Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

CAFC v Doncaster crowd prediction

Comments

• Options
    edited May 2019
    Swindon in 2010 was around 21,000 which was actually disappointed by, I thought that would hit a 24ish. 

Shrews last year was 14,000. 

Donny will be somewhere in-between I think?
  • Options
    I think people over estimate how many people are actually boycotting. 

I would imagine there are many more, like my whole family who have just stopped going.  This is the first season since the 1986/7 season that none of me, my dad or brother have been to any home league games.

We all used to go together then me and my dad when my brother was at uni, then my dad and brother when I moved away.  I used to plan trips home round home games.  As the years have gone by my trips home have gone from monthly to almost annually.  My brother has a young family and got out the habit of going, my dad didn't want to go on his own. I'll be at Donny, they will both be at the home game, I think.  Glory hunters or bandwagon jumpers?  MAYBE. 
  • Options
    se9addick said:
    se9addick said:
    iainment said:
    I won't be there.
    But my wife has told me that if we get to the final she is going to get tickets. Apparently I can go or not but she'll be there.
    Blimey the problems you get as a boycotter.
    I can see me going there and waiting outside for her. Or going in with her.
    Decisions, decisions. 

On average Charlton seem to get to Wembley every 20 years. At that rate, if you’re luck you’ll get 4 chances in your life. Why would you let Roland take one of those chances from you? 
    Because a boycott is a boycott. You are either boycotting or your not and if you are then why be hypocritical to attend a game when you are on principal not attending other games. 
    I’d rather be a hypocrite and have a ticket for Wembley than be sitting on the sofa with my principles, but then I was never boycotting any way.
    Firstly, I wasn't suggesting that you were a hypocrite because as you say you haven't been boycotting.  

Secondly I answered your question only from my point of view as a boycotter.  You asked why someone won't go so I gave you my answer.  

I assure you I will not be sitting on my sofa bemoaning not having a ticket.     
  • Options
    That”s the message we want to send to the squad. 
    10,000 tickets sold in the first 48 (ish) hours. 
  • Options
    Good news if it's true but I wonder if the 10,000 figure includes some of the 6,000 odd season ticket holders who have yet to claim their seats ?

Donny's allocation goes on sale tomorrow
  • Options
    Doncaster are selling today
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Blucher said:
    Good news if it's true but I wonder if the 10,000 figure includes some of the 6,000 odd season ticket holders who have yet to claim their seats ?

This afternoon’s figure is actual tickets sold and has gone up handsomely since then which is great news
    Another 3,000?
  • Options
    Blucher said:

This afternoon’s figure is actual tickets sold and has gone up handsomely since then which is great news
    Olly, do you know how many home sold now & much more importantly how many away ?
    Can there be regular updates / tweets.
    People have transport and all sorts to arrange.
    Thanks mate.
  • Options
  • Options
    edited May 2019
    @Ollywozere  do you know when phone lines close tonight ??

Cos i've been hangin on for 36 mins and having called all day and been told can't get through , now i'm in a  queue for a phone call that may never be answered ???
  • Options
    13,000 already. That’s excellent. Can we break 20k?
  • Options
    I reckon +19k. I have been boycotting most home games but have cracked and bought four tickets for this one.
  • Options

Cos i've been hangin on for 36 mins and having called all day and been told can't get through , now i'm in a  queue for a phone call that may never be answered ???
    Phone lines close at 6, so hang on in there!
  • Options

They closed at 4.00pm. Club have left the line open so people can pay 35p a minute hanging on in the hope the phone will be answered.

£12.60 and counting:-) 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Ticket phoneline opening hours

Supporters can purchase their tickets online via the club’s ticketing service 24 hours a day, from 10am on Sunday.

Tickets can also be purchased via phone on 03432081496. Opening hours can be viewed below.

Sunday, May 5th: 10am-8pm

Monday, May 6th: 10-6pm 

Tuesday, May 7th: 9am-9pm

Wednesday, May 8th: 9am-9pm

Thursday, May 8th: 9am-9pm

Friday, May 9th: 9am-9pm

• Options
    I reckon 18-19000 be good if we do
  • Options
    Went through to a call centre (they took over after 5pm ) so didn't have a clue to help with my unique enquiry aaaaaaah
  • Options
    I’m sticking with my 22K
  • Options
    Earlier today (half 12ish) I summed up the number if tickets stated as remaining in each blockon the website. This came to just over 6000. 

24000 in home areas minus the blocks that are permanently closed (random guess of 3000). 

So 6000 remaining on a total home availability of 21000 suggest 15000 sold. Although I believe season ticket holders seats are being kept for them until tomorrow morning?

Does that sound right or have I massively missed something?
  • Options
    Blucher said:

Another 3,000?
    We’re at over 13,000 at close of play today

• Options
    Blucher said:

Another 3,000?
    We’re at over 13,000 at close of play today

Should have read the thread first! Lol
  • Options
  • Options