order. He probably feels it is better not to get involved though and may have gone back on agreements so isn't particularly proud of himself.
  • I can't be bothered to care about this statement at this point of time when the club is actually doing well on the pitch, in spite of him.

Weird to bring up Wilder, but whatever