Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

CAFC v Doncaster crowd prediction

Comments

• Options
  • Options
  • Options
  • Options
  • Options
    C17k.........

If the boycotters forgoe their principles then maybe nearer to 20k
    Sod that. NAPM.
    Does that include Wembley @LargeAddick ? Genuine question (I asked someone the same thing last week, apologies if it was you!). 
  • Options
    iainment said:
    I won't be there.
    But my wife has told me that if we get to the final she is going to get tickets. Apparently I can go or not but she'll be there.
    Blimey the problems you get as a boycotter.
    I can see me going there and waiting outside for her. Or going in with her.
    Decisions, decisions. 

Your wife tries to coerce you into attending a football match?

First world problems.  I get sulks for wanting to watch match of the day.
  • Options
  • Options

• Options
    se9addick said:
    iainment said:
    I won't be there.
    But my wife has told me that if we get to the final she is going to get tickets. Apparently I can go or not but she'll be there.
    Decisions, decisions. 

On average Charlton seem to get to Wembley every 20 years. At that rate, if you’re luck you’ll get 4 chances in your life. Why would you let Roland take one of those chances from you? 
    Which is exactly the reason I'll be there.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    se9addick said:
    iainment said:
    I won't be there.
    Decisions, decisions. 

On average Charlton seem to get to Wembley every 20 years. At that rate, if you’re luck you’ll get 4 chances in your life. Why would you let Roland take one of those chances from you? 
    Because a boycott is a boycott. You are either boycotting or your not and if you are then why be hypocritical to attend a game when you are on principal not attending other games. 
  • Options
    se9addick said:
    iainment said:
    I won't be there.
    Decisions, decisions. 

This, this and this 
  • Options
    se9addick said:
    C17k.........

Sod that. NAPM.
    Does that include Wembley @LargeAddick ? Genuine question (I asked someone the same thing last week, apologies if it was you!). 
    Well luckily, or unluckily depending on which way you look at it, I’m actually on a cruise for the final so can’t go anyway but I’ll admit that if I were in the country I’d have a dilemma. I really don’t know what my decision would be. On the one hand do I let Roland win and stop me from seeing Charlton at Wembley or on the other do I set aside my principled stand against him and break my boycott. A tough decision but not one I’m going to have to make.
  • Options
    18236. But would love to see it break 20,000
  • Options
    se9addick said:
    iainment said:
    I won't be there.
    Decisions, decisions. 

Because a boycott is a boycott. You are either boycotting or your not and if you are then why be hypocritical to attend a game when you are on principal not attending other games. 
    I’d rather be a hypocrite and have a ticket for Wembley than be sitting on the sofa with my principles, but then I was never boycotting any way.
  • Options
    se9addick said:
    C17k.........

Sod that. NAPM.
    Well luckily, or unluckily depending on which way you look at it, I’m actually on a cruise for the final so can’t go anyway but I’ll admit that if I were in the country I’d have a dilemma. I really don’t know what my decision would be. On the one hand do I let Roland win and stop me from seeing Charlton at Wembley or on the other do I set aside my principled stand against him and break my boycott. A tough decision but not one I’m going to have to make.
    The great thing about principles is that you don’t have to stick to them if a better opportunity comes along.

I think that’s what my parents tried to teach me anyway. 
  • Options
    14,637 was the attendance last year v Shrewsbury

I'll go with 16,750
  • Options
    18,710, (over 4k up on last year)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
  • Options
  • Options
    Club should say guaranteed ticket to Final for those at the Valley for semi final if we get there
  • Options
    se9addick said:
    C17k.........

Sod that. NAPM.
    I'm in the country but sticking to my boycott. Just feel sad as the snippets of football look exciting, but I have always said that it isn't about the standard of football, so to be true to that i have to stick with it despite friends trying to get me along.
    Fair play to you mate.

I'm caving in for Wembley, for reasons given by SE9
  • Options
  • Options
    I’m going for 15,352. We’re not as big as we were.
    Shame, things could have been better if our owner had ever taken a bit of interest in his purchase. Even now that he’s had, by his standards, a stellar season he can’t be bothered.
  • Options
    Over 10,000 already
  • Options
    In 2010, we had an attendance of 21,521 for the second leg against Swindon but that was pre-Roland, we'd only been relegated the previous season and we had around 10,000 season ticket holders plus a bigger regular walk up support. The official average league attendance for that season was also 15,582. 

Last season, I was, in my naivety, a little disappointed the attendance of only 14,367 for the first leg of the Shrewsbury semi-final. Our official average league attendance last season was 11,846 although, as in previous years going back to Steve Waggott and beyond, that figure was artificially inflated by non-attending season ticket holders and complementary tickets.

Much as I'd love to break the 20,000 mark for this game, I think the best we can realistically hope for is 18,000. The decisive second leg is usually more interesting but much will depend upon what happens up at Donny on Sunday.
  • Options
    In the Bowyer post-match speech to fans, he asked us to rally for one last time.
    Whatever we think of the owner (boo), we owe it to LB and the group to give them one last Valley push.

I am trying to get a few non-CAFC pals to come along and boost the support.
    If will all bring a few neutrals with us, then 20k is achievable.